Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Very early Tuesday

I will not be sharing caregiver details due to snitching and not really some people's business, anyway.  I feel like 1-2 readers just want to sit back, eat popcorn, and gawk.  

Sharing and being a spectacle, are two different things in my book.  

I slept OK last night but woke up at 4, I had a nightmare as well and really didn't want to go back to sleep.  So I got up.  

Ron was awake, we talked a little.  I had been speaking my normal voice and he suddenly started saying "What?  What?"  

He has hearing aids but refuses to wear them.  I elevated my volume a bit and he accused me of shouting at him, ran me off.  

OK.  

He asked for help with something later and I did.  Then he wanted help putting small single shot alcohol bottles from one bag into another.  I said that was something he could do and I didn't care to help.  

I went off and took some Pepto because I had a feeling it was going to be that kind of morning, and I am pretty queasy today to begin with.  Also some ginger root.  

I had already taken my pills.  

Ron needed my help again, I went back, helped him.  He was very rude about needing assistance.  Now, I understand on an intellectual level: Ron doesn't want to be dependent, and he can lash out at me because I'm there.  

But I reminded him "There is ONE person here helping you".  That is all I said.  It is true, it is not critical, it states a fact.  He went off on me.  

I just don't get the verbal abuse of the one person helping you.  I really don't.  

I don't expect "Oh, Heather you're so wonderful" every time I bring him a drink but not calling me names would be a nice step.  

Edit; he did apologize on his own and I forgave him.  He is murdering a plate of chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce and a Coke.  I feel like McDonald's.  

Mockingbirds, and cats, are some of the best parents I have ever seen.  They are very protective.  The mockingbird mama outside is scolding something that has gotten too close to the nest, has even flown down and come after me, on occasion.  Every cat mother I have ever seen has been a beautiful mother.  

Sometimes I think God sends them to show us how it is supposed to be.  

No comments: