Thursday, March 19, 2020

Most of Thursday

I slept pretty well last night, forgot how to turn off my alarm and had some fun there. 

Got ready, got Ron ready.  Our ride was on time and we headed out.  It was a very long ride, nearly 2 hours.  Work is 20 minutes away. 

First we picked up a very feeble, bent-over old lady, clearly with a paid attendant who shoved her in the vehicle and left.  I told Ron about it later "I'm glad I'm not that bad".  He is, what does he think I do every day?  He sure can't leave by himself. 

She was a different race than the driver.  He drove around in circles even though she tried to give directions, but she was not 100% mentally.  We finally found her day care.  He unloaded her, she was very frail and had difficulty, he just stood by the vehicle and watched her struggle up the ramp, then turned and got back in the car.  She tried the door and it was locked.  She kept trying it, still locked.  He sat in the car and watched her clutching her walker, swaying slightly, jabbing at the doorbell and yanking on the door. 

Then he left with her just standing there.  I thought that was awful and said "Shouldn't we call someone?"  He just shrugged and went off to the next stop. 

The less-desirable (and we see a lot of them) apartments in Houston have many speedbumps in the parking lot to curtail bad behavior of racing the car, loud music, etc.  The thought is they will go slower and behave if they have to be deliberate.  Ron was miserable with all the bumping, and the driver wasn't careful.  I don't think he had an iota of compassion. 

We picked up a woman drenched in perfume.  She reeked.  She walked around the vehicle and examined the passengers before she got in, then said "I need to spray" and proceeded to spray MORE perfume in the vehicle.  It was a pump bottle she had put together herself, not a can of Lysol or something.  I put my window down, I didn't care what it did to my hair.  Apparently she thought it was some sort of anti viral, kind of like the people at work who treat a paper towel as a disinfecting wipe, if I just rub it around all the viruses and bacteria will go away.  She was going to a friends' house, much more important than taking us to work.  However the destination apartments did not have speed bumps which I found ironic because it was a far worse neighborhood. 

Finally got to work an unloaded Ron, took him to the bathroom. 

Then we got to work it was not terribly busy they were very unhappy with the price change (went up 10 cents in 2 years).  A lot of complaints and one woman threatening to bring in an ice chest and sell her own soda for cheaper.  That won't last long.  There are people selling candy periodically but they are so expensive to begin with no one wants to pay fair market. 

We did all the stocking, I did an inventory.  I took the money out (not much) and counted it.  We went to the bank and turned it into something more spendable.  I got the last of my pay. 

We went through a drive through on the way home.  I got a couple of double cheese burgers.  They messed up Cleo's burger.  I came home, ate, and took my pills.  I had done them up yesterday. 

Then I took a nap, not a great one but I feel recharged.  I made a phone call and handled a financial matter.  I had a hemp smoke in the driveway, in my trusty chair (they brought the other one back from storage).  The dumpster is gone I called for pickup, I will not have time to do Ron's room and work.  I will check the mail in about an hour. 

Baby Girl is next to me on the couch she has become more cuddly with me lately.  She is a good little cat and utterly devoted to Ron. 

Torbie was in my bed for a while earlier, and was outside when I had the hemp, I haven't seen her since. 

Tomorrow looks to be busy we go to Sam's Club and try to get inventory, take it to work and stock.  Later on I go to Walmart to get some medication.  Ron said he would take me but I want to keep him out of the public if at all possible. 

I also need to talk to my bank about my debit card which is about to expire, are they sending a new one or do I need to do that at the bank?  We will see. 

19 comments:

Heather Knits said...

I don't get to ride without him; it's mandatory. So he had to go or we pay $50 round trip for a Uber. So I would have gone to work and literally earned just enough money to pay for my ride home.

She got in reeking so I think she was OCD to begin with. I mean who believes perfume will protect them from a virus?

Anonymous said...

So put him at risk to get a free ride? Put others at risk? Entire malls are closing down. Entire chains of stores.

Anonymous said...

Wow how very christian of you. You could have called paratransit about it or done something. That poor old woman probably got stuck there. Shame on you.

Anonymous said...

Lol I knew you wouldn't get that carpet out of his room

Heather Knits said...

I could do one or the other but not both.

Heather Knits said...

She had a phone and was giving directions so I assumed she could make her own call.

Heather Knits said...

Do YOU have $50 for a round trip every time you go to work? Because I DON'T. And that's what it costs. The buses are proving less predictable as well so that option is fading as well.

I have a broken vending machine right now I can't even check because we can't afford the transit. God knows how we will cover the repair.

Also, I kept Ron WELL away from the crowd the only contact he had was the 2 drivers.

Anonymous said...

You sure have enough money to spend and waste on vodka. Again you are still under the waste money mentality. You should have gotten ALL your stock and then went to work. Not go to work one day and the go back another day and stock. It is just a waste of time and resources to do it the way you are doing it.

Heather Knits said...

THERE WAS NO STOCK.

Agh you people are going to give me a migraine. There would have been nothing left by the time we got in.

I have nothing to put in the machines... we will go in on Monday to stock the little bit of soda we do have and get sandwiches if they are delivering, but I am out of and was unable to obtain anything else.

Keeping quarantined but doing yoga outside exercising OOOXXX said...

It is like you have this audience of bullies Heather I am just so sorry. I can only pity people like this because they are truly living very sad lives . You did the best you could at the time .

I wonder if there will be some emergency transport available to folks like you . Our community has a deal with Uber and Lyft to provider rides to and from medical clinics to people who can not afford them so they do not use up ambulances.

Good luck put some music on and it is very much ok to really enjoy your new home! It must feel so good to your right now! I wonder if they drink or get high these commenters then roam around looking for mean things to say because their family’s and friends can not stand their ways anymore. Just wondering about what seems obvious .

Anonymous said...

Take your pills

Heather Knits said...

That isn't even the worst of it.

I think they see me as an easy target being disabled, mentally ill, the choices I have made with Ron, etc.

Think of it, all I have been through and I am still there and care for him to the best of my ability. That is not a small thing. I think that makes them angry.

Heather Knits said...

I had to go get my pills before I could take them. :)

Anonymous said...

You said you got extra last week so why would you have had to go get them?

Heather Knits said...

I ordered it, I didn't get it until yesterday. Had a hell of a time getting it.

Which is stupid as even the pharmacy tech agreed they don't want me off my meds.

Anonymous said...

Any reason why you won’t utilize the Walmart pharmacy delivery service?

Heather Knits said...

I had no idea they did that... for real.

I will look into it. Happily Ron isn't taking any prescriptions right now so I can just worry about me, and I plan to ask Doc for 3 months when I go so I only go once until my next visit. Once a month was fine when things were OK but not now.

Anonymous said...

Yes totally look into it. Could save you so much trouble just going all the way there for your rx. Lots of pharmacies do it also.

Heather Knits said...

I have also considered pill pack.