Sunday, December 8, 2019

Sunday afternoon

I had to put some money in my account, I had to pay the electric bill, and I was low on soda.  I decided to call a Uber and had one in 5 minutes.  I am accustomed to waiting up to an hour for a ride.  Sometimes longer.   5 minutes. 

I went out, a very nice vehicle again, very clean, good driving.  I made my deposit, paid the electric bill, and did my personal shopping.  It took me about an hour.  I went to McDonald's and asked for a burger with bbq sauce.  The guy punched up a plain hamburger and then gave me the sauce on the side.  I would not have given them a good review.  I ate it anyway because I was pretty hungry. 

I went outside and punched up a ride, which came, again, in 5 minutes.  Impressive.  One time the cab company kept me waiting two and a half hours and still didn't come.  Usually on a Sunday I wait over an hour.  So 5 minutes is a bargain. 

I came home in a "Juke" I think, it had a very small trunk but cute and different.  It was fine for my purposes but would not have worked for Ron.  She helped me unload. 

I went in, put everything away.  Ron woke up and was hungry so I fed him.  I ate a snack, took my pills, went to bed. 

I slept for a couple of odd hours and got up.  I bought Cleo a cat bed and am trying to introduce her to it but she's avoiding it.  She did eat some hamburger next to it, though. 

I got 2 deliveries.  They must be from my adoptive mother so I put them somewhere safe.  One is very light, the other is a cube shape in a sack type bag, and heavy.  Not sure what that is...ah, I think I do know (batteries, for Ron).  I will not tell him.  He will love that if it is batteries. 

I did a little apartment hunting before I left the house.  I found one place with mixed reviews near the transit center, pretty reasonable rents ($500-800 a month, $800 would be pretty close to the same square footage) BUT as discussed they say only 2 pets total.  I haven't talked to them, though.  It's been my experience money talks and if I offer a large deposit and an extra rent they may bend. 

It is something to consider. 

I need to have a frank talk with Ron after we do the monthly report and discuss what he wants long term.  He has discussed retiring from the program.  I don't think that would be good for him but he could retire. 

A couple possibilities, I get another job (of course), he could get a helper while I am at work.  He could work on getting his own place and I assume all the bills once I am settled. 

There is going to be a transition period if we end this and I don't want to go in with a fait accompli.  I don't think I can, too many people would be involved in this.  Just ending the business is going to take a minute. 

So we will see... I will talk to him after we do the report. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he has no job there is no reason for you to even be with him. Again more of YOU doing it all and him just laying about and drinking. Are you saying you would pay his bills and yours if he got his own place? Why would you give up the house to go into an apartment. Let him leave.

You know he can't live on his own. He would have to go into some type of group home setting. He can't even feed himself and can you imagine the amount of piss bottles that would be in his house. No apartment will ever bend to 6 cats. Especially with your hoarding and lack of cleaning issues.

Anonymous said...

What has changed that you're looking for a place?

Heather Knits said...

What has changed? Basically his response to me taking care of Baby Girl, after he agreed, multiple times, to a full shave. Then the abuse when I did it.

It was a wakeup.

If he gets his own place his disability will go to that.

I am not sure where you get "hoarding" out of, my place is nothing like the ones on TV or when I went to visit my sister and got trapped in the hall trying to go pee in the middle of the night.

Anonymous said...

Heather good fo you making steps forward. I believe you can do it regardless of what path you take you are smart enough to make this work that is for sure.
Good luck