Monday, March 16, 2020

Monday Morning

I'm not going to feel guilty Ron is hurting himself.  I have done everything I can to stop it.  He won't stop until he sees himself having a problem.  And he is not there yet. 

He did ask me to film him when he is "wild" so I will do that, maybe it will help.  Maybe that will be the wakeup he needs.  I will do it, the time will come. 

I got him into bed, fed him at his request, gave him a nice meal of chicken salad sandwich, ranch doritos (one ounce bag taken from work) and some lemonade, got him adjusted in bed and he is sleeping peacefully. 

That is all I can do right now. 

So.  I called Jose about getting my stuff back, now that I have the dumpster.  He said he would get back to me but it was looking like Wednesday.  That is fine, I want a good job and if that means it isn't quick I am OK with that. 

But I did make it clear I am ready.  Nicely.  One thing I note at work, a lot of people who think a really ugly attitude, unleashed on me, will in turn unleash blessings of good service, butt-kissing, free merchandise, etc.  It never works that way. 

I am going to be nice to the guy who was nice when the machine didn't work, not the bitch who wants a free soda (today) because the machine didn't take her money.  They make up the dumbest stories. 

See, if a machine robs someone, as a rule I will know.  There are telltales, a crumpled bill in the validator, a coin jam, an item hanging half out of a coil.  And I immediately make it right.  But the machine "never" "takes your money" without leaving a telltale and I will know if you're lying the second I open the machine.  And it pisses me off when you do. 

I hide it because that's what you do with customer service.  But I know. 

So I wasn't ugly, it wouldn't do any good.  I just said I have been sleeping on a cot for 3 months and I am ready for my bed.  And I said it nicely. 

So I will give him time to get back and I will call him later as well. 

I have very little to do to prepare.  I need to move the potty chair, I am debating do I put it in Ron's room while they are moving everything in?  In the event he has a sudden need for a bowel movement?  I think I had better so I will keep it around. 

I need to fold up my cot and put it away when I'm up, get rid of the bedding.  I won't need the sleeping bag any more, as I said I have a dog pile of blankets on the bed.  I prefer that, if a cat gets sick it is easy to wash just a blanket and I don't worry about the washer getting off balance and wrecking it.  And that's about it. 

And I'm ready to go. 

My aunt sent me a picture she managed to score some of the drink mix Ron likes.  I figured she would be out anyway so I sent her a pic "If you see it grab some".  I also hear my Walmart is pretty decent today they were open and had a lot according to Nextdoor. 

Someone tied a dog to a tree in a person's yard.  Poor dog.  It was just a puppy. 

I checked the mail, I am leaving it overnight at least to let the virus die off, got the mortgage statement.  We owe about $35K on it, I could have almost paid it off with my recovery check.  I thought that was interesting. 

Boy, Ron is just snoring away back there, good to know he's getting some sleep.  I would hate to see him sleep deprived on top of everything else. 

So, I plan to talk to Ron, and my references, apply at Walmart.  There is one nearby I could try.  It may be possible to get a swing or night shift job and work that in addition to the business until Ron resigns. 

I don't think I ever told you, but Ron had actually been certified as a suicide crisis counselor.  I was able to twist some of the information they gave him during the training and subvert it so I wasn't placed in the hospital when I was suicidal.  I won't say how because if you're that bad you should be. 

Anyway, maybe he could do a volunteer over the phone thing, I think that would be good for him.  As someone pointed out, he can't do a day program because his back is so bad. 

He did mention how plush the bed feels now that I've flipped it, so it should be good for a while, especially with all the layers of rubber sheets.  I need to change it (not urgently) when he gets up and put a fresh sheet on top. 

Oh, it will be nice to get my bed back.  I am so glad I grabbed my pillows, but my blankets, bed, etc.  I have a lot of clothes, too.  We are getting into warmer weather so I can wear my shorts again.  I had plenty of those. 

I feel good about getting the size dumpster I did.  I got a call this morning they sent my confirmation to a gmail account, not mine.  I was teasing her asking could I put a dead body in there and she said actually it's not prohibited, but it needs to be!  She sent it and I clicked OK so they could get me going.  I am happy with my old aol email I have had it for over 20 years now. 

One thing I plan to do later: do some shopping for long term storage foods, once I see how much room I have.  You need to keep that stuff indoors in the climate control.  But they have really cool stuff like instant refried beans, you add boiling water to the flakes and presto!  Really cool.  I used to manage opening a Taco Bell every morning and that was one of the things I did, reconstitute the refried beans, add a scoop of lard (back then at least) and get it going.  Cook the rice, eggs, etc.  It was pretty busy but I liked having the place to myself and getting it all done. 

You may be interested so I will put up a link.  Hopefully times have taught it is a good idea to have a month or so set aside.  Rainy Day foods price list  Unlike a lot of food storage places, they still have stuff left so viable even now, if you don't mind waiting a few weeks. 

Or you can run around with the masses fighting over the ramen noodles.  [shrug]  Your choice. 

No comments: