Thursday, March 12, 2020

Thursday

So, I went to bed, woke up, stayed up for a few hours, found Ron some curtains when we get to his room, adjusted a few things on my list, and went back to bed. 

I got up (I am showering when I get home as I hear that is better) and got ready, got Ron ready too.  Nothing like scrubbing his armpits at 5 AM. 

I got him dressed, our driver was on time.  She said a lot of people are not riding and a lot of the daycares for the slow have closed.  Sensible. 

We got to work and the bottled vendor was down.  I got the repairman out and he fixed it.  We stocked, they looked good.  I did an inventory and we just didn't need that much, I told Ron and we agreed to cancel our trip to Sam's tomorrow.  I took the money out and we went to the bank.

I got about 2/3 of my pay, early, which I think is great as I have a feeling Houston is about to shut down.  We came home and I got Ron settled, took a nap.  I had a really great nap those blackout curtains are the bomb. 

I got up around 2 and got ready for Walmart and my bank.  I went to the bank first, I wanted to get Dad's money in my account so I could quickly pay him now while everything is working.  I made the deposit and went to Walmart. 

It was pretty picked over.  I am glad I have decent supplies.  Ron wanted some fruit drinks that weren't juices because we all know what happens when he drinks juice.  I got a big bag of cat food because I am opening my reserve today and I always like to have the one I'm using, and the spare.  There was plenty of my brand. 

It is a lot more expensive at Walmart vs. Chewy, though.  I still got it because bird in the hand and all that. 

I had a long wait in line but got checked out and got myself a burger, I was starving.  I ate that and then hailed a Uber, I got a very nice lady who was very helpful and got a big tip for her trouble. 

I got everything in the house, most of it put away.  I don't think I will be going to Walmart for a while. 

I opened up the "old' bag of cat food and fed them.  Spotty was very happy. 

Cleo requested, and got, some hamburger.  She is really cute and turning into quite a little beggar.  I gave Ron a bottle of the instant strawberry drink mix and he had the whole bottle.  That is unheard of for him to drink a lot, and I was thrilled.  I will have to get him some more.  He is asleep right now. 

He had a bad day for pain today but is sleeping now after some Red Malay kratom.  Happily I have a good amount of that.  Kratom in general, several different varieties. 

I am OK for medication right now, not a tremendous amount but about a month.  I am burning some incense now and trying to relax. 

I plan to stay home tomorrow and do some cleaning and organizing.  I am debating buying my home decor items now (slipcover, etc) or waiting until all the bills are paid and then getting them.  I would like to have it all "done" at once but prudence seems to dictate I wait. 

I have to admit I feel I have been patient "enough" but another week or two isn't going to kill me.  First I have to get the front room cleaned out. 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cleo will have a shortened life because of those nasty burgers

Heather Knits said...

Vet said they're OK as long as she is not living on them. She would have had a very short life if I hadn't trapped her and brought her in.

Anonymous said...

Your vet is an idiot

Anonymous said...

Unlike Mama cat who you let go outside and she never returned. Yeah, you are fantastic. Pat yourself on the back. You are still letting ALL the cats roam the neighborhood freely, so there is that.

Anonymous said...

So now Ron can't do any if his hygiene at all. What happens when he can't get out of bed and into the wheelchair?

Heather Knits said...

Well, we either get a lift like his friend Sylvia has or the nursing home, which is why I am pushing physical therapy for him. I don't care if he gets it back I just don't want him losing any more.

I don't as a rule mind the sanitary stuff because he is, as a rule, very decent about asking for help.

Heather Knits said...

The cats stay pretty close to home.

Heather Knits said...

You think all my medical peeps are idiots. LOL

Anonymous said...

Weren't you suppose to have your lithium level checked this week?

Heather Knits said...

When I get the rest of my pay I will. The lab sent out an email they are not doing COVID testing so safe to come in and do business. :)

Anonymous said...

Curtains and soda are more important

Heather Knits said...

Tests will cost $200 a lot more than I spent on soda. And my stepmother bought the curtains.

Anonymous said...

And you don’t need incense or hemp either

Heather Knits said...

Hemp is for migraines and not optional.

I live in a house with bad odors = incense. At least until I can rip out the carpet.

Anonymous said...

Rip out the carpet now and put a rug down until you can afford the flooring. Ron can stop peeing everywhere easily.

A medical doctor would beg to differ on the hemp