Sunday, March 1, 2020

I put this on Facebook...

But worth repeating here. 

Psalm 91, New King James version. 

Psalm 91 New King James Version (NKJV)

Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God

91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the [a]fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and [b]buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Because you have made the Lordwho is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall [c]bear you up,
Lest you [d]dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will [e]set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With [f]long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then you should have no problem making change for sick people.

Heather Knits said...

The Bible has a lot to say about foolish and ignorant people.

Also: they also have a credit union at work but it requires a walk to get there. So they are not without options: change machine or credit union.

Anonymous said...

If there’s a change machine that makes change up to $20 then you should just direct all people sick or not to use it. Is there a reason I’m missing as to why you can’t make that the policy? Put up a note on the snack machines about it?

Heather Knits said...

"I don't want all those quarters".

But they will have to, or go to the credit union, because I refuse to expose us to someone overtly ill.

Eventually at work they will have a big meeting and give the "If you're sick stay home" speech but it will be too late.

Anonymous said...

Well tough shit! If they come to work without a packed lunch knowing they are going to eat out of a vending machine they should come prepared with small bills or use the provided change machine. Sick or not. If it were me I would put up a sign and make it a rule just like any other.

Heather Knits said...

Yeah, it's posted on the Facebook page and I don't feel it is inappropriate. We will fill the machines as long as we can get to work but I'm not serving sick people. They can buy it out of a machine.

Anonymous said...

Since you only work one or two days a week now it really is not a big deal. With the Corona virus people can be infected without showing symptoms for up to 3 weeks so you could take money from a healthy person and still get sick. I would think a this point Ron would be licking all of the money to try and catch the virus since he wants to die and go back to heaven. Just saying...

I remember when you went into work daily to stock the vending machines. You used to leave at like 3 or 4 in the morning and come home, nap and then go out to eat. Look at how different your life has become in just a little over a year.

Heather Knits said...

Still get up at 4, getting up at 4 tomorrow.

Ron is not going to fight it if he gets sick... but watch *I* get sick and he is screaming "Do everything!"

I am trying to minimize risk.