Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday evening

Ron's hand is better but he has just had a rough day overall.  

I found $80, insane, I thought, but thank you very much I went to the head shop.  I was out of my Trainwreck Kratom (Painout brand) and they have it very reasonably priced, and cheaper and more available than online.   It is highly effective for Ron.  

I buy something online it is a week getting it if I'm lucky - people tell me priority mail is totally swamped at the processing center.  It was several days just getting my face masks, AFTER they got to Houston.  I go to the shop I am buying local and walking out with it that day.  For less money.  

They know me I guess I am memorable I kind of have a soccer mom thing going these days with the ponytail and glasses.  I bought some hemp smokes for me and the kratom for Ron.  

I came home and Ron asked where I'd been.  He had been asleep and was a little confused when he woke up.  We sorted it out.  I had bought some snacks.  

I thought this was cute a while back Ron told me he loved to hear me eat.  I asked him why and he said I make yum yum noises, I'm not aware of them but he can hear them.  I was apparently enjoying my Gator Tators (kettle chips with dill seasoning) and he asked for one.  I gave him about the smallest fragment you can imagine, he didn't like it.  Glad I was so stingy.  I happily finished the rest.  

"They are great when I go to the head shop" I explained "But I wouldn't want to eat them more often" 

I had pretty much that for dinner.  I will do meds with a protein shake later.  

Now I have a decent amount of kratom for Ron, some more hemp for me.  It is very helpful for headaches for me.  

Ha instead of the head shop I should call it the pain reliever store.  Mine, and his.  

We had a little debate over the thermostat.  Eventually we do need to get a new one.  And a new garbage disposal, and something else I forget what but we need it.  Oh, the toilet.  

All our stimulus money is going to handymen and the insurance company but I don't mind the insurance because they will use it to pay the awesome people who PAID OUR CLAIM.  No problem with that.  

It is funny I was so cynical about them for so long convinced they would not pay; but they did.  Those "What you think will happen to you, will" people are WRONG because never in a million years would I have thought 1. the claim would be so high and 2.  they would pay every penny.  

But they did, happily, and the house looks much nicer.  

I like our face masks they look good I will see how they launder.  They are a nice knit cotton but not flimsy.  Let us wear them a while and then I will put up a link if they hold.  

I remember years ago I stopped buying anything at Kmart because it looked good for 1-2 washes and then fell apart on me after I had thrown out the receipt.  I got burned a couple times and said EFF it not worth it and started buying my clothes from Walmart.  I only had one problem with Walmart clothes falling apart on me and they gave me my money back.  

So I will wait a little bit.  They seemed to wash OK.  I am hanging them to dry because it seems the right way to handle them.  So: hopeful.  I don't feel ripped off.  

If I do like them they have a lot of colors so I can get a few and play mixy matchy.  I got the denim blue it is a nice medium blue should go with everything.  I got Ron turquoise it is good because he wears pretty much all neutrals.  

I am tired but I got a lot of housework done today, slept in, even got a small nap...no I don't think I did.  I laid down but couldn't sleep, found the money, and went to the store.  

I am glad the roll on worked on Ron's hand I think I will carry that with me from now on.  We have plenty of Kratom for his next back attack.  I felt so horrible this morning looking for the Trainwreck variety and we were out!  Horrible!  

Like I had no food for the baby, horrible.  So really glad I have a nice package.  And still legal in Houston.  

I think a lot of things are going to see global legalization like pot, kratom, etc. if they aren't already.  I would much rather be around a pot smoker than a drinker.  

My dryer is just whirling away I can hear it, I never thought it would survive when I found it getting leaked on, the ceiling fell in on it, and then ANOTHER leak on it a couple of weeks later.  Never figured it would have a functional ending but it's going and going like I just bought it.  It's a Kenmore about 4 years old.  My last one made it 16 years.  I am a fan of Kenmore, and GE, appliances.  

Our fridge is a GE.  The icemaker went a few years ago but it is at least 16 years old now (came with the house) and still nice and chilly.  Water heater is over 10 years old, a GE, and so hot it will scald if we're not careful.  I love it.  You get the idea.  

Happily, I can say I have not had a major appliance I felt was a piece of crap.  Minor ones, like my lousy vacuum I forget the brand...but the major ones have all performed well.  

Ron is eating one boiled egg after another tonight.  I put them in a disposable cup with some salt so he can roll it in the salt as he eats it, he loves them like that.  Walmart is nice enough to sell half dozens of peeled boiled eggs so I just open the bag, put the egg in the cup, and add some salt.  I used my fancy pink salt tonight.  He has eaten one after the other very apologetic about wanting more but all he ate today was a corn dog (as far as I know there may have been cashews or crackers in there).  I got him some lemonade too all the salt makes him thirsty.  But he's happy.  

I told him this; I was talking to one of my drivers and he said Ron must be pretty cranky being in chronic pain and so disabled.  And I told him, you know, he really isn't.  He is very appreciative, so much of the time, about what I do for him.  And that makes a big difference.  Even just a "Thank you" when I bring him a lemonade.  That matters.  And I told Ron that because I do not believe in leaving things unsaid.  

He asked me how the stalker found out enough to make a report and I explained it to him.  He said there should be a way for a person to type in their name and then XX and everything about them is wiped.  I said I wished it worked that way.  

He is on his fourth egg no worries about his protein for today.  

No comments: