Saturday, December 14, 2019

Saturday morning

I slept OK, didn't have any cats in the bed.  Half a dozen cats and no one is sleeping with me.  No headache and feeling better physically.  I think I had a light flu. 

I got up around 7, fed the cats.  Spotty has a good appetite unlike at the vet.  I fed Biscuit his dry and everyone else a can of some horrible meat byproducts.  They love that stuff; that's why I put the Mixed Grill on the wish list because they love it so much I used it to trap Cleo. 

I played a round of "That's not your food" and chased Biscuit away from the canned and put the canned out a few times when the other cats seemed hungry. 

I was doing OK for a while, stripped the bed to wash the sheets (when I was sick the cat sicked up a dry hairball, whoever it was, I was able to spot clean until I got it in the wash today).  I put them on soak first and about halfway through I was just stricken with a horrible depression. 

I ran for my supplements and took my antidepressant.  I am back to intermittent fasting now so I couldn't eat yet, but it is OK taken "dry".  I am working on some Diet Mountain Dew this morning. 

Ron needed various things which I helped with, I tried to have a good attitude.  I brushed Baby Girl and then groomed her later.  Her fur is growing back but not matting which is really good.  Hopefully that will be the only time I ever need to have her shaved. 

And yes, I agree about Ron and her dynamic because he was upset she wouldn't get in his lap and very petulant about it.  That's not a good attitude to get with a cat and very narcissistic. 

I took some kratom when I took my antidepressant.  It helped.  I don't want to get into a "habit" like I see with some users but as a boost on a very bad depression day?  Absolutely. 

Ron's pain level has been pretty good lately so no worries on that count. 

I just heard a line in a Taylor Swift song.  "Love's a game, wanna play?" 

I immediately responded "Love is a long brutal war".  That is very sad that's my immediate response. 

I cleaned all the boxes, took that out, topped it off, washed my hands.  Washed them well because Ron was hungry and wanted a second breakfast.  He never eats so I always stuff him when he is hungry. 

The cats are all happy.  Most of them are looking out the back window at the catio.  :(  I have got to get that repaired for them.  I really miss being able to provide that but I am glad I spent the money on Spotty instead, especially with his teeth so bad.  He had bad breath at times but I didn't put it together with bad teeth because he is so young.  Not even a year.  Now I know what to look out for. 

But what is another special needs cat in my house?  Really?  Mama cat is the only "normal" one in the bunch. 

I will not be "brushing" his teeth, I think that would be painful and a miserable experience for us both. 

I am glad I am doing the grooming with Baby Girl because it's a good bonding thing, she knows I love her too.  Baby Girl is really the only one that needs special daily care, aside from Cleo, working with her socially.  But Cleo rubs up against me frequently, meows, purrs, sleeps in my bed, so in all aspects a pretty normal little cat now. 

Ron has profound respect for that.  He mentions it frequently.  I give the hamburgers most of the credit, and honestly, I was abused so I kind of know what they want, consistency, gentleness, etc.  Mama cat trusts me with Cleo and I take that very seriously. 

I am glad I had Cleo fixed before I brought her in, it would have been hard to catch her for that the first couple months, she and Spotty would have gotten up to some freaky incest action, and more cats...

Glad I did it that way.  Now everyone is fixed, chipped, shots.  I TAKE CARE of my animals.  I may be eating ramen this week but Spotty is done and getting better every day. 

I found some business money in my pocket when I washed my jeans, I keep work money in my pants pockets and my personal money in my fanny pack.  So if I find a dollar in my pants (that sounds wrong) I know it is Ron's.  Usually he tells me to keep it, he did this time.  So do I put the money in my bank so I can order something or do I keep it around?  I don't have any money for Ubers right now so I will probably put it in my account.  It is an easy bus ride which is going to be one factor if I have to move - an easy bus ride.  If it is on a bus line and takes the cats I will not be real picky, probably one of those apartments that puts "AC" under their list of amenities.  Oh, and a washer dryer hookup in the unit. 

Ron got delusional yesterday and when he sorted himself, he was very embarrassed and upset.  I asked him repeatedly to make a doctor's appointment and he kept saying no.  I am going to keep the number around, I told him there is a doctor not far, in the paratransit area, takes Medicare.  That is about as good as it gets for us, especially it being pretty close. 

But he is fighting it and in massive denial.  But that is one reason I blog so someone can look back and see I tried to take him to the doctor, he wouldn't go. 

But, as I illustrated in my other post, he is doing a fifth a day of alcohol so that's got to be a factor. 

I am waiting for the washer to finish and then I will put my sheets in the dryer, and take a shower while they are going.  Then probably get dressed and go do my little deposit. 

I already did the laundry and the litter box, fed Ron so all the big things are done today.  It is a very nice day so I will enjoy it.  I will try to make a nice little day out if at all possible. 

I do wish I could take the cats out somehow, though. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No point in taking him to the neurologist he has wet brain syndrome (also known as Korsakoff psychosis) from the alcohol abuse

Confusion
Loss of mental activity that can lead to a coma or death
Loss of muscle coordination (ataxia) that may lead to a slow or unsteady gait
Memory issues

The drinking causes a vitamin deficiency and a regular doctor can give him a blood test to diagnosis it.

Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome leads to permanent damage to the brain, which affects a person’s memory and thinking skills. Those who have the condition can develop permanent alcohol neuropathy, which affects the nervous system. People with Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome tend to have decreased lifespans.

Whilst many of the symptoms of wet brain disease may be alleviated with medication, the key symptoms of memory loss and loss of intellect are irreversible. This is the case when Korsakoff psychosis has arisen. Taking Vitamin B1 supplements will not reverse memory loss and loss of intellect.

Heather Knits said...

I find that extremely likely.

Ron has to hear it from a doctor, though. If I do get him to a neurologist I will have to be very clear on the drinking.

I will do some more reading.