Tuesday, December 17, 2019

A trip to Walmart

I had a very easy ride to Walmart.  Two things of note, Uber tends to take the longer route to get there, and most of the drivers are not very chatty.  That is fine, I understand introverts (Ron's become one), and I am paying for a ride, not transport. 

First, I went to the bank, and took care of my business there. 

Then Walmart. 

I worked my way around the outside of the store, I bought some frozen food for Ron (chicken nuggets, gumbo, etc.).  I thought maybe he would try some B-100 vitamins so I got a bottle.  I got myself some soda and chips. 

I hunted all over the cat food department.  I had a torn off label from something I had served the cats last night that they'd all loved.  It took a while, but I found it.  I also put it on the wish list "Friskies Tasty Treasures Ocean Fish and Tuna in sauce, Scallop flavor".  They all liked it.  I dropped a can pulling it off the shelf and dented the can. 

I still bought it, you break it, you buy it, and I've already fed it to the cats. 

I was delighted to find a case of Mixed Grill and snatched that up as well. 

I saw a candle which reminded me I wanted some, so I went over to the department.  None of the candles had a really good fragrance,except the cinnamon.  So I got a cinnamon and two "pine tree" candles, hoping maybe it was just the headache or the store being pretty hectic. 

I was correct, the Better Homes and Gardens evergreen candle has been very nice since I lit it.  I think I trimmed the wick a little short, though. 

I found a cashier I like and checked out.  The woman in front of me put all her stuff on the conveyor and then put her massive purse on the belt as well, blocking my access, fumbling around for a card for several minutes when she got to the register.  I had very little room to load.  But I knew I could trust this guy to load my bags properly so I just focused on shoveling all my stuff on the conveyor after she left.  He had most of it bagged by the time I finished. 

The total wasn't bad, especially considering I bought 3 large candles and a lot of food for both humans and cats.  It was time for me to eat so I got a McDonald's double bacon cheeseburger.  Ron had said he wanted one so I got him one, too. 

I ate my burger and hailed a Uber which only took a few minutes.  She had a nice big trunk.  Did I ever tell you about the time I hailed a cab to go home with groceries and the driver had several large dead roaches in the trunk?  YUCK.  This one was nice and clean, and she helped. 

I got everything in the house, got Ron and Cleo their burgers (grin) and took all my pills which later led to a resurgence of my headache.  I lit the evergreen candle and it is very nice but the wax is not entirely melted.  It is still burning and nice but a little odd. 

But that's OK, probably I cut the wick too short.  It is still a very nice candle. 

Ron did try the B vitamins. 

I took a nap, woke up with a pretty nasty renewed headache.  I tried the gummies.  I tried Excedrin.  I tried very cold diet soda.  It will not die and I am starting to feel dizzy so I am going to lie down again. 

No comments: