Saturday, March 28, 2020

I made a decision on the pillows

I had a couple of contenders, velvet in either navy or orange, corduroy in either color, and a navy and orange "oriental" design.  I would have liked to get an "oriental" rug over in this area but 1.  Tripping hazard for Ron and 2.  Right next to litter boxes and 3.  No vacuum.  I could have gone for any of them, I like them all. 

I talked to my aunt today she is staying busy.  I mentioned the pillow thing and described the room to her.  She said an orange and navy would work great.  I looked on Amazon and "my" "oriental" pillow came back.  2 for $15.  I thought about it a while longer and decided to get it. 

Amazon link

I am happy with my decision.  I get a touch of "oriental" in the room without the hassles of the rug.  It shouldn't be a magnet for cat hair, like the other fabrics would have been. 

The rest of the day has been pretty uneventful, Torbie has a small cut but is moving around OK and stealing treats, I will watch it.  My vet is shut down but I know another vet nearby and I have the number and address if I need to take her in.  I have had other cats with similar cuts, most notably Cleo when she had that deep scratch on her back (back in her more feral days), and it healed up fine, and that was a lot worse than this one.  BUT I will be vigilant and also give her some probiotics because immunity comes from the gut. 

Torbie also beat up Spotty when he tried to get in bed with her and Cleo (Torbie and Cleo are friendly and often share a bed), Cleo is allowed, Spotty isn't.  Poor Spotty.  And Baby Girl won't let him in Ron's bed.  But he is still a lot better off than he would be on the street.  He likes to stretch out on my new floor. 

Ron was out of headphones - I told him I am going to just buy him a couple pair every time I go to Walmart now, like I do with the chicken strips (deli).  He agreed that's a good idea, and I gave him my headphones.  I am not using mine so I feel fine doing that.  He will love them, and he will break them, but I haven't used them in literally years. 

I also found a set of refills on my medication when I rummaged through my backpack so good to know.  I will call my parents in about 20 minutes.  From what I saw on Facebook they are managing to stay busy.  Dad likes puzzles and seems to have plenty.  She is a bird watcher and photographer so she is set pretty well.  Her son lives fairly near them should they need assistance.  That is good for me to know, I never had any real issues with him and he is a likable guy. 

I don't think Bill really valued my Dad until he got out on his own and realized all my Dad had done for him.  Especially after he had kids of his own.  But they are friendly and that's great.  I don't have to worry about Dad, yay, Bill. 

I will get my pillow covers Tuesday according to Amazon so I will put up pictures.  I generally always have 1-2 cats on that couch at any given moment so you will get them, too. 

I am glad the cats are enjoying my home arrangement and layout.  I want to be inclusive. 

I was pretty worn out with the trip to Walmart today so I plan to vegetate tomorrow.  I will clean the litter box and take that out but that's all I have planned.  Happily I did find Ron's favorite sausage and plenty of buns for it so he can eat 1-2 every day for a week and still have some left.  I want him to enjoy his food. 

That's it for now, I just thought I'd let you know about the pillow. 

Re: the pandemic, I am a huge fan of oregano oil capsules and take one every time I go out in public.  If I had advice or a comment that would be it.  I also take a Vitamin C and a D whenever I go out, as well.  :) 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Ron was out of headphones." Correction he breaks them in his drunken stupor because he has no respect for himself or his personal property.

Heather Knits said...

No, he's always been hard on headphones even before the drinking. So much so I was offered a chance to buy a whole case of them in 1995 and almost did, but Ron talked me out of it. I have kicked myself for that ever since.

Ron is just really hard on electronics, one reason he has a cheap phone. He was breaking headphones back in 1992 I remember going with him to Radio Shack to buy more. LOL That's how old we are, as a couple. :p

Anonymous said...

No post about Torbie? Why? Because you know I am right.

Anonymous said...

So it doesn't bother you that tirbue somehow got injured? You still won't stop letting the cats roam or fix the catio so they can be outside safely

Anonymous said...

So how much will it cost monthly to buy a few pairs of headphones every time you go to Walmart? Because you go to Walmart A LOT

Heather Knits said...

I go to Walmart once a week, I also wrap my bank and pharmacy trips into that. That is reasonable. The headphones are $5 so maybe $40 a month for his entertainment.

I didn't post the thing about Torbie because it was rude and abusive. :)

I don't know how she got hurt it may have been in the drywall hole in Ron's room. No way to know, it is NOT a big cut and she is acting normally. Money is not yet at a point we can fix it. I worry more about Biscuit with his condition.

Anonymous said...

you are abusive with your cats

Anonymous said...

Let piss man buy his own head phones. Normal people dont go through head phones every month. Makes no sense a sober person would do that. Now a drunk person who gets destructive absolutely. Way to reward his wastefulness by buying him headphones when he contributes nothing to the household.

Anonymous said...

The comment about torbie was not abusive. You just dont like the truth.

Anonymous said...

So the insurance money didn’t cover the drywall that had to be torn out in Ron’s room/bathroom or did you overspend

Anonymous said...

I'll bet @8:58 isn't married and has no kids or I feel sorry for them. Harsh attitude.

Heather Knits said...

No, it only covered damage to the 70 feet of drywall affected by the pipe break. I had about $100 left after I paid Carlos for the flooring job (last one).

However, he is going to quote us for Ron's job and we will save up for that, fix his drywall (about 11 feet of wall), paint, flooring.

Insurance only gave me about $7K and Carlos got most of it, flooring was a thousand just for materials. He gave us a really good deal I was being quoted $6K just for drywall no paint or anything.

Ron will pay for his own headphones, I am not worried about that. It's in my own interest to get him headphones so he doesn't bother me when I'm sleeping. Re: contributions he pays mortgage, taxes, electricity, and gas.

I don't like people calling me a POS because my very curious cat got injured. I have heard of cats breaking bones jumping off a chair, things can happen indoors as well as out. She is fine and I am babying her. It is easy to sit behind your keyboard and judge, ANONYMOUS. If you really feel so strongly put up a name or picture for us to see who is saying all this. :)

Anonymous said...

The insurance company would never have given you such a low ball estimate. Again Ron spends $500 a month on vodka. There is NO reason for you to have to save up the money. You should have been saving money since December when this happened but both of you continue to spend money like you have all the money in the world. Plus you wasted $400 on a dumpster and that could have been used toward the drywall. So that $400 plus the $100 you had left over would have made $500 saved towards this. Instead you decided to buy home decor items when you have a bedroom that has a carpet full of piss and god knows what else. It is all about priorities.

The government is sending everyone a $1200 check in the coming weeks so between you and Ron that is $2400. The money he gets should be used to pay to fix the drywall and any extra left over to replace the flooring. PLUS if he fired you right now and stopped paying you, you would qualify for unemployment of $600 a week from the government plus whatever the percentage Texas gives for unemployment for I think it is 4 or 6 months. Something to consider and think about and look into - ask your aunt.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I would keep the cats indoors and move Ron into the orange room. His room can remain blocked to the cats until it is fixed.

This is not the time for unnecessary risk.

Heather Knits said...

I love it when people tell me what had to have happened. We had a $2K deductible. That is a fact. They only gave us several thousand for all the repairs. I upgraded the flooring they only gave me enough to replace cheap carpet but it was the right call.

Insurance was never meant to cover anything related to pipe replacement. That includes Ron's drywall. That is considered routine maintenance. And I'm OK with that, they can't pay everything.

I need to refence the catio before I lock them in because the fencing is broken outward and has sharp ends, I can block it but they may get out another way and hurt themselves in the process.

Anonymous said...

Why does the catio need to be part of the equation? Close the cat door leading to it and keep them inside until everything passes.

Anonymous said...

I meant keep them in the house with no access to the catio or the outdoors.

If they can't get in Ron's room and they can't get out of the house, it takes away tons of unnecessary risk.

And if you move Ron to the orange room, he will be in a more sanitary environment where it would be safe for the cats to visit him.

Heather Knits said...

No access to outside or Ron's room. That's not going to fly. For one, it is very important for Ron to have Baby Girl sleep with him. I did clean the carpet as best I could, this weekend.

Anonymous said...

If you move Ron to the orange room, all the cats can safely visit him. Baby Girl can sleep with him.

Close off access to his old room while he is in his new, orange room. No one will be able to climb in the wall.

Stop being lazy. You have plenty of free time.