Monday, March 9, 2020

Monday

I could not sleep last night...very frustrating. 

I got up for an hour and then went back to bed, got some sleep.  I woke up tired of course. 

I took my shower and did all that, Ron was fine and got himself ready.  Mostly. 

We went to work, it was pretty dead but we got it all done.  Someone at work wants to come and pray for Ron, he says no.  Me, I'm of the opinion if someone wants to pray for you, let them. 

We came home, Ron got another vodka delivery.  He had the man open the bottle of wine my uncle gave him. 

My uncle has seen me after Ron beat me up after having a blackout, and still wants to give Ron alcohol.  Anyway, Ron had some of it, spilled some of it, and said get rid of the rest.  I did.  He said he does not want any more wine deliveries and I agree.  If they want to give Ron alcohol give him the strawberry vodka. 

I made some phone calls: restoration company says they can likely bring me stuff back a couple days after I call, could be one day but could be up to four, depending. 

They are definitely on-call so I understand. 

I called the dumpster people: they said likely 1-2 days after I call.  So theoretically I could get my stuff by the end of the week. 

NICE. 

There is not much I can do now to clean up for tomorrow.  I need to get some little bits of junk off the computer room floor but I can't move my bed until tomorrow morning.  I will get up very early and do that. 

I am pretty excited for new flooring and the end of all this so I may not sleep well tonight either.  I just hope it goes well and I get a smooth return on my stuff. 

I got a very nice pallet with the flooring.  It is funny because I wanted a really nice pallet for years, now that I have it I am thinking how to get rid of it.  I am certain I can put it out at the curb if Carlos does not want it.  Someone will take it. 

My plan is to get what I can that way vs. putting it in the dumpster because I have to pay for the dumpster. 

I did find someone to take my canning stuff.  I had a fair amount of that but really nowhere to put it.  I didn't want to throw it away or hassle with selling it but I found someone local to take it. 

For now the plan is everything else unwanted goes in the dumpster.  I am OK with that. 

It is funny because a lot of the stuff I may need has been in storage (for instance, extra female supplies) and I can hopefully get it back before I do need it.  I am not too worried, absolute worst case I would order some of the reusable pads.  That is a good idea so I just did that... now I am set either way.  They will come tomorrow well ahead of my period. 

So after I finish this blog I get to cleaning the computer room/orange room just getting the junk.  Then the delivery, put that away, eat some dinner.  Tonight or tomorrow I can do the laundry.  There won't be a problem doing the laundry during the work because it is a totally different room. 

It is hard to believe this is almost over.  I am really excited about that.  Although the concrete floors have been OK. 

The only "real" problem for us on a practical level: the drafts when we didn't have insulation or drywall, when the cold fronts came through, that got pretty cold.  That actually made us uncomfortable.  The noise from the equipment the first week.  Other than that it has been fine.  Overall I would say I do not feel very inconvenienced. 

I will be glad when it's done, though.  I plan to wait on buying anything else for the house until Carlos and the dumpster rental people have been paid.  I calculated the rest of what I would like, for everything, will be a little less than $200 and I have that. 

I really like Ron's blanket just deciding do I want mine in orange, black, or purple.  I washed his it got nice and floofy, it has a good weight to me.  I like my covers to have some weight.  Heavy blankets before they were fashionable. 

Opinions on color? 

They don't have a cream in what I want.. just the other colors.  I would have liked a cream.  No way am I doing white with the cats.  I may wait until the curtains are up, I pretty much have to anyway, to see just how much purple do I want in there.  I do have the green forest nature print on the wall for contrast, I did that deliberately as purple, orange, green are complementary colors.  I remember that from art class. 

Everything else I know exactly what I want.  I am impressed the cats have not destroyed my folding chair cover.  That gives me hope for the slip cover on the fold out loveseat. 

I also need to figure out litter box placement.  I have boxes all over but at least one needs to move.  The cat trees are going to stay pretty much where they are, the cats like them.  I don't want to change things up too much for the cats but when my stuff comes back it will smell like home to them.

The foreman on the water restoration team has been great (Jose).  He was very nice talking to me about getting my stuff back and of course back when he was doing the work. 

I have really been blessed with exceptional kind and supportive workers except for the ARS plumber who told me I did not have a leak.  I sicced the insurance company on him, I hope they sue.  But everyone with Roto rooter, plumbers and water restoration, five star and very kind also.  Carlos and his crew: awesome.  Even Pablo the paint guy at Home Depot was incredible. 

That was huge to me, I felt so kicked by all this and they rallied, it meant so much.  I have not had a lot of people rally in my life. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m lmao that you comment on your uncle giving Ron alcohol, like it’s bad, when you practically just got back from buying $100 of liquor for Ron and yourself. Nice