Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Tuesday afternoon

The movers unplugged my internet, freaked out the computer and the modem but good. 

Finally got it troubleshot?  Anyway, she was very nice about it (internet customer service).  So that's done. 

Cleaned out 98% of the computer room, I will sleep in here tonight, it's a carpeted floor and more comfy than the garage. 

Front room still needs some work but I will get it tomorrow.  I am not sure if someone will help with haul-away or if I will have to take some out every week for my trash company.  I guess I will find out - many of my neighbors have put huge piles out there so we will see. 

The cats are all pretty comfortable in the garage.  Depending on how long this takes I may take Biscuit to the vet to be boarded, it is impossible to keep his food apart from the other cats.  I don't want him getting blocked. 

Ron is sitting in the kitchen drinking after having fixed my internet.  I will probably go to bed early, odds are I will never hear the party next door, tonight. 

More later as it happens. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They couldn’t put your bed in the computer room? How can you sleep on that carpet that hasn’t ever been vacuumed? 🐜

Heather Knits said...

My bed wouldn't fit in here, it is too small. And they will be cutting the drywall on the north side of the computer room wall to my understanding. This way I can pack up my pillows and sleeping bag, move to the garage or front room (once I get it cleaned a little) if/when needed.

And I am sleeping in the bag, not bare carpet. I used to go on mission trips to Mexican slums and sleep on the bare concrete there, roaches the size of birds, rats, etc. Camping as a kid, etc. I had a possum under my bed last year (surprisingly didn't leave any poop), slept with that... I am pretty tough I guess.

Heather Knits said...

The room is too small for a queen bed, if I wasn't clear.

Heather Knits said...

Yes, I remember where the possum pooped - one place. I found a few more surprises today UGH so glad that is all getting ripped out.