Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Kratom helps with depression

A capsule along with my antidepressants is working really well.  I am happy to report. 

I slept pretty well, Ron made some noise yelling in his sleep but I went back to sleep after that.  He must have banged his leg going to the kitchen, some blood on the paint.. I cleaned it up with my paint wipes.  I spent, what, a thousand on the paint job at least so I want to keep it up.  It is easier to keep it clean than get it clean. 

Yes, that is obvious. 

I got up Ron woke up and wanted to eat, I fixed him a sausage on whole wheat bun.  No one wanted the whole wheat buns.  There is a story behind me and whole grains. 

When I was a baby/toddler my mother had a horrible post partum depression and then back to classic bipolar + alcohol so not really "fit".  The neighbors stepped up, an older retired couple.  They were very nice and would watch me on occasion.  Whenever I did she would feed me whole wheat breads with crunchy home ground peanut butter and fresh honey... delicious.  Really ruined white bread for me. 

My Dad was always a white bread man so that's what we had in the house, but it was hard to find a good whole wheat bread when I moved out, when I could get it, I ate it.  Yum.  I have 2 loaves in the fridge. 

Not only that I have whole wheat buns... they are really dense and chewy, just the way I like.  They go great with a sausage or cheese dog.  I am glad I got them, the white ones were sold out (ick) anyway.  So I am set for bread.  Ron eats them I don't tell him they are whole wheat. 

I told him he had enough for a couple days if he eats one a day.  Between that and his protein shakes he will be OK.  I have some junk snacks for when we go on lockdown. 

I fed the cats and will check the primary litter box (my room, of course).  I checked the pantry and happy with the contents but really wanting my stuff back.  Hopefully that is still on. 

I need to finish cleaning the garage and then I am ready for The Return Of My Stuff. 

Oh, big news on the Cleo front.  Last night she was in the middle of my cot when I wanted to go to bed.  I prodded her and she just looked at me.  I didn't want to shove her off the bed, so, not thinking, I picked her up and put her on the ground.  She was OK with it. 

I won't pick her up again - I would never do that "for cuddles" but it is good to know I can handle her if it comes up.  She was fine with it. 

I am really proud of her progress.  I am so used to sleeping on the cot with the cats I won't know what to do when I get my bed back.  Big change from the poor little thing that ran and hid when I had food. 

Spotty is doing well.  Someone got into a big cat fight out back around 10 last night, not sure who but everyone is OK. 

I texted my aunt about something and will see what she says.  I found something I think she wants.  If she doesn't want it, it goes to Lisa, who I know will want it.  We will see what my aunt says, though. 

I never really factored pandemic in my disaster scenarios so I didn't have a lot for that.  It has been a surprise to me when I do find items like rubbing alcohol or sanitizer.  I always planned for flood and acted accordingly, which came in handy preserving everything when I did have a flood.  I will continue to take those precautions (everything that touches the floor is either plastic or in plastic), but, at the end of this, I will add a few pandemic things like n-95 masks.  I may carry disinfecting wipes and clean off Ron's wheelchair every time he rides public transit.  I will have to see.

That's it for the morning. 

No comments: