Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Not happy

Super annoyed at Ron.

He hasn't given a shit about the cats since this all started, save Baby Girl, then he basically put her out.  He was happy when she came back but has done nothing to prevent her going out again.

I have made shelters, put food, water, clean beds everywhere, shelters, etc.  I have gone out and hunted multiple times a day.  I have set up a trap.  Etc.

Ron has laid in bed and drunk one vodka after another, destroyed his cable box (I found it), had pity parties, developed a likely expensive dental problem, and basically committed adultery on chat lines.

While I have been working with the insurance company, contractors, etc. Purging the house of anything unnecessary and cheerfully sleeping on a cot every night.

Tonight Ron has the temerity to get upset about the cats being out.  He says it's because of New Years.  He sure didn't care about it the last week and a half.  But suddenly I have to (and this is compacting hours of lectures and demands) open all the doors and prop them so the cats can come in at will.  And leave the heater running.

I told him I am fine propping the doors but he needs to cut off the heater but he is insistent we do both, have the back door and garage door propped.

He got quite upset I wouldn't open the door from the garage to the kitchen even though I explained all the drywall on that wall is gone.  It is wasteful and stupid.  I did not tell him that.

I just said the cats can see, are not stupid, and have noses to smell the holes in the wall - which are yards long.

It is just stupid.  Everyone wants to throw rocks at me for my choices.  NO ONE has helped, save the one reader who sent me the carrier.

Ron seldom helps with the vet bills, never helps with cab fare to/from the vet.  Never arranges a paratransit ride to the vet so I am not always $pending out of my pocket every time someone needs to come or go.  I take the cats, talk to the vet, etc.  I get the lectures for his mistreatment of the cats (over treating, etc).  I pay the bills.  I administer the medication.  I clean the boxes.  I do EVERYTHING for the cats and he has the nerve to point fingers and say I did not do enough.

He says this is all a plot on my part to get out of cleaning the litter boxes.

I am PISSED.

Edit: he is sitting in the kitchen, brooding, drinking, and muttering "bitch".  Too bad I threw away the can of room freshener, that would run him off. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is right you are not doing enough to try and get the cats back inside. You said all you had to do was shake a box of treats and they would come back. You did that and they haven't. Ron only over treats the cats because you let him. You refuse to set boundaries with him even if it means protecting the cats (yes obesity is dangerous for cats). So it is your fault for much of this. Also you refuse to put your foot down about the drinking so it is again your fault that the man continues to drink and destroy his property. You will get him another cable box when what you should do is not help him get another cable box. Let him figure it out on his own. You live in Houston, TX there is no reason to have the heater running at 80 degrees. It is ridiculous. If he is cold put on some clothes or eat some protein.

Anonymous said...

I was with you until the comment about only one reader sending you a carrier. Are you really mad that people haven’t sent you more things /paid for your stuff? I don’t mean to sound mean but this is a blog and just because people comment their opinions on what you post doesn’t mean they HAVE to help out with your problems to make their opinion valid. I don’t get the line of thinking there.

Not everyone is able to buy you things. I feel for what you’re going through I’ve been through home disasters before myself. As far as Ron goes.... he needs to be kicked to the curb. Not literally, but you don’t deserve this treatment. But you will stand by him. Even though he’s committed adultery. He’s now proven he doesn’t give a shit about the cats so there goes one of his redeeming qualities. Take off with biscuit and Torbie and ride into the sunset.

Anonymous said...

And baby girl too.

Heather Knits said...

I don't have my hand out, had the blog for almost 13 years now. Asked for very little.

What I meant is: don't throw rocks and refuse to help. By that I mean send some good energy, pray, send an encouraging word, give some advice, etc. Even just validating Ron is not a nice guy is good.

But some of the horrible comments I have gotten, ones I did not publish, full of absolute hatred

Ron's idea about the open door actually worked and Spotty came back. He is fearful and totally baffled by the changes but he is here and meowing.

Heather Knits said...

I was wrong about the treats.. Now I know.

Spotty did come back and he will get his own post on that.. but he did come.

Ron buys his own stuff now, he breaks it he has to buy a new one. I learned my lesson with the wireless headphones, which he broke again and again and again...

He loves the cats like he loves me, sometimes, sometimes greatly, sometimes very little.

Heather Knits said...

He loves Baby Girl more than the rest of us put together and then squared.

Anonymous said...

You didn't want advice. I have given you plenty of advice all along, based on my experiences with renovations. It is no place for pets.

You could have avoided so much hassle if you had taken my advice, even after Cleo had already run out. Instead you made excuse after excuse as four more cats ended up outside at one time or another. I find it incredibly sad for the cats. They didn't choose this. You chose it for them by not acting to isolate them in the garage and then boarding them all.

I'm happy to hear Spotty is back. Is there somewhere he can be in the house where he can't get back outside?

Anonymous said...

I don’t think he really loves baby girl if he let her get out of the house like he did. He’s one messed up individual

Heather Knits said...

He has very sick and distorted ideas of "love".