Friday, December 6, 2019

Well, I did something nice for myself

I pulled up Uber eats and looked around.  You've got to love Houston, we had a Korean/Mexican fusion place not far away.  I even had a look at it but didn't want to chance something I might not like. 

To my understanding kimchee is fermented cabbage and I am not a fan of sauerkraut.  My favorite Indian food restaurant, etc.  I kept going back to the McDonald's double bacon cheeseburger.  So I got that - by itself, with a Snickerdoodle McFlurry.  I picked a 25% tip.  :)  I won't miss the dollar as much as he'll appreciate it. 

With Grub Hub it generally takes an hour.  A very nice man knocked on my door 20 minutes later, with the food.  It was well packaged in a large paper sack the cats will LOVE.  It was very good.  I would do that again, and less than a pizza. 

When I'm depressed (yes) I want something easy and quick which generally has been pizza if I have the money for it, then pizza for days after, sick of pizza and then I get depressed again.  I actually don't like pizza that much these days. 

The delivery man was super nice and very professional.  All the uber guys have been. 

I had asked Ron repeatedly if he wanted food.  He is saying no, now. 

He did, however, wake me up earlier to ask me to cook him food "when I got up".  So when I got up I offered and he said no, he was tired, he went to sleep, woke up again, "not hungry".  I order my food "do you want anything?" thinking I got him a happy meal once and he liked it.  "No,not hungry". 

So I said screw it.  When the food did come I did not offer him any.  I offered to buy him his own food and he said no.  Which is fine, it's his choice to eat, or not.  I don't feel guilty for not sharing. 

If I had given him a bite of the burger he would have taken it and then wanted half of it, but I wanted the whole burger.  I was very happy with what I got. 

I especially like they didn't go crazy with the sauce and I didn't have to deal with it dripping everywhere.  I hate that.  When I'm at home and eating something likely to be saucy I will go topless just to avoid the mess on my clothes.  Ron doesn't know or care, I keep the curtains closed. 

None of the cats bothered me. 

But I can't help but notice a pissy smell.  I have got to get Spotty fixed.  I will be buying a black light and some enzyme cleaner but I will do the big cleansing after he is done and less likely to do it again.  If I do it now he will just spray again. 

I would at least like to figure out the origin.  Is he spraying the sides of the litter boxes?  That's an easy fix.  Next to the boxes on the tile?  Please, God, not the carpet.  Walls?  I will find out.  I wish listed a flashlight with good reviews and a woman said it worked very well for her policing the cat urine at her place. 

I am diligent about cleaning the boxes every 24-36 hours worst case.  If you know a good enzyme cleaner hit me with it and I may get it. 

But it is looking like Spotty's fix in mid January so I have some time.  I can clean the house while he is recovering at the vet (he is being boarded for a few days after). 

I will have to be careful about ordering Amazon this month because my adoptive Mom is sending me packages from them this month, 3 of them starting Sunday.  Tomorrow I get my hemp oil gummies and the grooming mitt, I think I will put a cork in any more orders until after Christmas.  I don't want to open the wrong package. 

I hope she likes what I got her.  Based on things she has said she will.  I do need to get my Dad something.  I will probably wait on that until after I make my deposit. 

But I had a very nice dinner.  I am glad I gave it a try. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A snickerdoodle McFlurry??? That sounds SO GOOD

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, Here is a link to a product called "Jingos" that advertises on this channel all the time. This one, the show host talks about pet problems, and the actual Jingo's commercial starts at 2:30 and it's pretty amusing as well....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1nGPGfCTBc

Anonymous said...

In Michigan the humane society helps with the cost of fixing your pet.
Boarding them for a few days? For what???

Anonymous said...

Are you on drugs or are you just so used to piss mans behavior that you just move on from he threatened to hit me to talking about his ass crack? Why wont you at least talk to someone about your options and how you can keep your house?

Heather Knits said...

@ Humane, yes, I can get a very cheap neuter for him IF I get a ride 20 + miles one way.

I would rather take him one mile get fixed, shots, chip all at once. I will board him because it was my experience kittens just fixed will play roughly and pull stitches, like Biscuit and Gravy did, so I will board him a couple days (not expensive) so he has a chance to heal up first.

His urine smells bad but the house is OK with frequent scooping, the garage smells like tomcat because Ron accidentally locked him out there overnight. I will get out there with a blacklight and some enzyme cleaner while he is boarded and remove it all. No sense, IMO, to do it now while he is intact, he will just spray again.