Sunday, May 24, 2020

Sunday morning

I had a good phone call with my parents.  I suspect they thought they would never see the money again when they loaned it, and are very happy I am repaying them. 
 
It's the least I could do and when I said $250 a month I figured that coming out of my pay.  Ron can do what he wants but I am going to pay them.  Most months he gives me some of it. 
 
Ron wanted an old college stand by last night: chili and rice.  He had asked for it a few times.  So I made a pot of rice and opened a can of chili.  He was quite happy and had enough for 2 meals.  He made a horrible mess but had a good time.  He really enjoyed it, I have plenty of both rice, and chili, so easy to make. 
 
It literally takes 20 seconds to set up the rice pot and walk away for half an hour.  Then use the little spatula to put some in a cup - Ron likes to eat out of foam cups and if I do that he can feed himself - with the chili.  I don't even heat up the chili. 
 
Super easy.  He is almost out of split peas so I will make him more of them too.  Not today though it's a little late to get the gas stove going and boiling water in here...it can wait until tonight or tomorrow. 
 
The nice thing both meals are very nutritious.  I don't rinse the rice so it has the vitamins in it.  The split peas have loads of vitamins, minerals, and protein.  He could do a lot worse.. and he is so appreciative and grateful it makes it fun to cook for him. 
 
About the only thing I need to do is put my hair up when I start cooking, because no one likes hair in the food (hasn't happened yet and won't). 
 
I fed the cats before I went to bed, didn't sleep too well at first but did once I made a change.  I am very glad I did that, I slept great and woke up feeling refreshed for a change.  I was pretty depressed though.  I took a kratom (first one this month) and that helped a lot.   
 
I took care of Ron, food, bath, change of clothes, he is good now.  I gave him our new protocol for pain and that seemed to help.  Oh, and #6 was super quiet last night with the graduation party.  They apparently, like with the quince, went somewhere else to party.  I heard them come home but that was  it. 
 
Ron and I were talking about the dog they had, a little terrier.  She adored Ron and he thought she was precious.  The cats used to play with her she was so lonely.  If I had less on my plate I might have adopted her.  But cats are always a lot easier they only go in the litter box, they don't need much, don't chew, etc.  Don't get me wrong, they want attention but if you can't give it that second they are OK. 
 
I might consider volunteering at the shelter if we had more time but we are both softhearted and very likely to bring work home with us.  I have a particular soft spot for Mama cats and their babies, it is so sweet to watch the mom cat with the babies, I would love to foster them until they were old enough to adopt.  If I had a country place I would probably always have a foster family. 
 
I was talking about being a caregiver and said one thing we are really lacking is support, in general it is very difficult to get help or appreciation for what we do.  Not to mention help with a new wheelchair, ramp, etc.  Not that we need any of that but I know people who do. 
 
One guy (I assume it was a man you never know online) said it was my fault because I married Ron the way he is now.  So that means society should revile me?  I couldn't get that and found it actually laughable.  Probably believes in euthanasia too - just exterminate all those pesky seniors and disabled.  Why waste money if you don't have to?  They have been used up throw them out like an old soda can. 
 
Great thinking until it is you in the wheelchair.  A good example: Ron used to be pretty critical of "wheelchair people" thought they were unreasonable and should just "stay home" instead of always asking for accommodations.  Until Ron's the one in a wheelchair.  Then he was very grateful for the wheelchair cabs, curb cuts, etc.  He changed his mind but he had to actually live it, and I think that's where a lot of people reside. 
 
I do expect prevailing hostility toward the elderly and disabled as we get closer to the rapture.  The end times are ugly; and the Bible says (2 Timothy Chapter 3) that people will be "without natural affection". 
 
I am going to go figure out cooking Ron said he wants more split peas. 

No comments: