Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Well, I didn't burn him this time.

Last night Ron woke up hungry.  I read him off the choices in the freezer.  He wanted the fried chicken (patty) with gravy, mashed potatoes, and corn. 

Only one problem, when I take that out of the microwave the gravy is LAVA hot and that is what burned his leg back in October.  So I cooked it, let it cool for minutes, and then only served it because he was demanding it. 

This time, he was fairly sober so I warned him it was hot, served it on a tray, etc.  And he was fine.  So I will do that every time, just let that rascal cool for a couple of minutes before serving. 

I have to be careful.  I have to remember, in some regards I have a big toddler. 

I slept pretty well last night, have today off, but woke up with a headache.  Ron was just getting himself into bed and that's what woke me up.  He is pretty challenged by getting into bed on his own, he can barely do it most times.  So he does make some noise crying out and grunting. 

He is screwed if I ever go out of order. 

I woke up with the headache.  I took some Excedrin and a cold drink, laid down for a little bit much to the intense displeasure of my cats.  I got up about 10 minutes later, fed them some Mixed Grill (not you, Biscuit!), after they ate I gave them some catnip, they enjoyed that. 

I did put some cat herbs on my list, I am hoping the honeysuckle will work for Baby Girl as she does not respond to catnip or silvervine (I have both right now in a good sized canister).  But the floor needs a good sweep so today I just put the herb on the floor, they rolled around and had a very good time.  Spotty, Torbie, and Biscuit.  The other cats supervised.  I like to give them a buzz. 

Speaking of buzz, the headache proved stubborn so I ended up eating a total of 2 hemp gummies which did the job.  There is a "head shop" near my house and I will check them out, see what they have because I am finding hemp products to be beneficial for my headaches. 

What I take has all the "buzz" out of it, just the other components.  And it does work, consistently.  Today, better than the headache pills. 

I put the gummies near my bed because I usually wake up with a headache. 

I won't talk about kratom use until I get the OK but there is some, on my part. 

I need to take a shower, run to my bank, run to Walmart.  I want to finish up early and I should be able to do that thanks to Uber. 

I guess you can't really understand waiting around half an hour on a ride, or longer, constantly, until you have been there.  But it is so uncommon for me to just get a ride in a few minutes, until Joe!  told me about it.  (((Hugs Joe)))

I am reminded of one time in the dead of summer.  I waited over an hour for a bus because one right after the other broke down with bad air conditioning.  I was most unhappy and smelled like a swamp thing (looked like one, too) by the time the bus came.  Or the time Yellow Cab kept me waiting two and a half hours at the Walmart on a Sunday... 

Ubers have been great in comparison and I was delighted to find I had enough to cover them in my account. 

But my stuff will not buy itself so I had better go get that shower. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m so glad you tried and liked the Uber!

Heather Knits said...

Ron worries about me, media reports [rolleyes] but all my trips have been fine.

It was even cheaper today than the last time, not going to argue with that but even better and just about half a regular cab. Which enabled me to leave a good tip and still have plenty of my money left. HUGE trunk for my ride home which I needed. LOL