Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Had a nightmare the house flooded again

That was pretty awful and I am up now (look at time stamp) so I am just going to stay up for a little while.  

The veggie stew smells good so I will share what I did.  

I got some presliced raw carrots, some red skin potatoes, a can of dark red kidney beans, a garlic clove, and a can of tomatoes (I used petite diced).  If you enjoy onions (I don't) you could add some.  I put them all in the crock pot bag, raw veggies on the bottom.  I added 1/4 t salt and some black pepper, about the same amount.  I put it on low.  

I am more of an approximate measurer when it comes to cooking.  Baking I am precise but for this I just threw in what looked good, and what fit in my small crock pot.  When I was cleaning up a few months ago I got rid of the big pot.  I don't miss it.  

It smells good, I will eat it later this morning.  They are all veggies I enjoy so they should be good together.  I can't abide stewed tomatoes.  I was substituted a can on a recent delivery and I need to put that in my "auntie" box.  

By the way they did ask questions about support so both Ron and I independently named my aunt as our local support.  She said that was fine when I told her.  

The cats are good I saw most of them since I got up.  I sat on Ron's bed and found a wet spot.  He said it is cucumber vodka he spilled.  His problem it comes in a very large heavy glass bottle that's a little much for him to handle.  He needs to get some cucumber vodka in a plastic bottle if they make such a thing.  

And I "can" have a serving of alcohol this week if I want it but I don't want to deal with headaches so I haven't.  So much for becoming a lush.  I would like to get away from the hemp with a respiratory virus roaming but it is too helpful for the headaches to ditch.  But I have some small 50 ml (3 tablespoon) servings if I want, and if I have any it will only be one.  

And Doc was fine with this.  

I have found it interesting how the Fireball cinnamon whiskey was, and has been, consistently sold out at the liquor store the last month or so.  That's the comfort alcohol everyone wants.  I have a tiny generic brand if I decide to try it (I haven't).  

I should add the last time I tried a spiced rum I literally had about 2 sips of the 50 ml, put the cap back on, and haven't finished it.  It's not going anywhere.  

The headache was pretty bad earlier tonight, abated somewhat, and is trying to make a comeback.  I would love to know how much - percentage wise, is stress vs medication vs weather.  I know they are all factors.  

The weather never came either it passed us like the last front or it isn't here yet.  It looks like we will get some but not what they said we would.  But Dad made a point quite a while back that the weather man always exaggerates to get more attention.  He said it used to really freak him out (my words) when they would forecast this terrible storm coming in and it would be nothing, he realized pretty quick most of them are not as advertised.  

For Houston the classic example is probably Hurricane Rita.  2005.  She came about a month after Katrina.  Forecast to hit Houston as a Cat 5.  #6 evacuated with 2 babies in diapers... more on that.  We didn't have anywhere to go what I heard the shelters up in Dallas didn't have cots.  I figured we were pretty far inland and better to just stay home and have our own beds.  So we did.  And it took a turn and went to very far east Texas, west Louisiana.  It was bad for them but Houston just got a very breezy, clear, day.  We didn't even lose power.  Nearly the whole city had evacuated and got stuck on the freeways for days so #6 was stuck on the road with two crying babies in diapers... needless to say he did not evacuate (this time with 2 older kids and a very pregnant wife) when Ike came in 2008.  They just stayed home, he had a generator.  It was loud as hell but he did offer to let me run a cord off it.  We were OK though.  

I do need to get Ron another battery operated fan he lost his.  I know some readers find it frustrating but he is blind, he does have brain damage, it isn't just him breaking things in drunken rampages... he honestly doesn't know what he does with his things.  We agreed we will do some purging later so maybe we will find it then.  He doesn't really have that much.  

I am also going to trim the urinal herd.  I think 3 is a fair number and the rest can all go in the trash.  I will let him pick his favorites he likes some better than others.  

He fixed the thermostat I was impressed, it was not shutting off and it was very frustrating as we had a couple days in the 90's (32 C) and it was a little difficult in the house, I thought we would need a new $$ thermostat BUT he got the dirt out of the mechanism and it has been behaving.  I also told him the garbage disposal (very elderly) is stuck again and he said he will try to get it with the wooden dowel.  If he can fix that it will be hundreds of dollars saved.  Even a train wreck he does more than some men.  So yes I will brag.  

I worry people think it is ALL bad here.  It is not, it is difficult at times and I vent but like I told the social worker, I know about the Women's Center.  I know about the mental health crisis line.  I know I have options.  Most days I feel like I have a pretty easy life.  Just about perfect if I could lick these headaches and the depression for both of us.  

Awww, there's a fat little Cleo snuck up on the couch next to me, sleeping, looks so precious and drowsy.  Of course my phone is off.  I am so proud of her she is such a little sweetie.  I have a special soft spot for her.  I wonder what happened to the person who was always shouting at me about Cleo?  Now that she is a fat little house cat, sleeps in the bed, not a peep.  

That's it for now.  


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stew sounds yummy. Glad the call with the social worker went well.

Anonymous said...

Is there some reason you won't try the CBD cream for your headaches that I keep recommending? You've tried everything else, you won't know if it will help if you don't try it. It was a miracle for me, so simple and you don't have to do anything but rub it on your forehead. My friend uses it for her shoulder pain, and it helps her very much too.

Anonymous said...

Wow if you're happy and think you almost have a perfect life, you have a very low expectation of what is happy and perfect. That's pretty sad.

Anonymous said...

So you will go to the liquor store and buy alcohol for yourself but won't buy it for ron to save money. Ridiculous.