Saturday, May 30, 2020

Saturday

We are in an odd weather pattern where we need the heat at night (for Ron) and need the air during the day.  Anyway, I didn't sleep well last night and woke up to Ron turning on the heater at 3 AM. 
 
Houston is a really good city for him as it seldom gets really cold.  He would be miserable up north. 
 
I got up at 5 and got ready, so glad I had taken my shower the night before.  I got Ron ready and off to work.  He was having a moderately bad day for pain so I put him in the corner, basically, while I did the work. 
 
We finished up.  We had planned to go to the bank but Ron said please let me go home my back is killing me.  He was nice about it so it was easy to agree, we did that. 
 
Uber is making a lot of money off of me, did I mention I have platinum status now?  The driver was very helpful with the wheelchair. 
 
Ron went straight to bed.  I stayed up because the guys are working, they may need something, and #2 may come by.  Which means I have to wear my bra.  Booo! 
 
Arturo brought Ron some cucumber vodka Ron loves that stuff and I guess that is nice in summer weather.  I am more of a spiced rum girl. 
 
By the way, I had literally one alcohol drink (a 50 ml bottle) in a month.  So I am not worried about becoming a lush.  I don't think "I need a drink".  When stressed I tend to go "I want a diet soda". 
 
I am a caffeine addict.  I admit that and I even have caffeine pills if I run out of drinks.  I try to keep it less than 500 mg a day and do pretty well most days. 
 
We have enough money to buy a modest amount of inventory and pay me.  That's good. 
 
I plan to use this computer to file my monthly report and then start looking for a good reconditioned computer as this one is about done.  Of all the things I do online about all I can do now are blog and do the report.  I have to do the report that is not optional; so I will, I can do it on this system. 
 
This all leads back to the Chrome browser update about a week ago.  It didn't like my Windows 7 (stop laughing!) and crashed the computer.  If I forget and try to load Chrome (and I vastly prefer Blogger with Chrome) it crashes and I have to reboot.  I can't uninstall it.  So I am using IE but it's a really old version and is not doing well.  My message board crashes the system.  So does Facebook - I can use my cell for Facebook.  And that is not vital I don't think anyone would miss me for a couple weeks. 
 
So I need a new computer.  New to me, but we will figure something out.  All I do pretty much is light shopping, message board, blogger, facebook, reports.  Not much really. 
 
But this old horse is about done.  It has been a good system; we got it from our computer guy.  It has updates from 2015 so pretty old. 
 
I am hoping our guy can get us a reconditioned for cheap, or I found one on Amazon.  It has better specs than my system so I ought to be OK for a while. 
 
Enough about computers.  The cats are all good.  I haven't seen much of Torbie today but she likes to go loaf around in the backyard.  She never goes far.  She is also a flirt who probably ate half the workers' lunch. 
 
I don't know what I will do tomorrow.  I am not getting a delivery tomorrow as the weekend ones are rough.  Do I want to go to the store?  On the weekend?  Not really...I could use some groceries but not urgent.  The bank isn't open.  They don't have my brand cat food.  I will need to think about it. 
 
The one store has some good meats, etc.  Walmart is having supply chain problems; I get that, I have them too, but HEB is not.  And their spinoff chain Joe V's had quite a bit of variety the last time I went.  It will be crazy on a Sunday, though... so I have to consider that. 
 
I will think about it. 
 
Boy they are just banging away next door.  So I will have a new fence on each side.  That's nice but I will worry about them in storms.  Is this silly or what?  I am so glad our yard guy came out Thursday before the storm.  The yard looks so nice and manicured except for the sawdust.  And that will break down in the soil, probably take a week with our heat. 
 
I just feel like the hits keep coming.  Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful the tree did not land on the house.  But it was just more trauma I will never forget how I felt when I looked out the window and saw the tree.  It is amusing the catio is still standing Greg did a better job than I thought, building it.  You would never guess part of a tree landed on it. 
 
I am going to round up a meal so I can take my pills.  Cup of noodles it is.  Ron hasn't been very hungry I am going to have to get something in him. 
 
That's it for now. 
 
 

No comments: