Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sunday morning

A busy day. 
 
I didn't sleep very well last night and woke up around 7 with a headache.  Not an auspicious start. 
 
I took something, took a shower, etc.  I took care of Ron, got dressed (not in that order), called a Uber.  I had a good ride with a nice lady. 
 
#2 had started on stage 2 of the improvement.  I have a large mulberry tree on the property line, I asked several people to cut it down but no one will because "it's a fruit tree" AGH.  Anyway, she sicced her guy on it with my blessing.  I told her she can cut the damned thing (I didn't swear) down if she wants, whatever she wants on the property line.  They just pruned it severely. 
 
Put delicately she is an alpha personality.  I used to take that very personally but better living with medication I actually like her. 
 
So she had that going today while I left.  I went to the store and got a huge block of cheese, a nice selection of pork loin ends (weird little cuts), etc.  They didn't have the 20 pound bag of rice but I got a decent assortment of groceries, including... wait for it... a $4 box of mini cream puffs.  And cheesecake that is very good and comes 2 slices to a box. 
 
Portion control is key. 
 
So I had a good ride home he had a big sign up he had a dash cam, but I am fine on that as I have no secrets.  He didn't speak very good English but he was nice. 
 
I couldn't get the front door to unlock.  Very frustrating.  I had to go around the house, yell in Ron's window, wake him up.  He opened it and then shut it again (laugh) but we got it.  I brought everything in.  They were still working next door. 
 
I came in and put the groceries away.  I really wanted to take off my bra (a common theme lately) but #2 had come to supervise the workers.  I got most of the pork in the crock pot with a fair amount of black pepper, some garlic, and a can of salsa.  Three pieces looked really good for the skillet so I cooked them up.  I ate 2 and saved the big one for later.  Yum, yum. 
 
I talked to them next door they cut down the red tips.  I would have fought on that BUT 2 were dead and another couple were sick, so time to do.  I really doubt the homeowner's wants a bunch of 8 foot tall dead bushes outside my house.  And it was important to her and I am more willing to concede these days. 
 
I can be very territorial (stop laughing!) but that has improved with medication, most likely, or I am just becoming a better person (:p).  So I was fine with that all. 
 
She said next step is stump killer, I agreed.  She wants to plant grass, I will water that.  She was happy.  I told her it looked good (it does, but more sun in my home).  She surprised me when she said she is going to fix part of my fence not on the property line it is terrible, I agreed.  She said she was going to have her guys do it.  I thanked her.  2 out of three fences are brand new now. 
 
For whatever reason, I have had a TERRIBLE time asking for help in my life, I think because I often got slapped for it - like back in January when I called for help and ended up getting a tirade from the police officer.  I didn't even ask for help and someone sicced APS on me.  When I had problems with depression and sought help, I did not get what I needed for a very long time. 
 
BUT things are changing now it seems like everyone is offering help without me even asking.  Now admittedly I have run into a bad apple who stole my stuff from the storage unit, but 95% of everyone who rallied the last year has been very supportive (except for the snitch!).  I just have to be gracious about it. 
 
It is needed, don't get me wrong, because I do have my hands full running the business, taking care of my family and myself. 
 
The store didn't have Diet Dew or the Iams Urinary formula, so I will have to go to Walmart pretty soon.  I will figure that out. 
 
After I finished, I sat down, took my pills (all that the same time which is fine per doc) and opened up the cream puffs.  They were bite size and very very good.  It is just cream and the shell so I should be OK (no migraine).  I did squirt some filling out on my shirt so I had to pretreat it and throw it in the washer, but it was worth it.  Very good. 
 
My pills are happy with the pork chop and the cream puffs.  It is quiet next door let me see what is going on. 
 
It is quiet, the yard looks great, lots more room between the two houses with the red-tips gone.  I will have more sun in my house but I can live with that. 
 
I'm going to take a nap while it is quiet. 

No comments: