Friday, May 22, 2020

I will be remaking some beds today

Not that anyone had a problem but those rubber sheets make the bed so hot... 

I put a rubber sheet on my mattress when I got it back in March because cats do get sick in the bed and I still have my period.  Everything I read says things will become unpredictable/heavy with my cycle so better to have the mattress protected.  It is a very comfortable mattress.  It cost me $270 back in 2016, it has memory foam and springs.  

But last night I was so hot and uncomfortable, and it was coming from underneath.  It took me a while to realize the rubber (vinyl actually but rubber is easier to spell) sheet was reflecting my own body heat back at me.  

I took my quilt and spread it out on the mattress, immediate relief.  

I have some flat sheets so I will be putting those on top of the rubber for now, that should help, and do Ron's too because I want him to be comfortable.  Although he hasn't complained.  

I think I will just use cheap flat sheets to "break" Ron's bed but get myself a mattress pad, as I have fewer changes.  

It is not always what you think, he has cats in his bed, sometimes they get sick.  He eats in bed and spills food, so have to wash the sheets.  Plus they should be washed anyway every week or so...

No comments: