Friday, December 13, 2019

Friday afternoon

I took a nap, a pretty good one.  When I got up I fed Spotty another can of something primarily featuring various meat byproducts.  He and his mother loved it, even Biscuit tried to eat some.  I really need to get that food bowl with the "permissions". 

I did check Spotty in the microchip registry and he is in there, good.  It is nice to see them all lined up.  Torbie is in another database but the rest are in this one. 

Years ago I saw an episode of Animal Cops, Houston.  They had been called out for a poor-condition animal.  They asked if he had any proof he had EVER taken ONE of his animals to a vet and he said no.  So I save all my vet papers, I have a huge box.  I put today's papers away, I am done for a month until I take Spotty for his boosters.  He will be very happy to have an in and out visit. 

Then, assuming Spotty's teeth hold up, I am finished with the vet until I take the old guard in July for their shots and exams.  Mama and Cleo in September, and then Spotty will be January.  But I think I will still be putting a little away every month for vet bills, that many, special needs, some old, it's just a good idea. 

I also plan to get a couple hundred in my account just for Ubers.  I have some cash on me but right now my debit card is wiped out except for a debit coming out tonight.  That is OK, I get paid soon, but I would like to just be able to make a ride when I want. 

I may ask Ron about "helping out" with that because I am saving him ALL sorts of rides on paratransit.  He hates going out now and I am making it possible for him to avoid pretty much everything but work.  He complained so bitterly the other day when we went to Walmart (he wanted a new belt, and some cords for his computer), he had gotten spoiled and forgotten that street was pretty rugged. 

Yes, I will ask him, after we buy inventory.  He has also mentioned wanting to get some beans from the Catfish Station, I ordered some months ago when I was manic and he loved them.  Grub Hub isn't cheap, I have no problem getting him a meal if he gives me the money in advance. 

I had to keep telling him we were NOT working tomorrow, Jack has something he had to do and that's fine of course he has a life.  We will do it Sunday.  It won't be much fun but I'll get it done. 

We have to see his pain doctor Monday so that will be a long day, that and the bank.  But maybe Ron can get some more magnets.  Most times they help significantly and they are totally safe.  Ron tolerates the first aid tape I use to apply them. 

I am finally feeling a little better and I really don't want to go out and get sick again if I can avoid it. 

I put some household cleaning stuff on my wish list.  :p  As suggested. 

Today I am super manic for candles.  I am glad I don't have any money because I would be tempted to spend it on candles.  I have some in a somewhat inaccessible place, I will go hunt around in there and dig one of them out and burn it. 

Ron seems fine with candles, for some reason, but incense, air spray, perfume, and plug ins are all on the no list.   I found a lanyard (needed one, I broke the one for my keys), and a couple of candles, including a very nice Vanilla Spice candle.  That should be OK for Ron so I will burn that. 

If he ever went out - and he used to go to Starbucks (or so he said) for hours every day, I would burn a rose while he was gone.  I could probably get away with it if he were asleep but I don't want a big fight now. 

Ugh.  More and more I am seeing all the limits he has put on me. 

Ron asked me to fix him a snack, I am fine with that, he hasn't eaten in hours, but I knocked over his bottle of vodka and it hit my foot.  It is pretty heavy glass.  That is unpleasant and my foot is still yelling but not broken or anything.  The vodka is fine (rolleyes).  They make those bottles to be handled by a drunk so they are pretty rugged. 

It would make a good weapon. 

Spot man is going good, running around.  I tripped over Cleo she ran over my foot, but she forgave me.  They are good little cats.  I haven't seen Mommy in a while, I think she is napping. 

That was the funniest thing about waking up in the middle of the night last night, all the cats were sleeping and there I was, wide awake. 

No comments: