Sunday, April 23, 2023

Well that's a call I didn't want

 Important people have a ring tone on my phone.  My boss, my family, etc.  So Jack has one.  I had laid down for a nap (couldn't sleep) and it went off.  

I knew he had gone to Galveston this weekend so I asked if he was having fun, he said yes, so much he wouldn't be helping me tomorrow. 

Well, crap.  I knew my cab driver buddy has a standing appointment weekdays to take someone else to work and of course they take priority.  So I called him and he said he can come at 7:45 and take me to work.  I will be ready by 7:30 of course.  I start at 9. 

Thank God I have a ride.  I had a guy lost a job at our store because he relied on a Lyft to take him to his orientation. It was late, he was late, he lost the job. He was pretty upset. 

While I like Uber for grocery stores and things like that I would not want to count on them for a ride to work.  

Speaking of there is a young girl in my department.  Has a car that runs well, is always, ALWAYS late to work by 15 minutes, half an hour, every day. They have been giving her rope but she is about out of second chances. 

But my buddy came through so I am happy.  

No comments: