Sunday, May 3, 2020

Lazy, unmotivated, headache

I didn't sleep well last night, headache as well.  I got up around 8 and took something.  Ron is sleeping fitfully. 

Cleo begged for a while before finally deigning to eat cat food, she wanted treats.  She is a little beggar now.  She lets me pet her all over and should be easy enough to get to the vet in September for vaccines.  BUT I don't think she will be any better (feral) than she was last time.  They will have to use the gloves or net. 

Texas litter control does good work, I have seen their strays up for adoption.  I was most impressed they had a 3 legged black cat, most places would have put him down - it took a month or two but he found a home (he was a glorious floof).  https://www.texaslittercontrol.org/cat-wellness.html  Their basic adult vaccine package is about $50 cheaper than my vet.  That will really add up in July (x 3 cats).  And here's Biscuit, on the couch to say hello.  I am glad I did the couch next to the computer so the cats can say hi. 

When I take Spotty I am going to ask for him to be wormed.  I think it is just a good idea. 

He's a lover.  About the only problem with Spotty he has bad gums, but I was reading some places sell an additive to the water which helps the teeth?  I will have to find out it that is an option, and would it hurt Biscuit? 

I don't care if Spotty is toothless but bad teeth HURT and I don't want him suffering.  My whole cat experience is about not letting them suffer.  So I will find out.  TLC understands a pet owner on a budget so that will be a realistic experience. 

My vet sent something out they are closed until June.  That is fine but I will have to take my cats somewhere else.  There are 2 vets, one on Veterans and one in the Champions area.  Doc said take them to Champions apparently bad blood with Veterans. 

I took Torbie to Veterans.  They got her name wrong but she healed up great so they get 5 stars in my book.  I don't care how they treat me as long as she is getting what she needs. 

Of course I couldn't see them handle her so ASSUMING they were gentle but that's the problem with quarantine.  I will be doing the vaccines at TLC for now unless there is a problem. 

It is right in Arturo's stomping grounds, as my Dad would say, so he won't mind taking us, he has proven amenable to cat transport. 

And I can get some topical, they need another dose on the 9th.  I will need to set up the appointment tomorrow.  Advantage does a pretty good job but I don't feel like it is doing 100%.  I may try something else. 

Bravecto worked on everyone but Torbie and I don't recall any flea issues after using it.  So I may get Torbie Advantage (that works for her old bones) and Bravecto for the rest.  It has been a very mild spring so I imagine a lot of fleas out there. 

Like I said, my life is about not letting the cat suffer so I will be happy to pay whatever. 

We work today (I need to take a shower) and then have tomorrow off, work Tuesday.  I will call the social worker's voicemail and leave a message letting her know to call me any day but Tuesday. 

One person at work died, likely COVID.  Two others are on vents.  Eek.  That is out of a population of about a thousand.  Everyone takes their mask off in the cafeteria to eat.  You can bet I will make Ron wear his to work. 

3 comments:

Mama Cat Suffered said...

You should be leaving Ron at home during the pandemic. Sure he might wear a mask but he does not wash his hands, ever.

Heather Knits said...

He does, actually.

I also don't let him touch any of the doors at work. It is easy enough for me to pull them and then take him through backwards.

Heather Knits said...

Not often I say "That's an overly personal question" but you won. Yes he washes his hands. He also has wipes.

To the Mama cat thing yes she suffered quite a bit before she came to my door, but last I saw her she was much better off, spayed, vaccinated, fat even where before she had been all bones and teats. She didn't want to live with the repairs and that was her decision.