Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Torbie matches my floors

A busy day, the guys came and finished up.  Carlos took me in the bathroom and showed me his fix, he did on his own.  I didn't tell him about you guys but I did laugh inside thinking he must have heard you. 

All done, paid and left.  I went to Walmart.  It was pretty crazy, one guy had 3 carts full of bottled water, no rice, beans, or cup of noodles, etc.  Not a roll of toilet paper to be found.  They still had some wipes, though. 

I got everything on my list and got into line to check out.  The cashier is sweet but only puts 1-2 items into each bag, it is very cumbersome and I had forgotten to bring my bag. 

I called Jose and arranged for the return of my stuff next week.  He said he might be able to do it Friday but I told him I would rather Tuesday because I have to work.  I don't think we will be able to work much longer - they canceled the Rodeo in Houston today - the Rodeo, that is huge - like shutting down Christmas.  I think paratransit won't be far behind... that is assuming we can even get the inventory. 

So I got what I had wanted and came home.  I didn't get any liquid soap, wet wipes, tampons, or cat food because I know I had some taken away.  No sense replacing it when I will get it back in a few days. 

I have found that plain Dove soap works great on my face, not too dry and gets me clean.  I am really happy I found a reasonable solution, something that is going to be around for a while, too. 

Anyway checking out was uneventful.  I saw some potato salad at the deli and got that (they had spoons).  I sat down after my purchases and ate it.  It was pretty good.  Not a lot of egg for "deviled egg" but not bad either. 

I saw a woman stop pushing her cart and go over to the janitor cart, help herself to gloves and the moisture absorbers you throw down on a spill, not sure what she thought they were - and saw me looking at her. 

I admit I had a very judging expression on my face.  She gave me a sheepish grin and said "See, it says FREE".  I shook my head, she grabbed another handful of gloves, and left. 

"Does she think" I asked the woman next to me "God is going to bless her and keep the family free from illness if she steals?" 

My Uber came in a few minutes.  She wouldn't "let" me put my stuff in the trunk, instead demanding I put it in the back seat.  She didn't help, either. 

Now, I would have been OK with her not helping, some people have a disability.  There is one guy works Uber in my area in a blue pickup, he is disabled and never gets out of the vehicle.  I am fine with that. 

But I didn't like the attitude.  Then she was playing religious rap music without asking if I was OK with it and a freaking library of tracts in the back seat. 

I wanted to like her for the faith thing but her attitude, she acted like I was being unreasonable wanting a ride, and it was OK to be rude as long as she gave me a platitude on leaving. 

I normally give a $5 tip.  I gave her $3.  I normally give five stars because all my drivers have been great.  But I gave her four - should have been 3 but I didn't want her fired.  I gave "other reason" when it asked why I didn't like her.  Would I do it again?  Yes. 

I came in and put everything away.  I have a lot of things like honey buns and cereal bars good for a small snack.  I also got drink mix for me so it's not all soda.  I have a lot, but not that much. 

One couple at Walmart was quite upset they were out of Frosted Flakes.  Apparently everyone wants to ride out the pandemic with the tiger. 

Once I put it all way, Ron tending, took a shower (suggested during pandemics to bathe when you come home), and made a video! 

Here it is. 

I am not "done" with the house yet but it is a good start. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Torbie
“Thank you for the tour of you new digs!”