Thursday, December 26, 2019

Thursday morning

I slept OK but had nightmares about all that has happened... it is a lot to process. 

I woke up a few times but overall slept OK.  I am looking forward to that air mattress.  And I was right, I did have a sleeping bag at work for Ron to lie down with his back.  So I brought that home, I can drape that over the air bed so it doesn't get punctured. 

I got up, took a shower, a little tricky with the dehumidifier hoses everywhere, but did it.  I took care of Ron and the cats.  I got dressed and went out for my Uber.  I had no problems with Ubers today. 

Very nice professional drivers who came quick.  What's not to love?  They got good tips, too. 

Ron will pay for it.  He stayed home while I went in. 

When I went out Cleo came running up to me, scolding me, rubbing against my ankles, playing hard to pet.  But she is clearly in good shape.  She also pointed out she had eaten some food and wanted more, which I did.  Ron suggested treats which sounded like a very good idea, I gave her some but accidentally got one in the water bowl, so I had to dump it, rinse, and refill.  She kept rubbing against my ankles and meowing in an annoyed fashion.  She is fine. 

I don't want her at the vet, that is very difficult for her. 
She is used to being outside. 
She doesn't want to be in the house and I would worry about her getting hurt. 

So I set up a shelter when I got home. 

I went to work, sales were good!  So I was busy stocking.  The other vendor does not work Thursday so I had the place to myself and it was still pretty quiet. 

I did it all, canned soda, bottled soda, change banks, took the money out of machines, etc.  I took 2, five minute breaks, I am accustomed to doing that - I prefer a small break every couple of hours to one long break during a longer shift.  It gives me a chance to get off my feet because work boots are not exactly cushioning - but my feet are happier that way. 

Anyway, every time I sat down people kept coming over and bugging me, like "you can't rest".  I wasn't bothering them about the mail on their breaks, but they kept pestering me on mine.  An example, the coffee machine.  I don't even take care of it and a woman tried to argue with me and said I did.  No, I do not. 

I hate coffee vending machines with a passion. 

Another one wanted to know if I had a turkey sandwich.  How do I know?  I hadn't looked yet. I dealt with that, though. 

I got it all done. 

Ron had been rather pestering this morning, calling me, I kid you not, ten times during my shower to tell me a cat was meowing.  I was worried he was going to pester me all day but he did not.  He called me once, when I was in the middle of typing out a text to him, amusingly enough. 

I didn't eat a bunch of garbage snacks, I had a protein shake for breakfast and a bag of chips at work.  Pretty soon I finished, I almost forgot the sleeping bag but recalled at the last minute.  I had a heck of a time rolling it up but I got it. 

I got some looks walking out of there with a sleeping bag! 

I talked to some people and showed them the "mug shot" of the leaking pipe.  I am really liking the idea of a medium to dark purple rug with lighter purple walls. 

Or I could even stain the concrete and then put a sisal rug on it, maybe.  I like the way they look and the cats would have a field day scratching on it. 

I had a very nice ride home with a very nice driver. 

Biscuit has been utterly freaked out today.  So I packed him up and took him to the vet.  I am sure he is wondering which is worse!  They will board him for about $15 a day.  The other 4 are fine in the garage.  Torbie is quite the adventure kitty, roaming and exploring.  She is fearless when it comes to the restoration. 

When I got home from the vet I fed the cats in the garage, changed their litter, etc.  They are all OK.  No one seems unduly traumatized and some were exploring when Ron had the door open. 

Ron is OK and doesn't seem to need anything.  I have some items on my list for Walmart after the guys finish (they are clearing out my room right now).  I have a ton of drinks in the fridge for them and told them to help themselves. 

I may order a pizza for them later.  They got a little late start but are working with vigor. 

It just gave me time to do my tasks before they showed up. 

NO headache today.  Peanuts I think are the problem and going back on the forbidden list. 

So now it is just wait and let them do what needs doing, then run to Walmart later.  I have a shelter for Cleo in case it does rain (it might).  I may talk to Ron and call our handyman to come out and fix the hole in the cat cage, then we can let the cats out there while they work in the garage (extensive drywall damage).  The garage contents all seem fine - who cares if a dumbbell gets wet, but the drywall will have to go at some point. 

I do not know when they are leaving today, and if they are working this weekend.  I have my trusty dehumidifiers and the HEPA fan running so I feel OK even if they aren't here, work is still being done.  It is a lovely day, sunny and mild in the 70's, a really good day to get it all done. 

I just spoke to the insurance company and gave a very extensive interview.  Hopefully that goes well, but:
I turned off the water Saturday
I turned off the water Sunday
I called a plumber Saturday
I called a plumber Monday

I did everything I could. 

No comments: