Friday, May 29, 2020

Today is fence day

Ron didn't want to go in today and that turned out to be a good thing for me. 
 
Vicious migraine.  My cycle is winding down and has been late this month, based on this headache I'd say I'm about to get a visit.  This happens some times.  Not fun and I am not going to miss this. 
 
But, based on my mother's history I would say I could have up to 10 more years.  Oh, I hope not.  But estrogen provides a heart and bone protective benefit.  So I will focus on that.  UGH miserable. 
 
It's kind of like Ron's "cold front" back attacks, once the weather rolls in he is OK, once my cycle starts (if it does, today) I will be OK.  It's just awful though. 
 
It's another thing makes me glad I didn't have a daughter I would hate for her to have this. 
 
But one day this will be all done. 
 
It is a nice mild day so they can do the work without misery.  I am glad for them for that.  I will take them some cold drinks in a little bit. 
 
Ron is OK his back is alright today.  I gave him some split peas for breakfast which he ate himself, but he got it in his hair so I had to clean it out.  Beard, yes, I am used to that but hair was a new one (laughing).  He sure enjoyed it. 
 
We were talking today about making an inventory run.  One, Jack hurt his foot and can't help for a little while.  Two, we don't have the money.  We were supposed to take the money out today. 
 
And I am supposed to get paid somehow, not sure how that will work...  I can live pretty cheap if we have to wait on that. 
 
I am going to buy these today:  (link won't work with old IE)  It was a 2 piece saucepan set in red, non stick.  Very nice BUT $40 and that is more than I want to spend right now.  I would do well to get one good pot so I will look for that.  Maybe I can find one in the $20-25 range.  That I could do. 
 
Best one is $35.  It can wait. 
 
It is just a little tedious making the split pea in my smaller pot I can only make a couple quarts at a time. 
 
I had a hemp smoke and my head is feeling better.  That really works well.  I may have trouble sleeping tonight but at least I am not in agony right now. 
 
Now here's a question, I am watching one of those "medication for women on their last leg of breast cancer" commercials and they show all these happy, TWO breasted women out living their lives.  They should have used real cancer patients/survivors for the ads.  I would find that offensive if I were sick. 
 
I think the bipolar medication people do a pretty good job with the ads, I like the one with the roller coaster.  I'm not taking the stuff, I am a big fan of my cocktail, but they're apt and help educate. 
 
I'm going to go put my bra on so I can take drinks to the guys later. 
 
 
 

No comments: