Friday, March 20, 2020

Oh, I didn't tell you about my morning

Went to Sam's.  Line of over 100 people there, first one in line said she got there at 6.  Ron said hell no and we came home.  I doubt they would have had inventory anyway. 

I washed my hands when we got home, I was happy we took Jack home and not paratransit, the first driver this morning kept veering toward the right, it was very alarming.  How do you say "Excuse me, can you please stay in your lane?" 

We got home, Ron drank some and then went to bed.  I don't think I have long to roam the city so I plan to go to Walmart later and pick up my pills. 

Oh, and our bottled vendor is down again, super frustrating.  I wonder how much that will cost us, the last visit was $75.  We will see. 

We didn't go in to work because no inventory. 

It is raining. 

Days ago, someone on a message board SWORE up and down she REALLY wanted some of my canning stuff and would be right over for it.  Fine, I put it in the front yard... still there.  I sent her a message today and said it is going in the trash today, thanks a lot, I could have put it in my big dumpster if you didn't really want it... I hate when people do that.  "Oh, I want it, I really want it!"  "When are you getting it?"  "Uhhh, soon"  Weeks later "When are you getting it?"  "UHhh"  "I am throwing it out"  "Oh, OK."   Why even bother to say you wanted it? 

SUPER frustrating.  I did not want to out myself to the neighbors as someone who had canning supplies.  But it won't all fit in the trash can. 

Maybe she will come and get it today.  But I doubt it, it is raining, or was. 

She will probably get a huge attitude I got rid of it but if you want something take it!  I told her days ago it would go in the dumpster if she didn't take it!  I was very clear on what I did and did not have.  Aggravated. 

All she had to do was drive over.  She will probably pull some "My husband is disabled" crap BUT THEY CAN BOTH DRIVE.  I cannot.  So who is worse off? 

Anyway, about time to call Walmart.  on hold now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just throw it out if she doesn't take it today. I have stopped offering stuff to anyone I don't know personally. I don't want random people or people I only know online coming to my house.

Heather Knits said...

I put it out at the curb I am sure the scavengers will take it.

She was very into the "my husband is disabled" thing and I think was upset I wasn't feeding her like others were. But I'm like "I'll take that and raise you a blind tbi patient in a wheelchair". Made me realize how annoying I must be at times. :)

Yeah, I am done with that, if my aunt doesn't want it I will toss it (but pretty much all that got tossed already).

Anonymous said...

*alcoholic blind Tbi patient in a wheelchair

Anonymous said...

You better hunker down financially as things are going to get worse. If you can't get inventory you basically have NO income and you will have to go apply at Walmart sooner rather than later. They are hiring NOW so it is the perfect time to apply. If you wait too long the jobs will be filled. Instead of adding things to your wish list this needs to be your #1 priority. Plus it is a good idea to give Ron a heads up because he will NOT be able to continue spending ALL his SSI and Disability checks to the tune of $500 a month on vodka. It will just not be financially possible. They may even close the USPS to vendors like yourself and only essential personnel will be allowed in the building the way things are going.

Heather Knits said...

I have thought about that.

So far they are letting us work so we will, we can't get snacks and bottled drinks but the other vendor got her Dr Pepper delivery so we can do just canned sodas as long as that lasts.

The only big expense other than the credit card payment is renewing my year unlimited delivery from Walmart next month for $100. Currently I can do that.

I have plenty at home to keep me occupied. I may still put things on the list just to remember them but I am not planning on getting them until I am back to my regular paychecks.

I will talk to Ron about applying at Walmart, my issue I will absolutely be exposed there and bring it home to Ron. It would most likely kill him. I have to think of that. If it were just me, yeah... I would have no problem working nights stocking (I used to build merchandise displays at night). He may not care but I will need to talk it over with a few people first.

I bet I could get a lot of overtime, though, and the discount would be sweet.

Anonymous said...

You’re already exposing him on metrolift and at work.

Anonymous said...

Not to mention the wheels of his chair spread germs all through the house

Heather Knits said...

The wheelchair is actually never at the bad spot on the carpet, he doesn't like the chair too close and prefers a little room to maneuver.

And, exactly, I am already exposing him. I don't want to raise it.