Sunday, December 15, 2019

Sunday, about as bad as I expected.

I didn't sleep well.  I got up, took care of us, etc. 

That is one part of my day that's always awkward, reminding Ron to freshen up.  We headed off to the warehouse.  They had a line of, I kid you not, 50 people.  They were not having any specials or sales.  It was mayhem watching them all fight to get in the store, it reminded me of Black Friday. 

Again, NO SALE TODAY.  I got Ron settled and did the shopping, Jack came on time.  He is going to retire to part time after the new year.  We got to work, that was fine. 

Problem: Ron did not give me enough time.  This culminated in us snapping back and forth at each other and me saying the bottled vendor wasn't working but I didn't have time to fix it. 

I have decided I am not going to freak out if he doesn't give me enough time.  I will do what I can. 

I did get so angry at one point - he was shouting at me to help him and threatening not to pay me.  I was putting the inventory away.  I was so tempted I almost left it out with a big note HELP YOURSELF.  I didn't, though, because it is my inventory too. 

I had barely gotten everything put away when someone pulled the fire alarm, to get, I overheard, an "extra" break and "punish" management for requiring 2 hours of overtime today.  That is stupid as they have cameras everywhere and you can barely toilet in privacy.  So someone just quit.  So I went out with Ron and we had to wait for them to clear the building. 

They finally did, I went back in and checked to make sure everything was OK.  Then we had to wait forever on our driver, who was very late and had some attitude issues.  We got home OK, though. 

Ron and I did agree we would have to go in very early tomorrow to catch up.  So we will do that, tomorrow is going to be a horribly long day.  He has to see his pain doctor as well.  And go to the bank of course. 

Good news, Tuesday should be fine but I think we have an inbound weather front. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does he need help with exactly? Seems like breaking up boxes and sorting change can wait and if he needs help with the only two things he does not then perhaps he should not even bother doing anything. Why can't he give you more time to do your own work too? And then threatening not to pay you. Yes I can see why you would be sexually attracted to him still because he retains so many good qualities that make him so attractive. I just don't get it at all.

Heather Knits said...

He opens the soda machine, he looks inside. He asks me to confirm the ___ is really __ soda, looks at all the slots and then tells me what he wants for that machine. I go and fetch it, using our only big cart. I stack it in the order he gave me and then bring it back, then I have to stay nearby as he fills it in case he gets confused. He does fill the "change banks" on his own, which I appreciate, not a very exciting job, but sometimes forgets to remount the component which causes coin jams, so I have to check.

When filling the bottled vendor I have to take replacement sodas to the fridge at the same time I am bringing cold sodas back for him. It is labor intensive. That eats up a couple of hours right there.

My work tends to end up neglected. That is one thing I have gotten a lot more assertive about and the reason I got up at 2, and am posting at 3, AM.

Anonymous said...

Seems like all of that could be done by you quicker and more efficiently. I had to lol about a blind man looking in a sida machine to see whats what.

Anonymous said...

There is literally no point in him doing anything lol. It pisses me off that he threatens to not pay you.

Anonymous said...

Ron thinks he has all the power in the relationship when he makes threats to withhold you pay check BUT in reality YOU are the one with the power because if you decide you are not putting up with his threats and bullshit and quit he is dead in the water with his gimmie dat free business from the government.