Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Spotty came back

And some of you said he was dead. 

Ron, hate to admit, was right about leaving the doors open, he wandered in on his own, very skittish and about the same socially as when we met.  This event set him back quite a bit.  Anyway, he crept around, sniffing, and meowing quite a bit.  He let me pet him after a while and even let me pick him up and kiss him on his little head.  He appears fine. 

Ron was happy after a while and finally went to bed. 

I had to take the cat door panel (it is a glass panel in a frame with the cat door at the bottom), like this, off quickly so the guys could get debris out the back door, but I carefully set it aside. 

Since the open access was working so well, I managed to fit the panel back in place, it is wobbly but will work for a while, and can be removed again if necessary.  So now the cats have free access to come home again.  I imagine I will see Mama and Cleo pretty soon, Spot had been the most timid of the gang and he is strutting around like he pays the bills.  Good to see him, I missed him. 

So then I shut the garage door since they have back door access.  Ron was fine with that, now we won't have huge air leaks. 

I opened up a can of smelly wet food and put that down in the bedroom for Spotty, oh, it reeked.  But he loved it, hasn't had canned food in a few days.  Spotty never sleeps with me but it is good to have him home again. 

I still have the trap out back, the beds outside in shelters, and a blanket in their favorite chair on the porch.  Spotty is still walking around meowing indignantly.  Poor thing doesn't realize we are not finished yet. 

BUT I will take whoever is in the house to get boarded when we have drywall, paint, floors done.  Baby Girl and Torbie might be able to hole up in the bedroom with Ron for the first two but I imagine we will have some fumes for the last. 

Which makes me glad I got the good air filters and plenty of them. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All paints are low voc and fumes not like the old days when you had to ventilate after painting. Worst will be the drywall dust. But if they are professional it shouldn't be too bad .

Anonymous said...

Very glad spotty is back and safe. Hopefully the other 2 will come home too.

Anonymous said...

Joe here, awesome you got spotty back!

Heather Knits said...

The contractors are very highly rated.

I was very happy to see Spotty.

Anonymous said...

Did you put Spotty somewhere in the house where he can't get back outside?

Heather Knits said...

They have a cat door. He hasn't wanted to go out. He doesn't like outside half as much as the comforts of home.

And CLEO came in and was licking Ron's hand last night. Only she does that so she's around, too.