Sunday, December 22, 2019

Oh, boy now I am getting manic

At least I am not cranky, just sort of giddy. 

I got an AWESOME surprise, someone sent me a Uber gift card, a big one at that.  Awesome.  So now I don't have to eke out fare out of my debit card for a while.  I love things I can use and this will be going to get me my shop vac today.  And I will have plenty left after my round trip. 

I slept OK until about 1, now I am up so I went with it, used Ron's bath wipes to freshen up.  I have a headache so will need to take some excedrin which is really going to accelerate my mania, but I should be back to normal before the plumber comes. 

I have some drinks in the fridge for the plumber. 

Oh, and while getting them out of the garage I saw where the water leaked under the laundry room wall into the garage.  But all the contents of the garage are either bagged up/boxed, waterproofed because flooding is probably my #1 risk out here.  So it is basically just wet concrete which is fine. 

Pipes in the attic, living in a flood plain, yeah.  Although in my defense it was not a flood plain when I bought the house. 

When I was a little girl, before my sister got so deep into her cult, she bought me "A Light in the Attic" by Shel Silverstein.  I thought it was cute, but then the book vanished because reading makes us bipolar (rolleyes).  And my grandmother was a librarian.  I took such great glee in showing that person (not my grandmother) my Kindle and explaining just how many books it contained. 

I took my headache pills, now I'm really not going back to sleep.  I hate going in my bedroom because the carpet is so soggy, 3 bedrooms (well, 2 and a study) and only one affected, but my room was best set up to withstand a minor flood event because I do have everything packaged.  Ron is in the kitchen mostly listening to music and drinking now and then.  Now he wants to go back to bed. 

Did that, he is in good spirits.  He probably likes the company, normally I am flat in bed at this hour.  But my brain wants to be awake so I will be.  Ugh. 

Drama.  I can't stand it but I get a steady diet.  But a burst pipe is in no way my fault so I don't feel bad about it, the way I would if Ron fell and hurt himself again. 

No comments: