Monday, March 16, 2020

So, work today

Ron was out of it this morning when I got up and the motion sickness pills did not help at all.  I suspect he ate 2 doses.  He was very out of it, I thought he would be OK **famous last words!** so I got him dressed and we went to work. 

We had to do 2 things, we had to raise prices, we had to get our sandwich delivery and stock it.  I also had to stock the other machines.  I managed to do most of that but Ron became...irrational and combative, so I had to take him outside, let him calm down (we had a really stupid fight) and then call Arturo because I was not putting him in a Uber under MY name like that. 

He said the next time he is like that make a recording.  So I will.  Barely got him in the cab, a hell of a time getting him out (this is why Arturo gets big tips).  Found the dumpster in my yard, looks good.  I would take a picture but the phone number is all over it and I don't want you calling to pick it up before I'm ready! 

I did manage to get him into bed with difficulty.  He is OK now. 

I need to line up a few references but I am going to apply at a nearby Walmart to work nights.  That is the least popular shift.  I can work both jobs for a while and then Ron can resign when he is ready. 

We can figure out who pays what bill and I will hold up my end.  He can use his leftover fun money from his check to pay for alcohol if he wants, but he won't have that much to spare.  I will not give him an allowance. 

I think that is really the best way to go.  I like Walmart I can use an employee discount.  It isn't far from the bus line so I can walk it.  The bus runs all hours and I have Uber as well. 

I can't come up with a good reason against.  But I need to talk to my references and explain.  For the work ones I can just say business is bad and we need more money. 

But this is stepping toward me becoming self sufficient when he is placed in a home. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron IS ready to resign

Anonymous said...

I don't see how taking motion sickness pills can make a person "out of it."

Why would you even consider taking someone to work that is "out of it?"

These outbursts at work are really insane and not professional at all. Ironic since a month or so ago he was complaining because you took a call from Lumber Liquidators and here he is creating a scene and from the sound of it you were also.

He could also have a UTI and that could be causing his delirium. He really needs to go to some type of doctor to get it checked out. Especially since a couple of weeks ago he asked to go because he was having urinary issues. It is your responsibility now to make the appointment and take him to it because he is not capable at this point to do that on his own and not doing so is neglect at this point.

If a UTI is ruled out then his neurological issues are now escalating. Second step would be a neurologist to have tests run so you know what is going on.

Anonymous said...

Why does Ron have access to pills? You have said that you were giving him motion sickness pills when needed in the past. How would he be able to take two doses without your knowledge?

Strange.