Saturday, May 16, 2020

Saturday morning

I went to bed early and didn't sleep very well, woke up at 4 AM.  I think it is the Dawn Effect.  Basically, the body releases hormones and blood sugar in the middle of the night.  For me, it means I don't need to eat until 11 AM.  It also means I wake up nearly every morning between 2-4 AM.  

I try to beat it by going to bed early but couldn't really do that last night.  So I lay in bed wondering about things that need repair, literal things.  Not issues but things like the garbage disposal and when are we going to need a new roof, etc.  Not much fun.  

I got up and had a Mountain Dew (diet), why not I figured I was already up and that, oddly, put me back to sleep.  I woke up about 7 in a better mood.  God has taken care of me for 45 years he is not going to drop me now.  

I fed the cats, gave Ron some pain medicine, he likes the roll-on on his foot.  He yelps when I apply it but is comfortable now.  That's good I don't like to see anyone suffer.  

One day when he was having a bad day I told him "If I ever wanted to punish you I'm satisfied" it is just AWFUL to watch.  

Anyway, he is doing better we have figured out a regimen of pain pill, kratom, advil, and roll on that seems to be working for now.  No headache for me today it rained off an on last night so that probably helped.  

Huh, one of the cats ripped a hole in this t-shirt.  This is one reason I could not have a nice office job with good clothes, the cats are very hard on clothes.  Torbie in particular likes to get on me, dig her claws in my clothes, and give me a vigorous mrr-sage.  She is so cute I don't mind but she is pretty intent and she has what my vet calls "Old Lady Claws" which are particularly tough and sharp.  

Cleo followed me into the bathroom, (we leave the door open) another first.  I am really thrilled with her progress and gave her some treats.  And I caught Torbie grooming Spotty on his head, it was adorable and I'm very proud of her.  I caught Biscuit grooming someone recently so the old guard has pretty accepted the "kittens" except Baby Girl, she doesn't like them.  Doesn't hate them but not a fan and Cleo would NOT get on Ron's bed not even for treats.  Must have been a "lesson" or two in there when we were gone.  

I plan to clean Ron's room later on but for now I am just hanging out.  The rain is almost done they were swearing big storms all day and they are almost over now.   That will make it easier to take out the trash.  

No comments: