Wednesday, May 6, 2020

So another crippling headache

But I think I figured it out.  I believe my time sitting in the sun is provoking the headaches, my aunt swears bright sun will cause a crippling migraine.  For me, it's not starting right away but it does come. 

I think I will skip the sun bath for a few days and see how that goes.  

The excedrin is doing an acceptable job but I still have a pain at the base of my skull.  

So, plans for the next couple days:  
  • Do our supply run and go to work.  
  • Take the money and go to the bank (not the same day as the supply run).  
  • Ron wants to eat out at a steak house, I am up for that as long as I can beat the headache. 
  • Clean Ron's room.  
  • Sweep and mop floors
  • Litter box.  
  • Make Ron some split peas with ham and rice.  
  • Make myself some lentils and ham, I am not a fan of split peas.  
I can check the mail in about an hour and a half.  Maybe I will get something fun.  I managed to talk Ron into eating a chicken strip vs a couple of bags of chips.  He ate one bag after he had eaten the chicken and I was happy.  I don't think, nice as it might be, I can get Ron to eat 100% healthy foods ALL the time, but I will be happy with a percentage.  We are both pleased with that.  

I did have my soup this morning and it was good.  I think I will just do a protein shake for dinner as I have zero appetite and it will be easier for me to take my pills.  

That was one question asked yesterday, have I ever gone off my pills?  I explained I hadn't been able to take them when I had that week long migraine after eating chocolate a couple years ago, but "I took them as soon as I could".  She seemed satisfied.  I wonder what proportion non compliant bipolars she has had in her career, she seemed familiar with the illness.  I was honest about everything because, if you tell the truth, you don't have to remember your story.   

Ron just asked me for the credit card number he wanted to buy me something.  I told him I was good but he could buy me a big steak tomorrow.  That will be tasty.  

We plan to take a Uber each way so no hassles with transportation.   

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the worse things for migraines is bright sunlight. Also being outside during the spring when you have allergies is not a good idea. So you may be having a combination of migraine and allergy headaches.

Anonymous said...

Are restaurants fully open in Texas?

Anonymous said...

so, restaurants are open in Houston?
Must be nice. it's hell in Michigan.

Heather Knits said...

They were open for takeout only the whole time; now apparently "everything" restaurant, beaches, etc. are open I need to verify that before we go today.

Anonymous said...

I’m in Michigan too. I’m glad the restaurants are closed still. If we suddenly open everything like other states are we will be in for a world of hurt. I’m a republican but Whitmer is doing it right IMO. I also work in healthcare so I know first hand it is not a hoax.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't go to a restaurant even if it was open right now. We'll have to wait a few weeks to see how many people have the virus after the rush to open everything.