Saturday, December 7, 2019

Saturday

I told Ron I would not get up to fix him food if he got hungry in the middle of the night, so he had better eat now (before I went to bed).  He said he wasn't hungry.  I got halfway down the hall.  He said he wanted a breakfast bowl.  I fixed one for him.  

I did not put extra cheese like I normally do, he got the factory issue.  I went to bed.  

I kept hitting the snooze button when I got up.  I did get up eventually, got us ready, off to the warehouse.  

I got our supplies, Jack got us.  Jack is rolling out a clothing line.  I ordered a custom hat from him.  That'll be fun to wear at work.   

I mainly helped Ron sort change, we desperately needed to do it.  We can't do it when the other vendor is there, they complain because Ron partly blocks the doorway. 

We can really only do this Saturday so we did everything.  We sorted hundreds of dollars in change, filled both changers, etc.  

We left to come home.  We were in a cab.  There was a lot of confusion about the new "EZ Wallet" system of electronic tickets, the dispatcher had to verify each client, it seemed.  We went to pick up an older lady at an apartment complex.  It looks OK on the outside but not exactly high quality tenants.  

Anyway, she's in an electric scooter.  Ron is already in his wheelchair, in the only wheelchair seating.  The driver had to call and cancel.  She didn't want to call and sort out her ride, she wanted HIM to get on the radio and do it, it took over 20 minutes.  It would have taken her a few minutes on the phone.  She did not have a hearing problem.  They would have just sent him on his way in a few minutes but she played poor pitiful me you can't leave me (in the middle of the day, and a nice day at that).  

In my opinion each client is responsible for their own ride, and asking/demanding the driver to "fix" it for you just delays everyone.  He was not too upset about it because he was about to go home and they would not give him an extra trip if he got delayed "helping" her.  

The exception being someone with dementia or very clear cognitive issues, but in that case they would be riding with a caregiver.  

It was very tedious and I was uncomfortable as it is a bad area.  I know because I lived in the vicinity for 3 years.  

We finally got to go home.  We came in the house.  

When I hit my eating window at work - 11, I ate a P3 link.  It was pretty good, and filling.  When I got home I had a protein shake and took my pills.  

 I took a nap.  Mama cat (!) joined me in bed for the first time, I welcomed her of course, lots of petting and purring, very nice.  I can see her with me every night after Torbie goes.  I ask very little of my cats, I like some petting and them to sleep with me.  In exchange they can give me as much contact as they want, Spotty will tolerate being picked up but no one else, getting in my lap is nice but not required.  NO ONE likes being kissed on the head.  And that is fine, cats are very independent and I don't force them into affection. 

Mama started out on my leg but worked her way over to my head.  When I woke up she was next to my pillow, purring.  Very nice.  I did wake with a headache.  

I got dressed and checked the porch, and found the grooming glove and hemp oil gummies.  I ate a gummy since I did have a moderate headache, and it helped.  That is nice to know, I get over use headaches if I take too many headache pills.  I tried out the grooming glove on Baby Girl, who happened to pass by, and a few of the other cats.  Baby Girl was fine with it.  

I told Ron I had gotten the glove and he wanted to try it on her.  It went very well.  He worried it would "hurt" her because she doesn't have thick fur but it has little nubs so it's more a massage action.  

He gave it back to me.  I will be using it on her every day regardless of what he does.  

It was a pretty uneventful evening.  I got him some pizza at Sam's club and he didn't ask for any other food.  

Ron asked for yet more help with the wireless headphones and I said I am done with them.  He drank some more vodka and threw up in the sink, then wanted to go back to bed.  

I am trying to figure out what I'm doing tomorrow; I would like to run by my bank (open) and make a deposit.  I could also stand to run to Walmart.  I think Uber would treat me better on that than the cab company.  I don't really need food but I could stand to get some soda.  

So I could do a Walmart delivery and just do the bank later.  I am still considering.  I would have to go to the bank during a very busy time.  I am not really interested in that.  

I'm pretty sure I am just going to do a delivery.  

No comments: