Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sunday Afternoon

Well readership hasn't dropped.  

I wondered about that, but someone made the point nearly everyone who reads didn't comment anyway.  Not to me at any rate.  

I had my protein shake this morning, it is a rather grim experience of pea and rice protein which tastes about how you'd expect.  BUT I can gack down something if I feel it is beneficial and it keeps me full for ages, has a lot of protein.  

I worry about Ron and I getting enough protein.  I especially worry about Ron.  But he had split peas with rice and 2 hard boiled eggs so doing pretty well today.  

I just had the shake.  I read the canister and it did say to use less water than I had, so I did that and let it sit a minute after I stirred and much better, it was almost palatable.  I will keep doing that up but I guess I am a shake whore when I run out I will get whatever vanilla vegan protein shake is on the shelf at Walmart.  I do the vegan because sometimes I have trouble with dairy.  It does the job, fills me up, gives me energy, protein, reasonably priced all of them and happily not something flying off the shelves either.  

I feed the cats when I get up Iams Urinary for all of them they are fine and Biscuit looks better on this than he did on the other food.  Still urinating too.  

We are working tomorrow but it shouldn't be brutal.  

Cleo is passed out on my cell phone I hope it doesn't ring.  

I tried to take a nap it didn't work.  I had to do laundry today but I got a huge thing of Unscented Tide Pods and it will take a while to work through them.  I should probably run a cleaning cycle I have used it a lot lately.  

I took a single Kratom capsule for the depression and it helped but kept me from sleeping.  I was OK with that.  

I have plenty of Kratom for me especially at the rate I use it (maybe 10 capsules a month, if that), lots more for Ron.  He is doing OK now that he had some and a couple Advil.  That was a surprise to me but it works pretty well for him.  

I remember how he used to eat a huge handful of Tylenol every day (not at once) it was really worrisome.  But he takes a reasonable amount of Advil and I give it to him.  

He couldn't remember "Ibuprofen" to save his life so I had him start calling it Advil that way if we are ever separated he can just ask a medical person for that and they will know what he is saying.  

A good example: after Ron's accident he had a catheter.  When he started coming around again, mentally, he was upset about it, I was really goofy I had been up forever really sleep deprived and manic.  I told him the tube took his urine away to a black hole where it went away forever.  

So he started referring to urinals as "black holes" which has caused problems with medical people because they don't know what the HELL he is discussing.  One time I left him in the hospital, came back and the nurse grabbed me and said "He keeps asking for a black hole" I said "Oh, the urinal" and she ran and got it.  

So when he went to the hospital for the seizure, I was not allowed of course.  When he called me to tell me he had to pee (I don't know what he thought I could do) I said "Ask for the urinal they don't know black hole" he did and was very relieved.  

I have also taught him, I hope, to ask for things in different ways... "I need something for pain"  "I need to sit up and pee" "I want something to eat you know the two pieces of bread with something in between" then they can get it for him.  

I started the washer on the clean cycle.  I will not be discussing many caregiver issues for a while due to SNITCHES.  But I have used the washer a lot and it can use a cycle.  

The repairman - funny story on that.  I bought the washer and used it a few times before Ron had his back surgery.  I went to use the clean cycle and it freaked out and shut down.  

We had just bought it I was really stressed, the warranty department sent out a very nice Indian (subcontinent) man.  He looked at it and said the installer had not connected the hot water line, fixed it, and ran a cleaning cycle.  He said I don't always have to use the tablets (I do once a month as directed in the manual) but I could, if I wanted, run a half cup of vinegar though on the clean cycle.  So I am doing that now I will do the tablet on the first, do it every month.  The manual said to clean it every 6 times so I try to do that with the vinegar.  

But I don't use it very often more like once a week.  This month has been unusual.  

I will also be getting more used sheets which will be awesome.  If I don't have a lot I have to get to it right away but if I have a cushion I can wait.  

Sometimes it has to happen then but sometimes not.  

One thing that came to light today: Ron hates Simple Green.  Great.  So I have to get rid of it thank God I still have the Method Grapefruit.  I will use the "green" to clean the trash can.  I prefer to have a clean trash can if at all possible.  

I am starting to get hungry so I will check on that pizza.  

No comments: