Friday, May 1, 2020

Friday

I have had a bad headache off and on the last few days.  I could work yesterday but it is just nasty and persistent. 

I woke up at 1 am today and couldn't sleep, I was just raring to go.  They call it "the dawn effect" for some people the body releases hormones in the middle of the night.  It's one reason I can wait so long before eating in the morning. 

I laid there for a while and said screw it, got up and filed the monthly report, did the payment, found out we got our money.  That was nice. 

I went back to bed for a while, got up again.  I decided to make a run to the liquor store, swing by my bank and make my deposit, and check out Walmart (not that I needed much). 

I got up, got dressed.  I took care of Ron and tried to hire a Uber. 

My old debit card expired last night, the new number is the same as the old one, just a different expiration and magic number.  I tried to tell Uber that but they weren't having it.  I got very frustrated. 

I told Ron I might have to use his credit card for my Ubers until I got it sorted out.  That did not go over well. 

I finally figured out I could use Google Pay.  For whatever reason Uber will accept that but won't take the new card.  Because it is the same number as the old one. 

Another good reason to get my own credit card so I don't have hassles like this.  I got a ride, went to the liquor store.  I mainly wanted some small (50 ml) spiced rums for me and I did that, I also got some (2-3) flavored vodkas like grapefruit. 

Plan: I told doc one serving every 2 weeks so I plan to stick with that.  I don't want anyone to worry about me. 

I got a couple of singles for Ron because I was there anyway, paid, put it all in my backpack, went to the bank.  I made my deposit (most of my cash), and went to Walmart. 

I haven't really felt affected by shortages.  Yes, things are missing but there are other things.  But today they didn't have any of the 50 cent cans of corn.  Well they had the salt free.  I need salt in my diet doc has actually lectured me on this repeatedly, I need a lot of salt "Because lithium pushes sodium out of the body". 

I looked, the only thing they had were the $1.50 cans of corn in the green can, you know the brand.  Well, it looked like I was stuck.  I only wanted a couple cans but THREE TIMES what I paid even a few days ago... ouch.  Good thing Ron doesn't eat much. 

He is still eating his casserole, he calls it "trash" (corn, baked beans, bacon bits).  They moved the cat litter but they had it I didn't even look at the price, not optional and they all like it. 

Come to think I got Scoop Away and they had been using Fresh Step.  But they use both so it is OK.  I should have gotten the litter box freshener powder (what with social workers on the inbound) but forgot there was a woman crowding me so I wanted to get out of that section. 

I looked again by the sheets, I could use some twin fitted, nothing.  I may have to order that online. 

I paid and hailed another Uber, went home.  I had a pretty bad headache again and Ron was asleep so I just put things up and took a nap.  It took a while to drop off as I had taken headache pills earlier, I did fall asleep but woke up with a worse headache. 

I don't know what is going on with the headaches they had been fine for a while. 

I woke up, Ron was up, I gave him the sample of cucumber vodka, he loved it.  I never saw that coming.  My uncle likes to give Ron bottles of wine, I texted and told them try this. 

Ron did not want the smoked almonds and I am allergic so I will gift them (unopened). 

The cats have been super cuddly with Ron today, it's been cute.  First it was Baby Girl on him for hours.  He had a little break, then Torbie on his chest kneading him and purring for quite a while.  She left, a little break, and then Biscuit making love to the blanket (I am so glad I got that blanket for a couple of reasons) and laying on Ron's foot.  It is nice how they import themselves to Ron so he doesn't have to go looking. 

Very cute with the cats accommodating him.  We have the next couple days off and I don't need to run errands so that will be nice.  My only plan is to do something to benefit my credit, this weekend. 

Ron has the head injury thing where he is more emotional (less filter) since the accident.  Overall I find it "cute".  He was listening to a story about Charlie Pride and got rather distressed, I went in there and was talking to him and he was really sad for Charlie having his struggles... Ron has a heart for things like that. 

Anyway he was making sad noises and Baby Girl came in the room, got on the bed, glaring at me "You made him cry, you BITCH!"  It was funny, but she was really mad at me.  She is protective of him I really saw that. 

I tried to pet her but she wouldn't let me and kept looking at Ron, so I went back out to my computer.  Ron calmed down and she laid with him so they are fine now. 

But I've never had a cat take sides like that before. 

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you went to the liquor store why would Ron have to pay Arturo to bring ron liquor? Stop with the games about not touching alcohol. Ron could pay you what he pays Arturo to get the vodka

Heather Knits said...

I need to think about that.

Anonymous said...

Lol so now you are buying and giving Ron vodka and buying more alcohol for yourself. It's like the Twilight zone. Why not just buy all the vodka for him instead if him paying a hundred dollars for a cab to deliver it. I also think your drinking is a harbinger of bad things to come for you.

Anonymous said...

just get a regular size of the liquor. You and Ron can bond over being alcoholics together. /sarc

Anonymous said...

You need to update your card on the Uber app, the driver can't do it. Uber also has a credit card I think.

Heather Knits said...

It wouldn't give me a driver until I hashed out the payment method. What I'm doing works for now.

I don't have a credit history so no one wants to give me credit right now (at least the one place I tried).

Anonymous said...

just use google pay if that is accepted by Uber. Manage the payment type through google. I use PayPal wherever I can then I don’t ever have to worry about my debit card number expiring or changing on me. PayPal is linked to my checking.

No one needs a credit card. Read up on what Dave Ramsey has to say about credit.

Anonymous said...

You really did let Ron gave complete control over you. Goid thing your family wasn't Mormon

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you just buy the salt free corn and add your own salt at home? You need to consume a lot of salt so I assume you keep some at home.

Anonymous said...

You even mentioning the fact you are going to a liquor store breaks my heart . I am unable to read this knowing you are headed in this direction . You are so high risk and no matter what anyone says this is just a horrible turn of events here. You take care of yourself good luck and I will check back in a few months hoping things are better.
Bye for now and to those who can not help but make rude remarks. Look at your own life. If you are sitting here saying such antagonistic things to someone in such a horrible period of life? You are really an ass£%£!

Anonymous said...

The Uber app can edit or add cards fine. I don't know why you're having issues with that. I've had to change cards on it before and it was OK. I just double checked myself since I haven't used it since last fall and had an expired card so I updated. No problem at all. I just had to click on my card, hit the top three dots, click on Edit and updated the expiry date and CVV & saved.

About alcohol - it's a slippery slope for you, especially as an adult who was diagnosed with FAS as a baby. However, you are an adult and you can choose what you want to do, even to your own detriment. Everyone has a choice. You are Ron's caregiver so keep that in mind when you are still waiting for the social worker to follow up with you and Ron about the reports.

Stay safe. -star_tigress

Heather Knits said...

Maybe it was just yesterday, maybe I need to delete old card before adding new one.

With the salt I can add it to my taste but harder to add it to his, right now he likes the level the canners use so I just went with the deluxe brand.

Google pay did work for me x 3 trips so I will keep using that for now. An extra step or two but not bad.

Anonymous said...

No comment about your drinking? Interesting. And again making ALL your choices about what Ron likes. Even when it comes to canned corn.

Heather Knits said...

One drink every 2 weeks is not worth mentioning. I bought the small 50 ml bottles so I have automatic portion control. One thing I have seen with Ron: it is easy to get sloppy on serving size.

Since I am his cook I want his food to be appealing to him, it is very hard to get him to eat. If it is too salty/not salty enough he won't want to eat it again. And he eats about 1 can every 2 days so we can certainly afford it. I'm not going to apologize for that.

I was raised traditional where the woman was the home maker and provided for the family. I think that is Biblical. I'm not going to apologize for that and it also covers the caregiving I do as well.

Yes, I do most of the breadwinning. And this. If someone wants to help out with a ride in Houston (that is really the big thing I always need a ride) send me a Uber credit like someone did, same person sent me cat treats, someone else sent me a very nice card, that all helps.

Constantly second guessing simple decisions like literally buying one can of corn over another just doesn't provide a benefit.

Anonymous said...

Stop begging for things when you won't even return defective $17.00 face masks. As for the biblical kow towing you do to ron it is not biblical to be a doormat and you were raised to be a victim so there's that too. Stop drinking alcohol. I just don't get why you started doing this. Even your doctor was concerned when you told him. Drinking and drugs are not the path you want to go down. Plus if you are smoking hemp or whatever it is I think that can interfere with a drug test should you ever need to get a job.

Mostly he eats microwave foods that are processed so you really aren't his cook as you are his microwaver.

Anonymous said...

No one should send you shit if you are going to use your stimulus check to buy a portrait of a cat.

Anonymous said...

Do what 3:00 AM explained how to update your card on the Uber app. You have to learn these simple things so you know what to do if you get a credit card in the future. Just like you didn't have to ask the bank when you saw the card was about to expire, they just automatedly send you a new one. If you use the card anywhere else you'll need to update it on those accounts too. You don't have to delete the old card, just update the expiration date and cv when it's the same number which it usually is.

Anonymous said...

Why would you even ask people to give you money when you have a husband that wastes so much money on vodka every month. Why not ask him to cut back on the vodka?

Anonymous said...

Here's van idea instead of asking people for money try making a budget as a married couple together.

Anonymous said...

Second guessing small financial decisions has a huge benefit, actually. It can save you tons of money over time.

Heather Knits said...

I'm not asking for money... I guess you are going to hold the Go Fund Me over my head until one of us dies?

I would like to see what you do when your home has $25K damage, all your stuff is gone, and you have no idea if insurance will pay.

Heather Knits said...

I updated everything else just forgot the Uber.

Anonymous said...

You did:
“ If someone wants to help out with a ride in Houston (that is really the big thing I always need a ride) send me a Uber credit like someone did, same person sent me cat treats, someone else sent me a very nice card, that all helps. ”

Anonymous said...

"If someone wants to help out with a ride in Houston (that is really the big thing I always need a ride) send me a Uber credit like someone did, same person sent me cat treats, someone else sent me a very nice card, that all helps."

That is asking for money in my book. But you won't return $17.00 worth of merchandise that could pay for a ride.

People get upset with you because they see so many things you could do to improve the quality of your life but you refuse to do any of them.

Nothing wrong with making a budget with Ron. But you won't even do that.

Your insurance company did cover your water damage so talk to me about the people who have water damage or mold and the insurance company won't cover it and they have no one who can give them a loan (like your dad) they certainly have it a lot worse than you did.

And you did not have to let them take ALL your stuff. It wasn't like you were standing in water up to your ankles but because you had so much clutter and hoarded stuff you had no real choice but to have them take it all because you couldn't go through the stuff to keep what you needed until the house was repaired.

I still don't understand how they left the washer and dryer but just had to take every single thing in the other two bedrooms. It baffles the mind considering you had a giant hole in the ceiling in the laundry room.

Heather Knits said...

3 AM fix worked, you would do well in tech support.

I had to edit it from the wallet vs the payment window. I also discovered I had earned a $5 credit so I redeemed that as well.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got it all sorted on the Uber app! -star_tigress

Heather Knits said...

I defined what I see as "good" help vs nitpicking me at 1 in the morning.

I am still baffled they took what they did BUT very glad they did leave washer and dryer can you imagine doing laundry with no transportation? Horrible, done that. Water was everywhere on Dec 23rd let me tell you squashing around all over... ugh.

Still baffled what they took, what didn't come back, etc.

We have had a policy his money is his as long as "his" bills are paid and they are. "My" bills are water and my transportation. I use most of the water LOL so that is fair.

One thing I learned the right insurance is far more important than the cheap insurance. The right insurance will pay.

So I plan to keep our guys.

If I could talk to my family I would tell them exactly what I told you: what I actually need. That's the best gift. But I am gracious about all gifts given some I have to admit are more appreciated than others.

Like the box of cat treats: awesome! Uber card:MUCH appreciated. But there is no delicate way to say "I don't really need any ____"

Anonymous said...

Your policy worked when you were renters but as homeowners you both need to be putting money aside to damage for needed repairs and maintenance that is going to come up. It is only prudent to stop being grasshoppers and start being ants. Please have a talk with him about it and make it a priority to have him putting at least 10 to 20 percent of his money in a home repair fund. He should also be paying you for caregiving since you are unable to get work because of him. Anyone who claims they love a person would at least do enough to keep the oerson they loved financially sound and secure. I just can't believe he is wasting all his money on drinking that is beyond sad.

Heather Knits said...

We have been homeowners for 20 years... we never had renters insurance the last neighborhood we lived was so bad renters insurance was quoted at $200 a month. We have always had this policy the company changed names a few times which had me VERY worried when it was time for a claim but they turned out to be good guys.

Anonymous said...

It's like talking to a brick wall. Ok don't save money. Let ron waste all of it on vodka. Don't have a budget.

Anonymous said...

The stimulus is to "stimulate" the economy, you hateful person. How about you say how you spent yours?

Heather Knits said...

8:07 you are embarrassed you made incorrect assumptions even though, every year, I always bitch about paying the HOMEOWNERS insurance. When the pipe broke didn't want to file with the HOMEOWNERS. HOMEOWNERS paid... no, for some reason you think I have renters.

If I had the pipe break in a rental I would have just moved out into a better place.

We do have an emergency fund not as much as we would like but we have one. If we have anything in it, we use it on fun things like home repairs, vet bills, dental work. That's how I took care of Biscuit when he got blocked last year.

Anonymous said...

The 9nly reason your home owners covered it was because it was a pipe leak. Most things are not covered by homeowners and you got lucky. Your roof which you said needs replacing woll not be covered. If you had a decent sizrmed emergency fund your deductible would not have been an issue.

You refuse to sit down with Ron. Make a list of all your bills, all money coming in and see just how much you both are wasting on miscellaneous items and how much you could actually save each month. I think you don't want to face the truth about how much ron spends on vodka and how much you down on other things.

Anonymous said...

And I never said you had renters insurance. I was talking about your policy of not making Ron save money and letting him squander it all on vodka.

Anonymous said...

And there is no we in your marriage. There is you doing a little responsibleness with saving some money and Ron doing whatever he wants with his money.

Heather Knits said...

I have owned a home for about 20 years. You honestly think I haven't had unexpected expenses? I have had tons of plumbing issues, siding repair, water heater, had to remodel the shower enclosure as the wall was literally falling in. Pet expenses, plenty of those. It is $600+ just to get 3 cats their yearly exam and shots every year. And that is 3 cats. I have 5.

Happily Texas Litter Control is cheaper and does it nearby so Spotty's going there, if it works out I will take the "old guard" in July. That will save me some money. How about my broken tooth and root canal? That cost over $1400 total, Ron's teeth we won't even go there.

I am disabled, I have brain damage, but I am not a green kid. I know we need an emergency fund and it is sweet for you to be concerned. The stimulus check will go for insurance and we don't have to worry about that. We can start saving for flood insurance ($1,400 last year we are 9 inches in the floor plain per the new maps). Ideally I would LOVE A $5k emergency fund. I also need to get my own credit booted because Ron is not doing well.

I don't want him drunk to death one day and I have no way of getting utilities.

Anonymous said...

Again. Until you sit down with him and add up all your bills and income you will never understand how much you are both wasting on your vices. I think you don't want to because you would be to upset knowing how much ron wastes every month while he tosses you an occasional bone now and then.

So don't bother trying to make a budget. Just keep going like you are but eventually you will have to face the reality of how Ron has neglected you financially and suffer the consequences of it.