Tuesday, March 17, 2020

He's a lot better today

I am thinking it was probably stomach irritation from the vodka.  He has a lot, every day, straight.  I would hate to see his poor stomach. 

I slept OK considering I get all my stuff today, I was on a cot, and I had 2 cats with me.  I woke up in the middle of the night and fed them, they were delighted. 

I got the house ready for the move-in.  I took my shower late yesterday and will take it late afternoon today, get the germs off.  I finally figured out the dumpster, boy it is big.  They already billed me it is OUT of my account.  I got the walk in door open so I can stuff it.  That is enough to keep me busy for a day or two. 

More, if I do Ron's room.  Still debating on that.  Right now I am moderately depressed and that will be a very big job. 

For today, I plan to get my stuff locked and loaded, set up.  Figure out what decor items I want.  I have a couch cover for the Lillberg loveseat from IKEA.  I would like to get an orange slipcover for the Solsta loveseat - that is more the traditional upholstered style.  Some cushions, I already have those picked out and have for a while, and a blanket or quilt for my bed. 

Now, I HAD a very nice quilt in the bedroom I was using to cover something, I am not sure how that turned out.  If it is OK I am set for a while, it is burgundy and gold which will go with my other colors.  If I don't have that I will have to figure out something else.

That is all I need for right now.  Ron will be really happy to get his "guides" back he used the table and sofa as guard rails going to the kitchen.  Ron is pretty stuck in his room without them, he can get to the bathroom but that is about it.  Speaking of bathroom I put the toilet chair out in the garage.  The front room is pretty empty except for cat stuff. 

I checked the mail, found 2 talking books, checked them, a total of 6 books.  The book is actually a USB cartridge that looks like an old time cassette tape.  It goes into the player.  He can navigate using buttons.  That will keep him busy for quite a while, at least a couple weeks.  Glad to see the talking book team are still in the trenches.  It's going to be even more important now for elderly/blind/disabled to have their talking books if they go on lockdown. 

I also found a water bill $25.  I can pay that over the phone.  I am burning a very nice honeysuckle candle. 

I did discover, during the move out, they knocked a candle over, it got wax all over the carpet but it didn't matter long term.  It also got all over my Bible Cover so I will have to get a new one.  I will measure it later and see what size I need.  It's not a big deal.  I found the leather cover got damaged really easily anyway.  I had it repaired with the decorative duct tape, you get the idea.  "A Bible that's falling apart, belongs to someone who isn't". 

I am going to go look into that right now.  I am glad I had the cover on I really like the Bible and would have been a lot more upset. 

And yes, it is an indictment that it took me 3 months to find this. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you wouldn’t do Rons room

Heather Knits said...

Today is my day, always has been. I have to do the purge and get my stuff back... once that is done, I get a night of sleep in a real bed, tomorrow (or next day) I can see if Ron will let me move him to clean up and tear out his carpet. He may not want me to do it and I can't force him to participate in the sorting process.

I cannot and WILL NOT go through his stuff without his permission. Even though I have told him many times his carpet is disgusting. Today I will have him feel it.

I have until Monday with the dumpster.

Anonymous said...

When are you going to realize Ron has lost his power, you are in charge now! How much personal stuff can he have he's blind and bedridden. All you have to do is decide what is garbage and what isn't. I'm sure most of it is garbage since you never clean his room.

What Ron was he no longer is, he doesn't have control over you anymore. You don't have to ask him for permission for anything, you have the power now, use it! Get him out of that hell hole of filth and clean the damn room. What's he going to do sit in his wheelchair yell and call you names, he does that anyway big deal. How on earth does that stop you from moving him and doing what has to be done?