Sunday, May 3, 2020

I hope I have learned my lesson about Queso chips

They always trigger a migraine, but hopefully this one has locked it into my head. 

I did not sleep well.  I got up and got on the computer, took care of my own needs for a while, woke Ron up, took care of him. 

Fun side note was putting the athlete's foot cream on the bad spot and then helping him with socks and shoes.  Then washing my hands! 

I got him dressed in pants and a tshirt, into wheelchair.  Ride came, straight ride to work. 

Ron developed pretty bad back pain at work so I put him in the hall while I worked.  Things were very slow so I stocked what I could and then got him, we came home. 

He wants me to set up his debit card on my Uber account so he can pay directly for rides.  I am happy to do that but would never do it without him asking first. 

My head was pretty bad, I laid down without much luck.  Still pretty bad and that is after a hemp smoke which did help a little.  I don't feel queasy but just a horrible drilling pain in my right temple.  The house is pretty dim which is also nice for me. 

Ron and I negotiated turning on the AC finally so we did that, it is at a good level now, mild but not cool.  I never thought of that getting married, how you have to negotiate things like the thermostat and all.  We are pretty compatible overall on that. 

I have NO appetite but will need to eat so I can take my meds. 

Super frustrated with Ron right now.  He is a sucker for every infomercial in the world.  Thank God he does not know any credit/debit card numbers. 

1.  Miracle prostate pill
2.  Bald remedy
3.  Fish oil
4.  Day trading

Just in the last 30 hours. 

Just in one day I got so frustrated with him I asked him to call my aunt and ask her why she doesn't use the "sure bet methods" on her retirement fund.  That shut him up. 

The market is unpredictable.  Now, if all our bills were paid, I had 10K in savings, and someone gifted me some money to spend on the market I would buy some stock like GE and Apple while they are low and hold on to them.  I was always taught in business "buy and hold" is a much better option.  But I wouldn't waste my savings, if I had any. 

Again with the day trading.  I asked him how he was going to pay for the stocks, and reminded him we don't have any money.  I also reminded him these guys are in it to rip you off.  I flatly told him no under no circumstances would I day trade.  People have been losing EVERYTHING day trading, have for decades.  It is just a variant of gambling addiction and there are no SURE BETS in anything. 

I married a guy who swore he hated alcohol and despised drunks.  What did I get?  I married a healthy, active man.  What did I get?  Not a sure bet on either count. 

Now the thermostat is acting up and Ron had a tantrum whining he was cold.  I pushed it up to ninety and he was still complaining, I turned the whole system to OFF.  He acted like he did me a big favor "letting" me run the AC earlier even though his shirt was soaked with sweat when I took it off him (before I gave him dinner).  So we will need to get a new thermostat.  The last one didn't last very long.  We just had it done a few years ago.  It is fine for the heater but not for the AC. 

Ugh just a really frustrating day.  Even at work all the customers were complaining about one thing or another and I kept thinking 2 of them are on life support with COVID and what am I breathing, touching when I make change for people? 

I can see why the elderly are always being scammed if Ron is any indicator.  He will bite just about anything that comes along which makes it really frustrating for me. 

I wish I could be more positive today.  I did fix myself some oatmeal I will eat that in a while to take my pills. 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes because normal people like to have their house set at 90 degrees and consider that to be a perfectly comfortable temperature. It is always Rons way or no way. What Ron wants Ron gets. And more than likely you will be blogging about starting him up a day trading account in the very near future and telling us all that it was your idea.

Anonymous said...

Athletes foot is highly contagious if not treated properly. Caused by lack of regular bathing since his feet never touch the ground.

From the mayo clinic:

Athlete's foot is caused by the same type of fungus that causes ringworm and jock itch. Damp socks and shoes and warm, humid conditions favor the organisms' growth.

So turn that heat up to 100 and watch the fungus spread. Yee Haww.

Anonymous said...

Plus he can give ringworm to the cats and vice versa since the cats are allowed free roaming of the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

"I kept thinking 2 of them are on life support with COVID and what am I breathing, touching when I make change for people?"

Right now you should have a NO CHANGE policy. For your own health and safety. They can walk their asses over to the bank and get change if they need it.

Heather Knits said...

Unfortunately the credit union was evicted by USPS. If they want change they really do have to come to us now.

I had athletes foot from wearing my work boots after the pipe break, the boots were water proof and I got it pretty bad. I found baking soda in the shoes to work the best, very safe for Cleo who liked to play with my shoes. He only wears shoes/socks at work so we should lick it pretty quick.

Not doing day trading that was one thing all my business classes (high school and college) taught me BUY AND HOLD. If you're buying stocks which we wouldn't. Pay off the credit card, get some real savings, etc. I have a very small annuity from my time working at a non profit. I would go with something like that for the long term.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the first comment, y’all will be day trading in the very near future.

Heather Knits said...

With what? Even if I wanted to, you have to have some money for that, and the "sure bet" program Ron wanted costs money as well.

I think I made my point to Ron, I told him "We could literally lose everything while I am in the bathroom".

Anonymous said...

"Even if I wanted to..." And there starts the slippery slop to day trading. First you think about it. A lot. Then you start thinking about it some more. Then you start finding ways to get a little money to just try it and then you are hooked.

Plus the fact that you had to keep making "points" to Ron about why day trading wasn't a good idea and he keeps wanting to do it means you will be buying the program Ron wants in the near future.

Remember Ron gets everything he wants in your relationship. If he wants to day trade then by golly gum you are going to get that program and start him on day trading.

Anonymous said...

guess you wouldn't want to hear about my husband's uncle who let his beagle lick the fungus off his feet then. The fungus was cured and the dog lived.

Anonymous said...

Is that how this reader knows everything, from experience?

Heather Knits said...

I am not thinking about day trading at all. Not even a fleeting thought except to scoff at the idea when I read the comments.

Anonymous said...

Lol you are the one who mentioned it and how you had to talk ron out of day trading. Plus you know you are thinking about it. Ron will get to day trade

Anonymous said...

You also used to be against drinking. Now you drink and buy alcohol for yourself and Ron.

Heather Knits said...

I get 50 ml this week and then 2 weeks before the next one. I am debating having the whole 50 ml at one time or having a sip every night for a few nights. Well, not at night I don't sleep well if I have any alcohol, but after work or whatever.

Not day trading, ever, and certainly not with drywall holes and filthy carpet.

Anonymous said...

Ok now you want to drimk the whole 50ml at one time. And yes you will day trade once the carpet is replaced and drywall fixed. You are in a downward spiral and the fall is not going to be pretty. You are sacrificing your mental health to care for a drunk narcissist and this is the outcome. All these poor choices you are making. I guess the drinking gives you something in common with Ron.

Heather Knits said...

You are aware I'm talking about three and a half tablespoons? Once every 2 weeks?

I agree I have made sacrifices for Ron. I don't do it for him I have to live with my choices. I don't want to lie in bed regretting the choices I made. I have enough I have to live with already.

Anonymous said...

That begs the question- why bother if it’s “just” 3 tablespoons? What does it even do for you if it is such a small amount? Sooner or later that won’t be enough and you’ll up it. “I did fine on the 3 tablespoons, so I’m sure 3 more won’t hurt. Ron is busy day trading so I’ll get my extra three tablespoons”. I think us readers see the bigger problem here that you aren’t seeing.

Heather Knits said...

I think you are underestimating the headaches. They kept me from drinking much in the past even when I wanted it.

Anonymous said...

Exactly 10:08 PM. Just like she is now saying should I down the whole portion at once or do it over the span of X number of days. I really still think she is playing ALL of us with these posts. No one can be in this much denial about everything? Or can they?

Anonymous said...

"I think you are underestimating the headaches. They kept me from drinking much in the past even when I wanted it."

So you admit drinking has been a problem for you. And yet....

Heather Knits said...

Not really a problem for me so much any more than 1-2 drinks at a time = horrible headaches the next day. Getting drunk isn't worth that.

Headaches drive a lot in my life. I don't even touch chocolate now.