Monday, May 4, 2020

Tired

Ron made some nasty threats recently (not tonight) to get me in trouble with the social worker... how I don't know.  I do way more for him - correction, say he does get me in trouble (how I don't know?).  He loses the house, the business, his caregiver, no more alcohol deliveries no other caregiver would permit it... no one to take care of his cat so she goes to the shelter... good luck keeping his money in his pocket.  I have not said any of this to him but you really think he would be a little more INVESTED in me. 

Tonight is a good example.  I checked the mail, he had 3 books.  I brought them in and gave them to him.  He said he had a problem he had jammed something, when drunk, into his talking book machine and it wasn't working. 

So what did I do?  I took it, he kept talking, I told him to be quiet so I could focus.  He got a real attitude about that but I said either be quiet or we send it back to Austin (and I doubt the repair shop is open I got an email they are at a skeleton crew).  So he was quiet, I managed to get the thing free and gave it back. 

He said, and I quote "I'll stop cursing you now".  What?!  I'm the one who FIXED it.  

"You jammed it in there" he responded "You said". 

"No," I replied, "I said YOU jammed it.  Why are you mad at me? I fixed it!"  No answer. 

So a couple minutes go by.  Then he starts blubbering.  I run back I think maybe he fell.  No, he is listening to a song and now he wants me to hear it, some 60's bullshit song about unhappy teenagers.  I told him to turn it off and he had a tantrum. 

I told him if he's crying all the time over music, news reports, etc. how am I going to know if he falls and hurts himself?  He didn't have an answer for that of course. 

He recently started crying about Charlie Pride, the country music singer...

The other day I thought he was weepy because it was his mother's birthday.  Ugh, now he's listening to "Landslide".  I HATE that song... weeping over wasted youth.  If you are so sorry you're old and wasted your life than you should have spent it better. 

I am listening to Tik Tok. 

It is exhausting.  And it's not something where "Oh, someone comes in a couple hours every Tuesday and fixes it".  No, he is being petty, spiteful, vengeful, irrational, overly emotional, etc.  On an ongoing basis. 

He puts on a good front out in public but he can be a tyrant. 

I should have left the USB drive jammed in the machine and told him we had to send it back. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget in a few days to tell us all how great Ron is. How caring and what his love language is. Maybe if he does screw you with the social worker you will stop being a victim and start putting your foot down on the things he does. If someone destroys or breaks something because they were drunk said thing should not be replaced and not be fixed. It's the only way to teach him.

Anonymous said...

Wow you would put his cat in a shelter? That's pretty spiteful. That cat would be a brand new cat once the drunken fool dies.

Heather Knits said...

I would never get rid of Baby Girl, but if he got me in trouble with the law I might not be able to take her.

Anonymous said...

Does the social worker have something to lock you up for? Is there something bad she’s going to find? If no, then why worry yourself with this crazy scenario.

Heather Knits said...

No but Ron thinks is is really "funny" to act fearful and say he is not safe at home, which gets me sharp looks. If a blog reader didn't call this in probably a driver who heard this, or he may have done it at the ER. That's the kind of shit, that, in a report, could get me in big trouble.

Of course if he did get me arrested he would be screaming to get me out in 12 hours but once wheels are in motion they can be hard to stop. Ron has done this before when we saw a doctor several years ago, the doctor thought I was burning Ron because he had friction blisters from over using the back massage wand on his legs. Ron went along with it and said, yes, I was burning him and he didn't feel safe at home. Doctor threw me out in the hall and I came THIS CLOSE to getting arrested that day. Unfortunately Ron has taken the lesson that he can "punish" me by telling reporting parties I am abusing him. He also did this once on an ER visit even longer back and told the nurse he didn't feel safe at home, then laughed. She's like what is it, are you safe or not? if you say you are not safe I have to make a report. He said he was "fine" but has used this in the past as a weapon on me. He knows I do worry he will shoot his mouth off and get me in trouble, even though I have done NOTHING WRONG.

Forget all the times he has legitimately abused me, bit me, hit me, punched me in the face, choked me, slapped me, kept me up all night yelling, throwing me onto my bed so hard it broke, etc. I have never filed on him (although I should have after the 2007 incident). So if he goes that route I will too and he will NOT like the way that ends. I have never touched him in anger and he cannot say the same. He may have "forgotten" but I didn't.

Heather Knits said...

Here is a good examnple: https://houstonheather.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-left-him.html

Anonymous said...

I just read the post. It’s still not too late to leave.

Anonymous said...

Round and round we go. Ron is wonderful we have so much in common. Ron is abusive and mean to me. You are exhausting!

Anonymous said...

You need to invest in YOU. Ron is too focused on himself to invest in you. I don't understand why you would put Ron's card on your Uber account. It is your account and yours alone. You need to have some things that he cannot take away even with threats. -star_tigress

Heather Knits said...

I have his debit, my debit on the Uber account. I can still use my card which is totally separate from him.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm aware you have two options for payment on the Uber app, I do use it for work when I can. The point being is that he will think he has something to threaten you with because you gave him the power to do so. That's just one more way he can play with you. When he does not have that avenue at all, he will not be able to try to threaten you. Stop giving him the power. He has proven over and over again that he will try to use anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, to manipulate you and others. It's one added mental stress for you that you need to remove right away. Stay safe! -star_tigress

Heather Knits said...

Oh, I will only use his card if he OK"s it. Like today, I was getting his medication so he said to put the Ubers on his card today. And I did. It was fair. I also used his cash to pay for the medication.

I plan to use the secured credit card for my Ubers to build credit, that is a steady ongoing but not huge expense. And then if Ron wants to go somewhere I can switch it to him, then go back to me for my rides. I try to be diligent.