Thursday, May 14, 2020

I am impressed with Walmart dot com

Monday I was a little manic.  Ron ripped one of his tshirts while lying in bed.  I decided to buy some online as they have a very limited selection at the store.  

Ron is not picky about clothes but he wants pocket t shirts a size large.  So I ordered some Monday, from Walmart.  

They already had my information on file, like Amazon, so very easy to order, six shirt pack for $20.  I ordered Spotty's rug at the same time so I got free shipping.  

It seemed like a good deal but I have never tried the George tshirts.  And I had NO idea how the shipping would go I ordered something from another company, from CA weeks ago and still haven't got it.  

They came today, I gave Ron a heads up they were coming so he knew not to freak out when the doorbell rang. He is a little like Biscuit in that.  DING DONG I went and got it.  

There were workers next door who seemed to enjoy the sight of me in my loud yellow bathrobe.  Oh, well.  I was covered.  

I brought it inside.  Unlike some people I know I figure most packages the germs only live for a few days on surfaces and it is not a high risk.  I opened it up, they were nice and heavy, not a cheap fabric.  They are in the washer and I am happy.  I'm not going to run the load just yet though.  

I decided not to be cheap with Ron's old tshirt.  It had a very long rip across the front like I shredded it in a sexual frenzy - not quite!  I decided I could wash it and save it as a rag or I could just toss it.  It was very odd tossing the laundry and not washing it but it was pretty grubby anyway.  

He woke up and had another bad day for pain, today it was the thumb joint in his left hand, that is bone on bone and would require reconstructive surgery, CUT OUT old bone, replace it with an implant NOTHANKS.  Doc didn't want to do it either.  

So Ron manages.  But it is his good hand so he has difficulty.  

Today he said he would try the roll on.  So I did that he complained a little about the fragrance, I explained the essential oils get in there on the pain receptor, but I would clean it off if he wanted.  He is asleep now not screaming any more so it obviously helped.  

I found an online site that does wholesale industrial cleaning supplies including "quat" a hospital grade disinfectant.  They had a pine version but pine oil is horrible for cats.  Horrible.  Don't use any pine stuff around pets.  

They had an unscented (Ron will love that) version for a reasonable price and still had some in stock.  You could not get a spray bottle to save your life, though.  I do have a bottle with the Simple green I can use that up and then put the new stuff in it (washing of course, first).  I will wait until I get it and then put up the link.  

The way things are I think it is better.  

You may wonder why I am still doing the blog.  When I first got my diagnosis I did a lot of reading.  To her credit, my sister mailed me some books as well.  

I found "her" books useless, one biography about a guy battling suicide and another biography and she was very intellectual about it the nature of creativity and all that in the bipolar brain.  I didn't need that; I wanted useful stuff like: Don't use pine disinfectant if you have cats (!), don't do a lot of caffeine, make sure you get a lot of sleep even when you are manic, it is OK to take a break on housework for a while and break it up into smaller daily jobs, etc.  Make a list of reasons for living and look at it when depressed.  How to deal with side effects like nausea (take ginger root with the medication).    

I wasn't getting that much except the Bipolar Survival Guide which I only found on my own.  So I said, I'm going to be that person, that source, and make it a little easier for someone with bipolar and those who love them.  Not so scary and impossible, it is just a thing like allergies if you manage it right.  

SO I continue.  I am really happy I did find the disinfectant, I haven't talked about this but I am not one of those "cleanser" types wiping down my groceries and all.  The way I see it I will keep up a basic level of housework and laundry, wash my hands when I come home, take my supplements, etc.  I have some cleaning products (most were taken away and returned with the pipe break) for a while but I have been wondering what happens when they run out.  We all know you can't find a lot at the store.  

I do home care.  I will allow you to exercise your imagination on what that might entail.  At the very least I need something good to clean the toilet.  And "quat" - I have used that before. In the hospital there was an incident where Ron acted out and someone had a mess to clean - they brought a bucket of it with rags and I said I would do it.  You should have seen that cleaning lady run.  LOL  It did a great job and it was good enough for a hospital so I have wanted some ever since.  

Now I have some coming and it was, I felt, very reasonably priced.  I want to share the name with you (company) but will wait until I actually have it, first.  I can even get a gallon if I really like it.  

I don't think I will do that, but buy another quart if I do.  

No comments: