Sunday, December 29, 2019

Overall I am pretty happy with Ron right now

I put about an inch of water in the toilet chair, that makes it easy to empty.  Piss bottles are my friend and easily emptied into toilet bucket, close the lid (God bless the person who made the commode chair with a lid, I put the lid on to transport it to the toilet), and done.  He is in good spirits about it and I have no issues helping.  It is far safer. 

He has been in pretty good spirits considering so that's a relief.  He ordered some vodka and has been responsible about drinking it. 

He did lose my ibuprofen, he borrowed it for his back but then lost it, but I was making a Walmart delivery anyway (more soda, toothbrush and paste, etc.) so easy to add that in.  I did add in a smaller bottle of the advil for my emergency bag, that is very helpful I think.  When I broke my tooth I had some advil in my bag, but not a lot.  This is a 40 count bottle and will be enough to hold me short term through an event. 

He is fine in his room which is great and probably easier for everyone.

He did let Baby Girl out his window (I think it was a mistake), a half bald cat running through the subdivision, Lord have mercy.  I will check periodically to see if she comes back.  I do have plenty of food, water, shelter outside in a couple of areas. 

I slept pretty well on my cot, is is comfortable.  I spread an open sleeping bag ($10, and in my disaster supplies) over the top of the cot to add a little extra padding and warmth (but it is pretty warm in here, about 90 from the machines), then my pillows (saved them!) and then another open bag (also $10 and in my supplies) on top.  It was very comfortable.  I am about 220 so a zipped up bag would not have been comfortable.  This, is.  Then I could easily throw off the top cover if I got hot.  I had my water, cough drops (allergy cough is pretty bad), glasses, and phone all on top of a little stool I kept.  It is so much easier to get up off the cot vs. the floor.  It is a real gift to myself.  I used "Ron's" money to buy it because I need my sleep and he is utterly screwed if I can't help him due to sleep deprivation. 

I have been wearing my Lands End nightgown to bed every night, it is very long, modest, loose, comfortable and I can take something out to the trash without showing skin.  I like that. 

The house/floor is pretty clean the guys have been diligent about that so I can walk around barefoot.  I have found a few nails and put them in the trash but overall very clean and safe in here. 

It is not, praise God, like "regular" flood water or God forbid, sewage. 

The insurance company did tell us we have a $2K deductible but we can make that OK.  I am certain they will raise our rates out of this.  God forbid my Dad is a veteran I can go to USAA if they drop us. 

Tomorrow I have to go to work in the morning and stock, come home and meet insurance adjuster.  That will probably be the most important meeting of this whole event.  Thank God the Ubers are so reliable.  I am optimistic the company will pay for all this. 

Ron and I feel OK going with the plumber's opinion that the pipes are all right and we do not need a repipe at this time.  We can always get another plumber out to give us an estimate after all the fans are gone (it's like living on a freeway). 

So next I would imagine drywall repair, then paint, then flooring.  I really want to do the stained concrete, just a basic dark brown walnut color.  They are super easy to maintain and I love that, plus I like having the bare concrete.  If I end up hating it I can always put a rug on it. 

And Ron doesn't care. 

I plan to go get some paint chips today once I get my Walmart delivery, possibly put some more money in my account (my bank has been a hero in all of this).  I contacted someone on one of my online forums about taking some of my stuff, he was very interested and is local.  Maybe he can come by and get some stuff today.  Then when all my stuff comes back I am giving 75% of the "prep" stuff to him, if he wants it. 

I haven't needed food out of this shit hit the fan event.  I needed deodorant one day, personal care supplies, wet wipes, a cat litter scoop, etc. but plenty of food in the kitchen.  Lighting is generally an issue, I put a lamp in Ron's room. I need more batteries.  I can use some lamps.  I needed laundry services.  I needed a good pair of water proof work boots which praise God I had.  I kept them and my flip flops (laugh) and both have served me well. 

You get the idea.  But this time I have not needed food. 

Torbie just came back in and is eating even though I have bowls of food outside. 

I was pretty depressed when I got up but took my antidepressant immediately, feeling much better which is why I take it. 

So Wellbutrin and the rest of my lineup are also heroes in this. 

No comments: