Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday morning

We had the air running the other day, now we've got the heater.  Happily we have an excellent furnace.  But I was talking to Ron, our house has no insulation, but it seems to - temperatures are well moderated and nearly always comfortable.  How is this?  We have NO insulation in the walls, none.  He said it's God, it must be.  I don't get that. 

It is just a bungalow with wood siding.  Works for us but I don't get it. 

I didn't sleep as well as I might have because Torbie was in my bed and I took pains to avoid disturbing her.  She is acting completely normally and moving around freely so I'm not worried about her but she did mew at me when I accidentally touched her injury yesterday.  I didn't want to do that again, last night, so I let her have most of the covers and scrunched off to the side under my wool blanket. 

I got that rascal from Harbor Freight about 10 years ago, I had a series of blogs talking about it, it is red and wool.  It was about $25 with shipping, it is supposed to be a safety blanket to wrap the accident victim at a plant, while you are waiting on the ambulance.  But I have found it very comfortable for my bed.  It is a little itchy but very warm.  I am glad I got it.  I drape it across a chair in the backyard, during rain storms, to wash it. 

Eventually I plan to get the nice fleece blanket from my wishlist but not just yet, I do have the quilt and two other blankets, and we're coming up on summer.  But I was glad I had the blankets off to the side so Torbie could have the quilt. 

Ron is good he got a little frustrated and shouted at me because he was having trouble with words, but he did apologize nicely.  It is a little stressful being confined, it's one thing if you want to stay home, another if you're forced.  But we are doing OK. 

I am debating throwing out the grape hemp smokes.  They are pretty vile and I am not enjoying them at all.  The Stunnas are much better.  The head shop is still open but I don't need to go, I have plenty for now.  And Ron has plenty of Kratom. 

That stuff has been a lifesaver it is far better for Ron than opioids and alcohol.   And he is comfortable. 

I need to check my fanny pack, I gave him some the other day and did not replace.  Done.  He doesn't carry kratom on him but I do.  Sometimes he can get a sudden back attack.  And I really don't enjoy watching him suffer. 

Everything he has done to me over the years - he has to answer to God, but he has sure paid for it in back pain.  I have seen him suffer, even the most vengeful would be sated. 

Anyway, on to something more positive, Baby Girl is on the Lillberg wood loveseat.  It is a wood frame with 4 cushions.  She really likes to lay on it and has shed enough I am keeping a lint brush on it.  I am glad she is happy with the arrangement.  I want the cats to feel at home. 

Torbie and Cleo like the other couch (Solsta by Ikea).  Ron put that together back in better days, actually I did the Solsta and he did the Lillberg.  And I really like the cover I got it is very nice.  I wanted something fun, relaxed, and comfortable and I feel like I got it. 

I may make a video later.  It is not immaculate or perfectly organized but it is getting there. 

I am listening to Youtube music on my phone, I really like that.  It is possible we may get additional payouts from the blind vendor program, if I read it correctly.  If that is the case and I get a little extra, I might get myself a blue tooth headphone to go with my phone, or some speakers.  My phone case prevents jacking a speaker.  And I'm not taking the case off, especially when all the cell phone stores are likely closed. 

I need to take a shower, get dressed, take out some trash (waiting so I don't wake up #2 who is very nice and a fantastic neighbor), and do the litter boxes, take that out.  That's all I have to do today I plan to take it easy because it's been a lot of running around lately and a lot tomorrow. 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ bncvWe have to go to the bank after work.  Ron wants to take some nickels to deposit so we'll do that.  It is money, just inconvenient.  I think we are the only people putting money in our banks. 

But that's all we are doing, just work, bank, and home.  I already went to Walmart and my bank so good for days, there.  I made my deposit to cover the grocery delivery fee for another year (paid for itself the first month), and a little to buy myself small things if I want. 

So far I have been able to get enough refrigerated/frozen food that I don't need to get into the pantry.  I have also been able to get enough Iams Urinary formula to cover the cats' needs.  I notice Biscuit's fur feels better on this formula, and everyone seems lively on it.  Last year I got manic for litter so I have quite a bit in the garage.  And there's Biscuit.  ]\\\\\\
m,           

He had a few things to say as you can see (grin).  I will leave it in. 

Happily, even if we do get monthly checks from the program in addition to what we're making (not much, which is the whole point of the supplemental checks) there isn't really anything I want to buy as a fun/luxury item. 

I did order some more food storage that is just smart, but I did that with my pay.  They are really backed up and I am waiting for that to ship. 

It was funny, when I had the disaster back in December I had food storage and cash.  I thought "I don't need the food I need cash" and now it is "I need food storage and thank God I had held back a little TP too".  So it will be there if we need it. 

They got rid of his breakfast bowl at Walmart is is Jimmy Dean brand now, he liked the generic brand better but says it is better than nothing, and he made yum yum noises while eating.  He finds it very endearing, has said so repeatedly, that I apparently make yum yum noises while eating.  I'm glad he finds it cute. 

I have a decent amount of fridge/freezer/fresh food for me for the week.  I got some bananas I like them pretty well (not crazy about the texture), and some frozen sausage patties for times when I need some protein and fat.  I tend to focus on feeding Ron and the cats, and forget about my own needs, but am happy with what I have.  I am trying to do intermittent fasting and only eat, when I'm hungry, after 10-11 in the morning.  So far it is going pretty well. 

I am viewing that more as a for my health issue and not weight loss.  If I lose weight, great, but not the primary goal.  I didn't have my scale for months and didn't miss it, when I got it back I found I had gained one pound, not bad considering all the emotional support frosting I had consumed. 

I kept forgetting to weigh myself and it was almost a week before I did.  I will check it occasionally but not daily. 

One thing I need to do: I had a lot of under bed storage boxes, which were great as I have a Sleep Master platform for my mattress.  It is only, let me see...looks like they don't make them but something similar is about a hundred dollars.  It was nice and high up so I could put a big storage box underneath.  Still can. 

I had several boxes but some of them had stuff I don't need on a regular basis.  And they don't make the boxes either.  So I got some of the 18 gallon standard totes for that stuff, I just need to move it from one box to the other and free up the good under bed storage.  So I need to move that stuff, but not urgent. 

I really love having good under bed storage but I am pretty sure Spotty is sleeping under my bed (Torbie won't let him on the mattress) so I will put a bed under there and forgo that slot.  I can still fit 3 boxes even giving him space.  Spotty always comes out from under my bed when I get up in the morning.  Poor little guy. 

It will be interesting to see what rules change and who sleeps with me when Torbie graduates.  I am starting to think she's immortal, though, she is the healthiest of all my cats.  I never regret getting her from the shelter she is awesome. 

And I would absolutely do it again if I lost all my cats, go to the shelter and let a cat pick me out, instead of the other way.  Let the cat decide it wants to live with me instead of choosing one, let the cat choose. 

But I have plenty of cats for now so no hurry, but if you are looking and can do it that way, do.  It worked wonderfully for me.  You are likely to end up with a cat you never expected but she will be perfect for you. 

Ron is snoring that's good, a lot of immunity happens when you're asleep.  I put some kratom next to his bed and he actually takes it when needed in the middle of the night, one reason he is probably sleeping better.  I got him "Trainwreck" which is a blend and it seems to work very well. 

I am glad the head shop is open I will get more when he goes through that bag - I have more, but I like to operate from the open bag plus the extra vs. just the open bag. 

My headaches have been a lot better I'm thinking maybe there was something in my walls that got fixed when we made the repairs.  I got some really high quality - I think, let me check... MERV 11 pleated filters for the furnace/air.  There is always a ton of crap on them when I change them, have been changing them every month.  That is good to get it all out of the air and God knows I don't want the crud in my furnace.  So I will keep getting those, delivered from Amazon really easy and the extras live in my garage. 

I have a really nice amount of space in the garage even with some storage.  I have some boxes in there but overall it is a clear space.  I am glad I donated the gym equipment they were so excited to get it.  I have room for unneeded stuff (like some size-down clothes) but not too much.  I really went through everything I had, more than once, and a lot got tossed.  I don't regret it. 

And once I am done with the cleaning and organizing I can get out the knitting and work on that.  I am a pretty slow knitter, I use my left hand, and I get it done but it takes a while.  So that can keep me occupied while I listen to music or watch tv. 

I need to take a shower (I should, rather) so I'm going to do that... that's it for now. 

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you called the storage place about all of your stolen items? That’s terrible how they stole so much of your stuff.

Heather Knits said...

Well, I haven't unpacked the candle box, or the battery one.

Some Bibles went missing but that is OK hopefully they went where wanted. I thought it was funny the Bible Promise books disappeared, those will come in handy for someone right about now.

I still have the photos and the only truly sentimental item was a basket Ron bought me on our honemoon, and the cardboard squares he cut up for me (long story). I kept the squares and the basket came back, so I put the squares in the basket to save space. Those I would have been upset about.

I will go ahead and raid the other boxes today maybe the jewelry is in them. If not I blame myself I should have thought about that, but it all happened so fast I did well to grab my pillows, medication, and some clothes.

Anonymous said...

Well geez you can’t say they are stolen then if you haven’t even unpacked all the boxes.

Anonymous said...

Luxury items are for people that don't have remodel expenses they have to save for or a savings account that needs replenishing. I hope you make ron use his $1200 stimulus check for the drywall repair in his room and you put yours away in savings. But will you? Probably not.

Heather Knits said...

I did look and they are gone.

Surprisingly, a lot of Bibles gone...
The jewelry.
Some canned food.

We are going to put stimulus money in savings because you never know when you will need to pay some $$ like on Dec 23 when I had to cough up $600 for pipe repair or $400 last week for the other repair.

We may get additional money from our program to supplement our poor sales. If we do we may use that money to fix Ron's room.

Anonymous said...

Call the storage company then. I don’t get why you won’t.

Heather Knits said...

To be honest not good memories around the jewelry. And I am not sure what is gone, most of it was an assortment of very cheap titanium rings in various sizes (fluid retention). So I am willing to let it go and count it as LESSON LEARNED.

Anonymous said...

Why not use his portion of the stimulus money to fix the drywall? It needs to be done because the cats should not be going inside the walls. It is not safe for them. There is electrical wires, nails, etc back there. As you saw with Torbie being injured.

Anonymous said...

It doesn’t matter- they stole from a customer and they need to be reported. The fact that you won’t makes me think you’re making it up like Cleo being stoned.

Heather Knits said...

I wouldn't make up them taking Bibles I was going to give away, who would believe that? Yet it is...

I haven't discussed finances 100% yet but I am pretty sure we want at least $5K in savings before we start saving for the remodel. There is no electric in the wall just pipes and under the tub. I also get the feeling Carlos is getting into the busy season hopefully in part due to my sparkling reviews.

But, when I can, I will order more flooring because we can use that.

Re: Cleo at my most charitable I can say the #6 kids traumatized her. She is terrified of them. That is earned... they did something to her. I heard them stoning her, as we have discussed endlessly, the kids came on my property and did something to terrify her and I found rocks all over my yard.

But she is pampered now and that's all that matters.

Anonymous said...

I literally LOL at “I heard them stoning her”. But you didn’t get up and do anything about it.

Anonymous said...

The drywall is MORE of a priority NOT the flooring. There is no reason not to at least get that part done. Again torbie was injured you think because of going in and out of the drywall. Why won't you get it fixed?

By the time you save $5000 it will be close to Christmas. Just get the drywall fixed. Then save the $5000 and then save for the flooring. I really have no understanding about your skewed priorities. It is troubling and confusing. Ron will NEVER save $5000 of his own money and you are kidding yourself if you think he will and on your small paycheck and with your excessive spending it will take you a long time. Not to mention he is the one who took money out of the savings and never paid it back so why build it up again for him to steal it again?

Heather Knits said...

YOu think it's LOL that a cat got tortured? And I"m sick? WTF? I ran to the door as fast as I could but they ran off when they realized I was home.

Carlos has said it's a lot cheaper to do one big job rather than small ones. I believe him.

We are not eating out anymore we can save, we get a payment from the program (not the feds) which will make a nice dent in savings. One thing Ron and I have determined it is important to save money so I don't think that will be an issue. He was only spending it on eating out and cab drivers anyway. Uber is cheaper.

Anonymous said...

Then he should have plenty of money in the bank since you have not gone out to it in over a year and yet you don't so what does that tell you?

Anonymous said...

You don't care about the cats since you have been letting them roam the neighborhood freely since december

Anonymous said...

Yes let's not talk or think about what happened to poor Mama cat.

Anonymous said...

I’ll explain. What is LOL is that you “HEARD”. (As opposed to SAW) them stoning a cat. From inside the f-ing house you knew it was rocks being thrown at a small animal. And you proceeded to not take action.

I do not condone ACTUAL animal abuse.

Heather Knits said...

Kids yelling "Get it! Get it! Over there!" pretty clear.

I do care about the cats much better to have them in the yard than trapped in the house with workers and frightened, Cleo in particular.

I did what I could for Mama Cat she did not want to come back after the flood. I even put out a trap but all I got was the very ugly possum. She has a chip if she ever gets scanned we will get her back.

We had a huge flood with major deductible and lots of bills including my root canal and the house repipe. I am amazed we are still above water. God forbid it ever happens to you we will talk about YOUR emergency fund in all of this.

Anonymous said...

There are no workers now so next excuse...

Anonymous said...

The house recipe was paid for by your dad and YOU not Ron are paying him back. Next excuse why Ron has not been able to save any money since December...

Anonymous said...

You have not eaten out in over a year. So where are you and ron spending your money? Stop using the flood as an excuse for poor money management.

Heather Knits said...

Ron has been giving me money to help. He has been paying off my root canal since I assumed the loan, in addition to giving me money for expenses and such I would normally cover with my pay. And sales are way down, so we don't have as much. He has also had to pay over $500 in repairs just in the last month. We will get that back eventually but it will be months.

Anonymous said...

Absolute nonsense and lies. Ron is not giving you money as you claim. Sure every once in a while he throws you a bone but this is not done on a regular basis. The sad thing is you really expect us to believe the lies you throw out there.

And again you did not answer the question as to where all your money goes and why you have been unable to save money.

"He has been paying off my root canal" what is he paying $20.00 a month on it? That is one expensive and long pay off for a root canal. Interesting how he could afford his own root canal but yours needs to take years to pay off. LOL.

Heather Knits said...

We're paying $100 a month on it. He hasn't had his done yet.

Sales are way down I don't know what you think he is making but I believe I am making more at present than him.