Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday morning

Yesterday I got a text the bus could be up to an hour late.  Not only that, if it gets more than half full it will pass me up and I must wait another hour, hoping that one isn't "full". 

Or I could take a Uber to the other branch office by my Walmart and get some shopping done. 

I did that.  I had a wait for a change, on the first ride, but I got there. 

The driver works in insurance and says pipe break claims are right up there along with weather when it comes to claims paid out.  Interesting. 

I did my banking, they cut the hours and are doing distancing but I was able to make my deposit.  The manager took it, even.  Oooh!

I did my shopping, they had a good amount of food considering and I was able to get Ron's favorite sausage. 

I got 2 packs, and 2 packs of whole wheat buns, quantity wasn't an issue at checkout. 

I got more urinary formula cat food they all like it and I don't have to worry about Biscuit eating it.  It sure won't hurt Spotty, either. 

I got some food for me, bananas, etc.  I got some storage boxes for the garage, so I can take the items out of the "good" under bed boxes and put them back under my bed.  I didn't buy much. 

I paid and left, had a very short wait on a Uber to go home.  They like to hang out in the parking lot because they know they will get a lot of business.  I got home pretty quick. 

I put everything away and Ron woke up, I gave him the chicken strips (from the deli) and he gobbled those up happily.  He is pretty easy to please.  He went back to sleep which is fine. 

I tried to give Cleo the treats I bought, all the cats showed up and Baby Girl and Torbie ate most of them.  Cleo and Spotty got a few treats but not many.  Oh, well, now I know everyone likes "Backyard BBQ" - backyard something, Temptations.  I feel bad for Cleo she is apparently low man on the totem pole, but she is adorable and seems to be bonding to me. 

I find that precious.  I am sleeping better at night even with the cats hogging the bed as I have a full sized queen now and not a cot.  I plan to take a nap in a little bit. 

I wore a mask and washed my hands when I got home.  I had a pretty easy time putting things away as I didn't buy much. 

And when I get up I am going to decide on the pillow covers. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog you wouldn’t even know there is a global pandemic and over 3 million Americans unemployed and 3 billion people quarantined in the world.

How much booze did you drink today?

Heather Knits said...

None, yet. What can I do about a pandemic? Nothing aside from pray. Same with unemployment and quarantine. People don't bookmark me to read about world issues. Maybe I take their minds off their troubles.

I have enough on my plate as it is, without freaking about issues I can't fix, so I will focus on what does make me happy, take care of myself, the cats, Ron, and the business. And I won't feel bad about it, either.

Anonymous said...

You don’t even do anything about the things you can fix.

Heather Knits said...

Yet you're here, and went through all the bs to post a comment. [scratching head]

Anonymous said...

LMAO