Friday, March 6, 2020

Not sure what the big plan...

So I was thinking about Ron.  He drinks about, I calculated, between 5-6 liters of vodka a week.  Basically a liter a day. 

He has a couple liters right now.  You can see how this could go bad. 

Especially as he will get DT'S if he stops suddenly.  He could have a fatal seizure and it would be all my fault  because everything that goes wrong with Ron is all my fault.  

So, I said to myself, Heather, don't be a stupid bitch.  Get the man some alcohol, the cheap brand he hates, and then he can have that rather than DT's SHOULD he need it, if not don't tell him, it will store for years.  Good plan I thought. 

I kept hearing oh they have alcohol delivery now.  No.  They don't.  They have websites that don't work. 

Ron is still in utter denial he is physically addicted.  He refuses to get more. 

I can't get it delivered the way I had planned.  So either I will have to go to the liquor store myself and buy something or Ron is going to be out and possibly having seizures. 

AGH. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was in rehab and didn't have seizures from not drinking. If he doesn't want it don't force him. If he starts getting DTs call 911 and they will help him. When an alcoholic goes into rehab they don't give them alcohol. Obviously there is a reason he doesn't want to drink that he is not telling you.

Anonymous said...

And walmart sells vodka so on one of your numerous trips there you can pick some up if you really must do this.

Anonymous said...

He needs to be put in a hospital now if he is refusing alcohol. If he really does detox then it will be up to you to enforce the no alcohol rule. I think in rehab he was ok with no vodka because if all the pain meds

Heather Knits said...

He is still drinking but he only has a few days worth. He is dependent on store and driver to get more, that could go bad if this gets worse. Our local Walmart only sells beer and wine.

I agree about the pain meds. I want to keep him out of the hospital at all costs right now because they are an even bigger disease spreader than paratransit.

Anonymous said...

So now he is making his drinking your responsibility. He is a big boy and can make his own choices. He is quite capable of calling his dealer for a vodka delivery. He is just playing games with you.

Heather Knits said...

Here's what I didn't want "I am almost out of vodka, I had better get a delivery". "Sorry Ron, can't do it" Or the store is closed. So he can't get it.

Now we are faced with him going into DT because he drinks a liter a day, I calculated last night.

"They" are already accusing me of being a bad caregiver. What am I if I know this can happen and do nothing, let him go through DT and possibly die?

Someone up on charges. This is plain and simple CYA.

Anonymous said...

Again that is rons choice. Do you want him to drink or stop drinking. If he dies it would not be your fault. Only his. And from what I have been reading alcohol makes it worse if you get sick. If he goes into dts you will have to call 911 and have them take him to the hospital. It is very simple. This nonsense about stockpiling vodka for him is ridiculous. You can only have so much of it on hand and then he would get the dts anyway. Are you willing to spend thousands stockpiling the vodka? Remember he spends over 500 a month on it

Friend said...

HE needs to have his plan in order of how he will taper if there is a shortage it is not your responsibility to do this for him or break your vow not to be an enabler . Please dont Heather