Friday, May 1, 2020

He scared me

Sometimes I just wake up in the middle of the night, ready to go.  Ron didn't wake me as far as I could tell but I was just done sleeping.  I finally decided to get up and do the monthly report.  Ron was already up. 

I did that, it wasn't too difficult.  Part of the report requires an online payment using an e-check.  I asked Ron to check the bank to make sure we had enough to cover the payment.  He did, we had more than enough (about $80 extra).  He then called my name in a rather stricken voice and I went on high alert, ran in there.  I thought he was sick or someone had hacked the personal account. 

I asked him what was wrong.  He said someone had made an additional (they did his SS early) deposit on his account and who would do that?  I said that's our stimulus money.  He was very happy to hear it.

We talked for a little while.  Odds are we will pay off the credit card, buy a new toilet (praise God!), and get a freezer.  That will about do it.  We can really use the toilet and freezer. 

Our current freezer is very small and I can barely squeeze the chicken nuggets, a couple packages of hot dogs, and some TV dinners in there.  It will be nice to open that without things falling out all the time. 

I am not very organized when it comes to food, particularly my disaster/backup pantry.  Everything is just shoved in there with no organization.  But that's how I found my face masks, I had them in there and missed them the last couple times I did cleanouts so I had them this time. 

I may get manic enough to do that one day but I am not worried about it.  The pantry is full of good things to eat, that is all that matters.  I also have some batteries in there as well. 

So I played online until about 3 (up at 1) and went back to bed, slept pretty well.  I had Cleo in one of my dreams.  I am not sure who it was but I think Spotty got in bed with me, Cleo, and Torbie.  It was a very nice time for me lots of petting and purring.  And that is why I never did the hotel when the pipe broke.  Saved the insurance probably a couple thousand too. 

I did wake up with a headache I am trying the Mountain Dew on that for now.  I fed the cats when I got up at 1: salmon with probiotics mixed in (the probiotics finally came).  I think it is really important for a cat to get probiotics I think it does wonders for their health and overall immunity. 

TMI ALERT
You may remember how Cleo and Spotty had digestive issues when they came to me last year.  Those have resolved nicely in no small part thanks to the probiotics I administer.  The Iams Urinary formula seems to be good for everyone as well. 

DONE

I gave them dry when I got up and they are munching on that.  Ron was wondering what he could buy Baby Girl with his stimulus money.  We had already talked about the other things. 

I may tell him about the Crown and Paw portraits.  They could maybe use a cat condo for the orange room but other than that are pretty set.  But I think the toilet, freezer, and credit card are going to eat up most of the money. 

But that will be nice we have been making $100 payments on that card for a while now (minimum was $25). 

He had already given me a little extra on my pay this month so that is nice.  I am debating if I want to go to the store and make a deposit today.  I don't really need to do any shopping but it might be nice to get the deposit done so I can forget about it. 

I am also looking at what I can do, personally, to build my credit.  I applied for a card recently and was told I did not have a history.  That is good, at least it is not a BAD history but I need to work on that.  I think I will go with one of those "second chance" places that let you buy something on their credit, it is overpriced but the account does build a positive history. 

Right now I would be pretty screwed re: credit if something happened to Ron and I need to think about it.  He is over 60 and not in good health.  I have to look to the future.  And I also have to figure out which of the junk I am willing to get saddled with in order to make this happen.

Or I may do a secured credit card.  I have some options.  Ron actually used a secure credit card to build his credit about 20 years ago now he has a pretty good limit on his card.  I will probably do the secure card. 

I am going to get ready to go. 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not.... save the stimulus money? We are headed for another depression and you guys barely have any money to begging with, and he wants to buy something for A CAT? Omfg seriously.

Anonymous said...

Fix the catio with that money, that's what Ron can do for Baby Girl.

I don't understand if you already have a credit card and are paying over the minimum isn't that a history? Is it through your bank? If not have you applied to your bank for a credit card?

Heather Knits said...

He has a credit card in his name. He had another credit card and put me on it and I assumed he was making payments, he did not and it got cut off. THANKS A LOT.

So now I will set up a secure card in my name only to build my credit. It's not that I really have any bad things aside from that credit card, which may or may not affect me because I was just "authorized" on it, but I just don't have accounts on the record so no one knows if I'm a jerk.

He just wanted to do something for her she is spoiled rotten. We do need a new toilet so absolutely doing that.

Anonymous said...

The truth is that you didn't go to a hotel with the cats because Ron did not want to go to a hotel. No other reason than that.

Anonymous said...

Your stimulus money is $2400. A new freezer is about $400 - $500. Install on a new toilet should be no more than $150 and the new toilet should only cost about $200 - $250 (make sure they replace the rubber ring at the bottom of the toilet not jut put the new toilet over the existing one). So that is on the high end $750. That leaves you with $1650.

If you are running up your credit cards to this amount you both need to have a serious come to Jesus meeting about his spending and yours and create a budget for both of you as a married couple. I just don't understand you do not have a lot of expenses but I do see a lot of waste.

Anonymous said...

I think they only got $1200

Heather Knits said...

First of all your numbers are way off. A new toilet installed in Houston (I have discussed this with several plumbers and other people) is $400 just for the install.

Credit card had to cover my root canal when I broke my chomper in half last year. We don't use the card aside from that read my Friday post when he went off on me for even suggesting I use it for a Uber. We haven't eaten out since August of last year.

I would like to see Ron get something "fun" from this aside from a new toilet and freezer. I don't know what that will be yet. He also needs some extensive dental work but the dentist has been unavailable.

Heather Knits said...

I didn't go to a hotel for several reasons:
1. Ron wanted to stay home.
2. I doubted we could find one to take cats.
3. If we did I worried about the cats trashing it, they love to claw things.
4. I didn't want to freak out the cats with a change
5. I didn't want the cats getting out - and I discussed this - especially as the 2 contenders were both near VERY busy roads.
6. I had doubts about insurance REALLY paying.
7. I would rather be in my own space even if it's trashed. I had plumbing (mostly), a roof, electricity, a cot, I was OK for the time it took. I do value what I have now, though.

Anonymous said...

Ron was supposedly paying for your root canal. I guess that was a lie. He does spend money on something fun it's called vodka. Houston is a rip off if they are charging you 400 to install a damn toilet.

Heather Knits said...

He was $100 a month on the card, he couldn't just crap out over a thousand dollars.

Welcome to the big city. A lot of awesome things about living here but the plumbers hose you pretty good. Remember it was $150 just to get the kitchen faucet done. Carlos, God love him, not a plumber but did a great job hooking up the vanity/sink in the bathroom that I was quoted $450. Carlos just did it as part of the job and may he prosper forever for that.

Anonymous said...

You definitely need credit in your own name. Did you try your own bank or how about a credit union?

Fix the catio darn it!!

Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to ask, did you try the magic eraser on your tub?

Heather Knits said...

I will try the eraser tonight.

Anonymous said...

Did it work?

Heather Knits said...

Not really.