Monday, December 30, 2019

A phone call

Apparently Chuck heard something of our troubles and called Ron, left a message.  I am debating calling him back.  I could go either way. 

Con:
Wants money for every ride he gives us.  If I gave my aunt money for a ride she would be massively insulted.  Also borrowed money and did not pay it back until Ron screamed at him.  Said "Sometimes you have to understand other things are more important" than paying us money we needed for sales tax.  Rides with him far more expensive than Uber. 

A gossip.  If they talk TO you they are talking about you.  And I have heard a lot of details of others' troubles I am sure they did not want shared.  I have to go into anything knowing that everything I say and do, everything he sees and hears, will be related to EVERYONE in his circle because who doesn't love juicy gossip?  And his circle is not that large.  Do I want all my business out there? 

Raunchy boasting about his sex toys, I mean sugar babies, what they are doing etc.  I find this talk very upsetting. 

Called some time ago and made a big production out of saying he could not help us anymore.  Not that we called him very often.  I think the last time was back in August. 

Pros:
May help with rides. 

Sympathy. 

I will think about it overnight.  I find it interesting he did not call me.  He has my number.  Do I have his?  Yes. 

It looks like the cons are outweighing the pros.  Now if a local person offered me free rides I would take it.  My aunt washes my clothes.  Paratransit took us to work.  Someone sent me a Uber card, someone else sent me a kennel.  My Dad offered to pay for new piping.  The vet's boarding Biscuit and sending him to fat camp (LOL). 

These are things I need. 

Do I want someone gaping just so they can go gossip about it?  Not particularly. 

I guess I have my answer. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This alone would be enough reason to NEVER associate/call back Chuck “ Raunchy boasting about his sex toys, I mean sugar babies, what they are doing etc. I find this talk very upsetting. ”.
Why associate with someone this disgusting, at all, even for a free ride? Yuck

Anonymous said...

He called Ron. Ron can call him back if he wants.

Heather Knits said...

Exactly. And bragging that he paid for it and the degrading things he made her do... YUCK.

I agree Ron can call him back if he wants.

Anonymous said...

Most likely Chuck is trying to get some info from Ron. He knows you wouldn't give it to him so he's targeting the weakest link which is Ron. I agree with you. The cons definitely outweigh the pros. Star_tigress

Heather Knits said...

"come sleep at my place".

NO THANKS THE COT IS FINE.

Anonymous said...

How are your kitties doing?

Anonymous said...

Even if you don't accept, it was an offer. I hope Ron was gracious and appreciative.

Heather Knits said...

No, he didn't offer us to sleep at his place, I was being sarcastic because I would never sleep around him based on the things he has said.

He just called and said he had heard something and he wanted details.

Torbie and Baby Girl are in the house, Biscuit is doing well at the vet but gets very upset when I visit so I don't think I will visit anymore for now. I have seen Mama cat and Cleo, Cleo was pretty cuddly for her but both cats annoyed at the noise. Mama cat sat on the fence and scolded me. But both cats were right next to shelters I had made for them so they have the basics, warm, food, water, safety.

Nothing is getting in the back yard unless a human opens the gate and even then it is difficult.

I haven't seen Spotty for a few days and hope he is alright. SOMETHING is eating all hte dry food I'm putting out.

Their favorite food (mama and kids) is Mixed Grill by Friskies so I put some of that in the trap out back and did not refill the dry food (yet). I am hoping to catch someone. The house is quiet for now so I think it will be OK for them to come back.

We can board them on drywall, paint, and floor days.