Friday, December 27, 2019

The guys came out again

They have been super helpful.  I had to take the cat door out of the sliding track, though, I put it outside.  I set up some elevated perches for the cats if they want. 

The repipe guy came out and said the pipes look fine, it was a one in a million thing and don't lose sleep.  He said, several times, 'I would not change the pipes unless you had another leak". 

I did get an estimate for how much it would cost. 

We will talk to the adjuster on Monday and see what he suggests.  He does this all day long. 

Moisture readings are still high in the house, but I can see wet beams, etc. drying up. 

The plumber was able to locate the cutoff valve - it was between the drywall and the siding, under the sink, in a dark and creepy hole.  So I don't need to pay to have that done. 

I got a quote for the sink and the toilet replacement when I am ready. 

Ron has been fine in his room.  I have been emptying his bottles and giving him Vitamin C to keep him healthy. 

The equipment will likely run until Monday.  The foreman will be there to help with the adjuster on Monday, which is awesome. 

Everyone at Roto rooter has been beyond helpful and professional.  I cannot say enough about this team. 

No comments: