Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas day

My uncle picked me up to take me to Christmas dinner.  My aunt and uncle, and my Dad, are probably the best about giving me rides without making me "pay".  He took a look around the house, we left... Ron wanted to stay home. 

Ron cannot access the bathroom on his own with the cords, etc. so I set up the toilet chair in his room.  We will just do that. 

I feel he is probably STILL better off at home than in a hotel, he was very happy giving the cats treats in the garage earlier.  And he has all his stuff, which is fine, and none of it had to be taken off to storage like 98% of my stuff. 

So, I took a bag of laundry and my aunt did it while I was there, she has a real gift for service. 

We had a very nice Christmas dinner, turkey, dressing, gravy, green bean casserole, pie, etc.  I made Ron a bag - a literal plastic bag with dressing, gravy, and turkey in it all mixed up.  He will have a lot of fun eating it.  He loved it the last time I did that. 

That way the turkey and dressing are nice and moist from the gravy, and he can eat easily. 

Dinner was pretty unremarkable except when I mentioned I am smoking CBD flower for my headaches, which I have (understandably) had a lot of recently.  My uncle was utterly horrified as I described the process of lighting the herb, in the pipe.  He looked at me as if I had admitted to smoking crack!  Pretty funny!

My aunt was intrigued it works so fast on pain, and it does.  Sometimes I have to smoke more but overall it is at least as good as the headache pills.  The edibles don't always work quick but the smoke is very fast. 

I had such an awful headache today I had to smoke a couple of times.  Now, this stuff does not get you high.  It only takes the pain, or not, and I find it does help me sleep better, which is great when I am lying on a floor. 

Speaking of, my aunt loaned me what is basically a camping mat which I accepted gratefully.  I will take what I can get. 

My plan for tomorrow:
Uber to work,
Stock
Get money
Get delivery
Go home
Be available to contractors
Take Biscuit to vet (he has to go if no one else)
Go to Walmart after contractors leave, get air mattress and Jose likes Cokes. 
Make deposit
Come home. 
Take care of Ron and cats, go to bed. 

Friday-Sunday we do not need to work so that's a bonus.  Monday I need to go in the morning but not a horrible long time, come home to meet the adjuster (don't want to screw that one up). 

My uncle used to be a lawyer.  Do you ever stop?  I don't think so.  Anyway, he said the insurance company could sue the first plumber to come out.  If they do I say sic 'em.  Saying it is a roof leak and turning the water on, leaving it on, when I clearly said several times we had a leak is very negligent at best.  He was quite emphatic about it. 

Well, my headache was coming back after dinner so I smoked some more hemp flower when I got home, and it worked on the headache.  I got Ron out in the garage with the cats so he could visit them and do treats.  I still haven't seen Cleo. 

I have food, water, litter in the house.  I will put more food and water out on the porch tonight. 

I doubt she will go far, if she left.  She may still be hiding in here somewhere, but they had the door open so much I rather doubt it. 

That's it for now. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is to your comment on your other post about lying about how you were gong to try and find Cleo. You did say you would. Christmas day or not. She is missing and you act like it is no big deal. If anything happens to her it will be your fault.

Heather Knits said...

I have hunted high and low for Cleo. I cannot find her. She is hiding.

I believe she is outside, which is probably best, she is comfortable out there and I am leaving food and water on the porch where I used to before she came inside.

When this is all over I am sure she will reappear, and I will hold the door open as Ron shakes treats and calls her, she will go back in.

Or the shelter will call because she is chipped and say "We got her". But Cleo is savvy so most likely just outside.

I will keep you posted if I see her but SOMETHING is eating the food I put out.

Anonymous said...

If she’s chipped then why don’t you use the chip to locate her?? How does a cat go missing in a 900 sf house

Anonymous said...

i Wouldn’t let the cats near the air mattress, their claws will for sure puncture it. My cat got one once and then began biting and playing with the holes where the air was coming out and made it impossible to fix 🙄. Can’t own an air mattress, but they are so convenient.

Heather Knits said...

The bed will be in the house next to the HEPA fan which terrifies them.

The chip is passive, if scanned, it indicates we own her. But it cannot "track" her. It just tells the shelter "She is Heather's cat and here is the phone number". All animals picked up are scanned for chips on entry at a shelter.

I had Mama scanned when I first took her in, because I did not want to steal anyone's pet. She had no chip and considering her condition was clearly not owned. I STILL put up a notice on Nextdoor and no one claimed her... so then I spayed her and kept her.

I have hunted high and low in the house and I can't find her... she must be outside. Which is probably better for the short term. The weather is mild and I am putting out food and water, she has her chip and shots, she will be fine. She will probably enjoy the hunting... she's a little predator.

Anonymous said...

My cats aren’t chipped so I’m not familiar, for some reason I thought it had tracking capability. I follow someone on insta who has a gps collar for his cats. Maybe Cleo needs one of those lol. If/when she returns

Anonymous said...

So now she will be fine outside but before you said kids were terrorizing her. Not to mention viscous dogs in your neighborhood. But sure dont make any effort to trap her. She will be fine. And if not you have one less cat to worry about.

Anonymous said...

Since you have previously called the neighbor kids animal abusing psychopaths who were "stoning" Cleo, and you witnessed another neighborhood boy let his dog loose to chase Cleo, shouldn't you be more concerned that she is outside?

Why not trap her and take her to the vet for boarding? You're taking Biscuit there tomorrow anyway.

Anonymous said...

Edibles take longer to kick in... but last longer for pain relief

Heather Knits said...

I don't think I have a really high quality edible at hand.

If it is in the house with construction, outside on their own, or at the vet I believe most of the cats, if not all, would chose outside. None of these choices are ideal. I know that.

Cleo is also a lot bigger and more confident since I brought her inside. I will set up the trap out back but if I get a possum it's on you!

There are GPS collars out there but my guys would never wear a collar.

Merry Christmas! Friend said...

God dont let Cleo steal your energy right now ! I am sure she is in a hidyhole waiting for the chaos to end poor thing, was terrified of the construction she is fine and honestly she still is better off having come to you. Your house is being invaded i would bolt too! I still think need out of there for a proper rest. But the holiday with family out sounds like a good break. My boss at my last work project used CBD successfully (and therapy) for PTSD. The tincture worked for me post op. Have you tried the tincture ? couple drops under the tongue and it works fast. CBD is sold in all our major pharmacies here it is hemp and it was nationally legalized unlike the other stuff (sadly for other states not mine lol it is super legal here in all its forms including chips and salsa LOLOL
Merry Christmas dear Heather
Ps
I remodeled house ,,,had a roof fall in during a rain storm right on my kids it was terrifying ! I know how much will be happening and want you and your family safe mentally as well as physically please do not “white knuckle “ this
What you are going through right now? Makes me want to run screaming down the road!
Best wishes




Friend said...

I wouldn’t entertain these incredibly insensitive, victim blaming, singleminded type of comments Heather! Honestly you do not need to read or respond to negativity ,,save your energy for the mess around you. You sound super clear mentally and you are doing your best in an awful situation .

Plan time out of there please besides work, to breath! Glad the CBD gives you relief!