Tuesday, May 19, 2020

"She's going to kick his ass"

Once the store opened, I got Ron settled and headed off in a Uber.  

I did all my shopping.  I almost forgot the cat food but remembered in time and went back for it.  As an apology, I threw some catnip toys in the cart (they were a big hit).  

I got my favorite cashier, who never leaves anything behind.  I had a good ride home and put all the groceries in the driveway from the car so he didn't have to wait for me to take them in the house.  The neighborhood is decent; no one's going to make off with my baked beans while I put something in the fridge.  

BUT I did have the front door propped.  Baby Girl came out to watch me and was sitting amid the groceries.  One of the neighbor boys (from blocks away) came by walking his dog.  Baby Girl crouched.  The dog was not on a leash and began to run up on us.  

It was not a large dog, maybe 30 pounds.  "My dog hates cats" the boy "warned" "You better look out".  

"I think she's going to kick his ass" I replied, and she did, the dog ran off and he had to chase it.  Baby Girl was very smug.  

I finished bringing in my stuff.  I can only find lentils at Walmart I can't find them anywhere online for less than $50 for a 20 pound bag.  And is just stupid as I can get them for $1 a pound at Walmart, or less.  Split peas are 72 cents a pound not the most glamorous meal but filling and good quality protein, especially with a little rice like I serve it to Ron.  So I bought a few bags we will eat them.  

I am not the sort that has to have meat at every meal.  I have been told once a week is good enough for b-12 requirements so worst case I will do that.  

They had turkey sausage so I got some of that it was $1.66 a pound, frozen.  I will cook that and make tacos with shredded cheese and chili beans from a can.  I already have tortillas.  

I also got some air freshener cones seems like a good idea.  Ron is really picky about fragrance but can do the cones if they are not in his room.  I got some other household stuff, the cat supplies, and those food storage containers with the screw on lid.  I love those things.  

I need to put away some shelf stable things but all the perishables are done.  I am going to take a nap in a minute and looking forward to it, I have been up 8 hours already.  

No comments: